PDA

View Full Version : PPL Training Spain or Crotia

ThornyEIRE
21st Mar 2019, 15:37
Hi all,

I am going undertake my PPL training this summer. I have been reading alot on this forum and doing alot of research. I had initially narrowed it down to three training schools:
EAS in barcelona,
Fly in Spain in Jerez,
Pan Aero in crotia.
After much deliberation and as much as I would love to spend the summer in Barcelona, It makes more sense financially to undertake my training in a shorter period of time than the 3 months required in EAS and so I am now stuck between Jerez and Croatia.
I am from Ireland and so I am leaning towards Jerez as they offer accommodation.
I have emailed both schools and I am currently awaiting feedback.

I am interested in other peoples experiences in either of these schools and what recommendations you may have on any of the following topics:
Living in Crotia/Jerez,
Transportation in Crotia/Jerez,
Cost of living in Crotia/Jerez,
Any hidden additional cost that accumulated during training,
Do I need a PPL starter kit / iPad

Thanks in advance for any feedback, it is greatly appreciated.:)

Jan Olieslagers
21st Mar 2019, 17:59
Welcome to this place, Thorny. Please excuse me a little pun for a beginning: you had better not count on Crotia, that country has yet to be created :)

That said, I am sure you will find Croatia more affordable than Spain, but there's a world of difference between Croatia's coastal region (very very touristic) and the rest of the country. There must however be more options: didn't I recently see a post mentioning two schools in Hungary? That country would be even more affordable for day-to-day living cost. There were good comments about a school in Lithuania, too, but don't ask me where I found them. And I cannot say a word about the quality of tuition, which ought to be your first concern, IMHO.

Two questions for you, the answers might be important in understanding your quest:
* what kind of flying are you going to do once the PPL acquired?
* is the PPL your prime goal, or is it only your stepping stone towards a carreer in paid aviation, perhaps even a full-time job?

tango_kilo
28th Mar 2019, 07:04
There is a thread in this forum about Fly in Spain that also contains a number of (recent) reviews. You may look for ‚Fly in Spain Jerez - personal review PPL training‘ via the search.