PDA

View Full Version : easyJet/AMS questions

Landing_24R
2nd Aug 2002, 10:13
Hi,

I've just booked some tickets on easyJet out of Liverpool for Amsterdam later in the year. I've never travelled with eJ before, previously only having travelled with Go in the low-cost sector. I've also never visited AMS before- can anyone help me out with these questions?

Do easyjet have crew based at AMS? Will the LPL-AMS (and return) be flown by a LPL based crew or an AMS based crew?

Do all easyjet flights operate off the 'D' pier at AMS? Do AMS have runways they specifically use for departures and others for arrivals, or does it change round during the day as in LHR?

Do eJ still use reusable plastic boarding cards? Also, still no allocated seats?

Also, can anyone give me any idea of the proportion of 737-700's based at LPL compared to 737-300's?

Many thanks
Landing_24R

Orangewing
2nd Aug 2002, 11:26
Crew are not based in AMS, we just nightstop there. Your crew will be LPL based, and 99% of the time we use the D pier.
Generally, they do have specific runways for take off and landing i.e when landing on 19R you will use 24 for take off - this does, of course depend on the prevailing wind!
Still plastic boarding cards with no allocated seating, although I understand this might change, now that we have taken over go.
There are now more 700's than 300's at eJ now, so you are more likely to fly on a 700. And the birds are well fit on the LPL crews! :D :D

Landing_24R
4th Aug 2002, 14:49
Thanks Orangewing, much appreciated.

springbok449
4th Aug 2002, 20:39
Trust you to bring up the girls into the subject Orangewing...