PDA

View Full Version : Auster fly-in Eggesford 2/3/4 August

QDMQDMQDM
2nd Aug 2002, 09:05
If you're in the vicinity, pop into Eggesford this weekend. It's the annual Auster club fly-in, which is usually really well attended and not just by Austers. Plus, it's the 30th anniversary of Eggesford, so it's going to be even better.

Friday -- dinner at the Railway Inn, North Tawton.
Saturday -- precision flying competition and barbie on the field in the evening
Sunday -- grand hangar opening

All the time -- lots of oily people talking about aeroplanes and going flying and having a good time.

See you there, maybe.

QDM

LowNSlow
3rd Aug 2002, 04:48
QDMx3 What was it like? I would have loved to attend but I'm too far away right now. :(

QDMQDMQDM
5th Aug 2002, 07:58
It was great -- absolutely stacks of aircraft -- 60-70+ and not just Austers, although there were obviously a lot of them, including the only Mark XI ever built. (Boy, that one's noisy!) One of the Utterly Butterly Stearmans stopped in for fuel on its way to Launceston and gave a little display and dropped in again on the way back. The chaps at Eggesford were flying their just purchased Broussard, which is a lovely aircraft.

The hangar at Eggesford was officially 'opened' yesterday as well by the former Chief Designer at Austers and there must have been 100+ people there for that.

It's a great event and so amazing to see such a thing taking place on what is, essentially, just another hill in Devon. Aviation the way it is meant to be. I hope this kind of thing can continue for a while longer at least in today's world.

See you there next year, LowNSlow?

QDM

LANDAFTERTHEWOT
5th Aug 2002, 16:15
Would like to pass on my thanks to all those that made the weekend such a great time. I arrived on saturday after a two hour flight from SE England to be greeted with a wonderful reception from the organisers. Richard & Paul and all the other locals many thanks for making it such a good weekend.

Great flying was had by all and we all had fun in our departures on Sunday (if you know what I mean???!!!!!).

Can't wait for next year.

Deff of Auster : ' How to convert money into noise and not go very far!'