PDA

View Full Version : Direct Entry A380

captain8
11th Feb 2019, 06:02
I noticed on the career website that EK will accept suitable qualified applications for DEC A380 . I know a former college, now in EK , who was demoted to FO A380 after serving as A330 skipper for several years.
So how can EK now do DEC recruitment for the A380 after previously requiring current upgraders to have a min time on the A380 prior to taking command?

donpizmeov
11th Feb 2019, 06:11
You would be looking at that through fair and reasonable eyes . That may be the problem.

desertcamel
11th Feb 2019, 08:10
I noticed on the career website that EK will accept suitable qualified applications for DEC A380 . I know a former college, now in EK , who was demoted to FO A380 after serving as A330 skipper for several years.
So how can EK now do DEC recruitment for the A380 after previously requiring current upgraders to have a min time on the A380 prior to taking command?

Because they can. No explanation needed.

SOPS
11th Feb 2019, 09:55
You are looking for logic where none exists!!

Airmann
11th Feb 2019, 11:09
What is safe and reasonable is dictated by company requirements, not the other way around. Welcome to aviation in the Middle East.

CaptainProp
11th Feb 2019, 13:12
You would be looking at that through fair and reasonable eyes . That may be the problem.

Haha... :p

I'm sure they'll find lots of "qualified" A320 and B737 pilots from Europe who has never actually left European airspace.

CP

Python27
11th Feb 2019, 13:47

I'm sure they'll find lots of "qualified" A320 and B737 pilots from Europe who has never actually left European airspace.

CP

Flying out of Europe it ain't rocket science actually. You can manage it. There are harder things to deal with than the technical aspect in this lost part of the world ..

joe falchetto 64
11th Feb 2019, 14:45

CP
It seems to me that another one got the “big shiny wide for me “ syndrome.

CaptainProp
11th Feb 2019, 16:17
Joke and sarcasm switch in the off position today or? Completely missing the point.....

CP

LHR Rain
11th Feb 2019, 18:49

So knowing all you do about EK and especially how they treat their pilots and you are still considering a job here?
The hard working FOs get ****e on time and again and this is just the latest example and you would be a contributor to the company culture of misery.
Have you no decency sir?

donpizmeov
11th Feb 2019, 19:25
Play the ball not the man LHR. All the FOs in the company now joined knowing EK hires DEC.

4runner
12th Feb 2019, 03:10
Flying out of Europe it ain't rocket science actually. You can manage it. There are harder things to deal with than the technical aspect in this lost part of the world ..

they were being sarcastic...

LHR Rain
12th Feb 2019, 07:53
Play the ball not the man LHR. All the FOs in the company now joined knowing EK hires DEC.

Just because all the FOs know that EK has hired DECs in the past is no reason for management to hire DECs today. This is just a prime example of what Emirates does to its pilots.
With upgrade times stretching out 6-8 yrs and Dubai getting extremely expensive pilots need the upgrade just to get ends to meet. DECs will slow the upgrade time considerably for absolutely no reason to have them here.
How can the company justify DECs this time around? I know some on this site will say they don’t need to justify their actions but oh they do. With the pilot shortage here it’s high time management started treating us decently. Just look at how many pilots in recent years have left.

greenfields
12th Feb 2019, 11:28
18 years to command.

So join in your 20s and have a Command at a legacy in your 40s. That's ok to everybody but the "NEED IT, DESERVE IT, OWED IT" NOW generation.

And oh, how that impatience is going to bite so many.

If only the level of humility was on par with the level of greed then some would have the ability to listen and avoid the absolutely inevitable words in the future: 'I should have listened."

[And yeah, I know you are in your mid 30s AIMINGHIGH123, so you can't join BA in your 20s, but one would think by now that you had worked out there is more (much more) to life than sitting in the Left seat.]

donpizmeov
12th Feb 2019, 11:35
18yrs to command is still pretty good for a career airline. It's the other types of airlines where they happen faster .

DND delivery
12th Feb 2019, 11:45
18 years to command.

That must be for longhaul. I'm not at BA myself but I've heard from friends there that A320 commands were a lot less than that.

fruitbat
12th Feb 2019, 18:03
Gatwick 320 commands as low as a year in the company for people with the required hours.

ironbutt57
12th Feb 2019, 21:53

CP

yah, like the ones that never left Australian airspace before right?

donpizmeov
13th Feb 2019, 03:19
yah, like the ones that never left Australian airspace before right?

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/620x400/fir_424f19bc4c955f4953a8b40baa4e2e800f990f0c.png
Wow ironbutt. . Thanks for pointing out how huge that is . Anyhow kids .Let's get back to the thread about DECs on the 380 . They have to do an arbitrary 7 months in the RHS first right? Can't see that deterring anyone at all .

ironbutt57
13th Feb 2019, 04:22
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/620x400/fir_424f19bc4c955f4953a8b40baa4e2e800f990f0c.png
Wow ironbutt. . Thanks for pointing out how huge that is . Anyhow kids .Let's get back to the thread about DECs on the 380 . They have to do an arbitrary 7 months in the RHS first right? Can't see that deterring anyone at all .

yah huge empty airspace.....so it might appear a fellow who never "operated outside European airspace" as you put it, might indeed be much more proficient at operating an aircraft than one who operated one in this empty hole..possible??

donpizmeov
13th Feb 2019, 04:38
It was actually a European fella taking the p@ss that said that. Not I old fella . Do try and keep up with the rest of the class .

