PDA

View Full Version : Scotland - Training for PPL at Prestwick

chkay
22nd Mar 2019, 10:57
Hi all,

I’m at the stage where, after having a couple of ‘experience’ flights over the past few years, I’m ready to start exploring obtaining my PPL. I’ve done the usual research online and know that it’s important to work with a good instructor at a good flight school or club – however finding them seems to be the hard bit!

Does anyone have prior experience or feedback on training opportunities at Prestwick, either at the school or the club? It’s my local and would probably be the best place to learn for convenience, but it’s a bit commitment so I want to try and make the right decision.

jaycee46
22nd Mar 2019, 16:05
There are two options at Prestwick.
Prestwick Flying Club is more orientated towards private owners, and I'm not sure if they currently offer PPL training, although I'm willing to be corrected on that one!.
Prestwick Flight Centre is the main school at the airport. There's currently, I think, three instructors and a small fleet of the standard training a/c.
Pick the phone up and give them both a call.

Genghis the Engineer
22nd Mar 2019, 16:31
I know people at both, although I'm not local - both have always impressed me with their approach and professionalism.

I'd suggest arranging to visit both, then deciding which you like the look of best.

G

frazmac
30th Mar 2019, 14:35
I undertook my training and passed my PPL at Prestwick Flight Centre starting in September 2017. I am currently undergoing the IR(R) training. George McNaughton has been my instructor throughout, and I can recommend both George and the Flight Centre.

Happy to answer any questions you may have, just drop me a DM.

flyingryan91
2nd Apr 2019, 15:42
Second it, give Prestwick Flight Centre a call :)

I'm in there a few times a week and happy to have a chat

Fly Through
3rd Apr 2019, 10:18
https://www.prestwickflyingclub.co.uk/#

Great place to learn to fly, very social and can introduce you to life after the PPL with a number of based groups.

ericsson16
1st Feb 2020, 01:05
Looks like the Prestwick Flight Centre has been taken over by Leading Edge at Glasgow.

JoshJ1971
12th Nov 2020, 16:22
Looks like the Prestwick Flight Centre has been taken over by Leading Edge at Glasgow.

Looking at starting lessons for a PPL soon. Does anybody have more info on the prestwick flight centre take over as I cant seem to get in touch with anyone? Not a great start but it is only 15 mins away from where I live. According to their Facebook yearly membership is £210 a year, is that normal for a club?

Forfoxake
12th Nov 2020, 20:53
Looking at starting lessons for a PPL soon. Does anybody have more info on the prestwick flight centre take over as I cant seem to get in touch with anyone? Not a great start but it is only 15 mins away from where I live. According to their Facebook yearly membership is £210 a year, is that normal for a club?

Not sure of the situation at Prestwick Flight Centre but I know many of the pilots at Prestwick Flying Club and they are very friendly.

Suggest you contact the club as follows:

[email protected] 01292 475583
We normally can't answer calls straight away so please leave a message and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.ADDRESSNew Dykes Farm
Shawfarm Road
Prestwick
KA9 1HE