PDA

View Full Version : ARAP 2019

Dilbert68
28th Feb 2019, 15:09
Thanks to the GMA for imposing some "improvements" to ARAP 2019. Paying more for the same thing is an improvement? Really?

Great move exempting the trainers from your 10% serviced apartment tax, what other sweeteners are you going to come up with to break the training ban? You know the one that you say really isn't affecting you anyway?

As usual, thanks for nothing.

Apple Tree Yard
28th Feb 2019, 16:29
Typical CX/Swire management technique: say on one hand they want to work together and make "improvements", then with the other hand, devise a policy that will further divide and cause resentment. They will never get it. Anyone who really thinks they want to stay and risk their entire career to the whims of this type of management, good luck to you. There is no future with CX.

1_of_600
28th Feb 2019, 22:24
Thanks to the GMA for imposing some "improvements" to ARAP 2019. Paying more for the same thing is an improvement? Really?

Great move exempting the trainers from your 10% serviced apartment tax, what other sweeteners are you going to come up with to break the training ban? You know the one that you say really isn't affecting you anyway?

Since when does CX GMA set HK tax policy? If that's true, I have many other suggestions to add!

unitedabx
1st Mar 2019, 01:49
"The TB is having little affect", that is the managments official position. Privately, they are ****ting themselves that the AOC will be suspended if they cannot meet the C&T quota required by CAD.( KA trainers don't count as it is a separate AOC). From the guys I have chatted to yesterday, the trainers were not consulted over their preferential housing treatment and this smacks of pure desperation by management to try and hold things together. The TB effect is now in full swing and stunting any expansion plans. Keep it up ladies and gents. Let management eat their words.

mothy1583
1st Mar 2019, 01:53

I've read the GMA announcement and the ARAPA19 document a couple of times and can see no reference to exempting / favouring trainers in either of them (unless you are privy to some dastardly side-letter).

Basically, it's what we have at the moment with changes being:
- 10% contribution for Level 1 rental (currently 8% but Union had negotiated 12% so not as onerous)
- 10% contribution if in Serviced Apartments AND using Level 1 rental (doesn't apply if below RFZ)
- 25 year housing (with negotiated reversions to RFZ/Basic depending on time in scheme)
- NO end date (though can be terminated / amended with 12 months notice)
- Prorated contribution for rents between RFZ and first 10% of Level 1 rents seems to have been dropped (though by their own admission, this saves the company some money)
- NOT tied to any form of Industrial handcuffs / restrictions.

That's all I can find.

Hydrolix
1st Mar 2019, 02:16
Separate email to the trainers

unitedabx
1st Mar 2019, 05:51
I've read the GMA announcement and the ARAPA19 document a couple of times and can see no reference to exempting / favouring trainers in either of them (unless you are privy to some dastardly side-letter).

Basically, it's what we have at the moment with changes being:
- 10% contribution for Level 1 rental (currently 8% but Union had negotiated 12% so not as onerous)
- 10% contribution if in Serviced Apartments AND using Level 1 rental (doesn't apply if below RFZ)
- 25 year housing (with negotiated reversions to RFZ/Basic depending on time in scheme)
- NO end date (though can be terminated / amended with 12 months notice)
- Prorated contribution for rents between RFZ and first 10% of Level 1 rents seems to have been dropped (though by their own admission, this saves the company some money)
- NOT tied to any form of Industrial handcuffs / restrictions.

That's all I can find.

PC sent separate emails to all trainers thanking them for their service and telling them they were exempt from the 10% issue.