PDA

View Full Version : BWPA Fly-in Old Sarum 18/8/02

distaff_beancounter
2nd Aug 2002, 14:37
Right Girls,

Is anyone else going to defie the laws of gravity, & the scepticism of male flyers, & manage to find her way to Old Sarum on the 18th? :)

Whirlybird
2nd Aug 2002, 15:01
Yep, planning on coming in an R22 from Welshpool (or possibly Halfpenny Green), and possibly bringing ariel, who isn't a member yet, but I'm working on her. If she can't make it, I'll have a spare seat; any offers?

distaff beancounter - I'm trying to work out who you are. :confused:

distaff_beancounter
2nd Aug 2002, 15:06
distaff beancounter - I'm trying to work out who you are
That's the question I have been asking myself, for more decades than I care to admit! :D

PS I will probably be in an AG5B from Elstree, with another BWPA member, who I have not managed to get hooked on PPRuNe, YET:)

PFLsAgain
2nd Aug 2002, 15:13
Sadly not. I'll be manning (womanning??) the gates at the Sleap airshow.

Anyone up for the flour bombing contest on the 17th?

AerBabe
2nd Aug 2002, 16:04
Unfortunately got other plans for next weekend :( Hopefully make it along to a BWPA get together before the end of the year though. What's the next event?

Whirlybird
2nd Aug 2002, 20:22
Aerbabe,

I have a list of West Midlands BWPA meetings, which are probably closer to you than they are to me; let me know if you want it. Otherwise the next thing that I can think of is the AGM at Cosford on 12th October.

PFL,

If the weather's too bad to go to Old Sarum I'll be going to Sleap. Might see you there - if we can recognise each other. :D

PFLsAgain
5th Aug 2002, 09:39
Just ask for the woman with the yellow TVR. Far more people know my car than know my name! :rolleyes:

BTW, there's a friends and family day on Sat. 17th. It's free to anyone who wants to go along, and is essentially a preview day. A lot of display practices will be going on, so there'll be plenty to see. There's also the infamous flour bombing competition. One of my passengers is currently trying to make a portable bomb aiming sight for a C172 :D