PDA

View Full Version : Inter EU State Transfer of PPL/LAPL Training.

justmaybe
18th Feb 2019, 15:21
Anyone with actual experience of the mechanics/process of accepting training conducted in another EU State/non UK ATO/DTO and non-uk issued part med cert?

Duchess_Driver
18th Feb 2019, 18:53
What’s your problem?

justmaybe
18th Feb 2019, 19:04
DD. Just wondering if there is any more formality other than requesting training file from trg provider and SOLI, or whether any requirement to channel through NAA etc?

Whopity
18th Feb 2019, 22:28
All you require are the relevant Course Completion Certificates for each item. A copy of the Organisations Authorisation my be required in some cases. I am told that the IAA will no longer accept a UK Theory Certificate so there may be differences between States.

Duchess_Driver
19th Feb 2019, 00:01
Just get training records transferred and, as Whopity says, a copy of their ATO approval. If logbook is certified as well so much the better. Don’t even need to SOLI. You can apply to/notify the appropriate CA for a test, submit their paperwork and Robert should be your mothers brother.

I am told that the IAA will no longer accept a UK Theory Certificate

Correct. Has been that way for a while now - heard two possible explanations - that the U.K. CAA would not confirm the validity of the examination papers or IAA not being happy that the 100hr TK requirement was being met even though the AltMoc I was searching for is in place.

A level playing field indeed.

BEagle
19th Feb 2019, 08:32
It was the antics of the 'theory and guaranteed pass in a day' cheats which led to the non-acceptance of UK PPL exam passes by some EASA MS.

justmaybe
19th Feb 2019, 09:51
Thank you all. Appreciate the support.

Trevor Farmer
19th Feb 2019, 10:21
It was the antics of the 'theory and guaranteed pass in a day' cheats which led to the non-acceptance of UK PPL exam passes by some EASA MS.
You are correct Beagle