ReallyAnnoyed
13th Feb 2019, 11:06
The requirements listed for DEC A380 includes 1500 PIC on widebody.

captain8
13th Feb 2019, 15:06
So knowing all you do about EK and especially how they treat their pilots and you are still considering a job here?
The hard working FOs get ****e on time and again and this is just the latest example and you would be a contributor to the company culture of misery.
Have you no decency sir?

plenty of decency thanks. I was simply browsing available jobs. As we all do . I’m an expat as well , we are only a hairs width from being sent home , wherever we work . If things go pear shaped.

Perhaps you sir, as a presumed expat, has taken a position that should have been taken by a locally employed pilot? Should this colour your judgement when deciding on your career choice?

if EK want pilots for the A380, there must be a very good reason to take direct entry captains. Are you sure that you are being held back, as a command qualified FO , from the LHS by your company’s recruitment policy?

Ps. I was just browsing. Don’t loose any sleep over it, you are welcome to your upgrade, EK isn’t my cuppa tea. The A380 is the only attraction.

LHR Rain
13th Feb 2019, 21:06
plenty of decency thanks. I was simply browsing available jobs. As we all do . I’m an expat as well , we are only a hairs width from being sent home , wherever we work . If things go pear shaped.

Perhaps you sir, as a presumed expat, has taken a position that should have been taken by a locally employed pilot? Should this colour your judgement when deciding on your career choice?

if EK want pilots for the A380, there must be a very good reason to take direct entry captains. Are you sure that you are being held back, as a command qualified FO , from the LHS by your company’s recruitment policy?

Ps. I was just browsing. Don’t loose any sleep over it, you are welcome to your upgrade, EK isn’t my cuppa tea. The A380 is the only attraction.

f EK want pilots for the A380, there must be a very good reason to take direct entry captains. Are you sure that you are being held back, as a command qualified FO , from the LHS by your company’s recruitment policy?

Are you sure about this 8? So you're telling us how EK management thinks and acts and takes into account what is best for the pilots? Yeah right. Come on and join.
Let me put it to you and everyone else, THERE IS ABSOULTELY NO REASON FOR DECs, especially now. It just shows you how the company treats its employees. EK is a horrible employer.
I've been in the Left Seat for quite some time but have fun flying with the disadvantaged but highly qualified FOs that you will be displacing. I'm sure as an A-320 domestic operator you will have a lot to offer the above mentioned and long suffering pilots that slave away at Emirates.

Pif Paf
14th Feb 2019, 06:11
I suppose because of the latest news and of course the complete lack of any experience (hoho - being sarcastic if you don't understand it!) within EK they'll be taking on DECs on A350 / A330-900 now!!

SVP in charge of hot gas emissions ought to get a grip and try to keep some of the experience at EK rather than p*ssing everybody off all the time - unlikely to get preference bids now!! Reinstate the seniority in all rostering (request and preferences) then both Capt and FOs might see some benefit in staying! Thats a good place to start!!

glofish
14th Feb 2019, 06:53
The requirements listed for DEC A380 includes 1500 PIC on widebody.
There are most probably hundreds of subcontinental pilots with such creatively enhanced logbooks.
Anyway, this policy will certainly enrich the weekly reports even beyond their actual soap opera editions.

I might apologise ahead of the expected comments for my sarcasm, but honestly, the reading of them is sometimes beyond belief.
No relief expected with such desperate policies.

captain8
17th Feb 2019, 23:47
f I'm sure as an A-320 domestic operator you will have a lot to offer the above mentioned and long suffering pilots that slave away at Emirates.

I doubt I would be able to match your levels of wisdom in the cockpit ;)

Ive flown many types, both domestically and internationally . Boeing and Airbus.
BFD. But hey, believe whatmakes you happy.

I think I will press “ submit application “ on my A380 DEC. It would be nice to see LHR Rain in the coffee shop, we can chat about all your B 777 night Karachi returns 😜

LHR Rain
18th Feb 2019, 02:51
I doubt I would be able to match your levels of wisdom in the cockpit ;)

Ive flown many types, both domestically and internationally . Boeing and Airbus.
BFD. But hey, believe whatmakes you happy.

I think I will press “ submit application “ on my A380 DEC. It would be nice to see LHR Rain in the coffee shop, we can chat about all your B 777 night Karachi returns 😜

Good I'm glad you are applying. You will be a welcome asset and you'll fit right in. I would be glad to meet with you anytime but I'll let the hard working and long suffering FOs welcome you.
I hope I get to fly with you on a ULR, if you pass the assessment.