PDA

View Full Version : This is gold

beached az
8th Feb 2019, 09:51
Expressions of Interest - Pilot Position

Mountain Air Volcanic Flights is seeking expressions of interest from suitable pilots who may be interested in scenic flying around Tongariro National Park.

Minimum Requirements:
NZ CPL.
300 hours total time.
C172 Type Rating. (100 hours C172 significant advantage)
Class 1 Medical.
New Zealand Citizen or Permanant Resident.

Advantages:
C206 type rating.
ATO/CTO Experience.

Training bond required.

We are looking for a mature person with a customer focus and interest in the tourism industry.

As a show of your professionalism please DO NOT send in your CV unless you meet our minimum requirements. Thank you.

Please send your CV’s to [email protected]:

:D:D:D
​​​​​​

flying-spike
8th Feb 2019, 10:40
Don’t worry, they will get applications. Especially if you can get those “type ratings”, even if they do attract a bond! Let me guess, the bond is the deposit on a 172��

Ixixly
8th Feb 2019, 11:58
I don't really see the problem with this advertisement? All seems fairly reasonable to me? Beached_az, I'm curious as to which part you think is unreasonable? Aren't they still doing type ratings on each Aircraft in NZ?

RHSandLovingIt
8th Feb 2019, 19:08
Aren't they still doing type ratings on each Aircraft in NZ?
Correct.

TBH, that ad looks fairly standard (for the current climate)... I don't understand what the fuss is about? :confused:

aaandrogerthat
8th Feb 2019, 20:11
Well established small operator that no doubt works hard to remain viable. I hope they find the right person that does the right thing by them

troppo
9th Feb 2019, 00:42
The hardship allowance for living at National Park may be paid in the sheep of your choice :}

aroa
9th Feb 2019, 04:47
Very spectacular region for joy flight jollies. Could be some interesting trips there due wind and wx !!

Pontius
9th Feb 2019, 06:57
If you are already 'type rated' on a C172, what is the training bond for?

Flyboy1987
9th Feb 2019, 07:26
I’ve seen far worse...in Australia.

A lot has changed in the last 3 years.

NZFlyingKiwi
9th Feb 2019, 18:12
Presumably the training bond is also to cover the 135 operational competency assessment and so forth. Doesn't look unreasonable to me for a small GA operator, especially as in the current climate it isn't unrealistic that a new pilot might jump ship within a month or two to greener pastures.

ElZilcho
10th Feb 2019, 00:37
The add looks pretty standard, depending on what the bond is. However, unless Mountain Air has gotten new owners sometime in the past decade I wouldn’t wish that job upon anyone.

Enjoy mowing the lawns in full uniform during summer ����

beached az
13th Feb 2019, 03:04
I don't really see the problem with this advertisement? All seems fairly reasonable to me? Beached_az, I'm curious as to which part you think is unreasonable? Aren't they still doing type ratings on each Aircraft in NZ?

Fairly reasonable? I would tend to disagree. I don't have an issue with bonding but they already want you type rated and it a single engine piston.

Presumably the training bond is also to cover the 135 operational competency assessment and so forth. Doesn't look unreasonable to me for a small GA operator, especially as in the current climate it isn't unrealistic that a new pilot might jump ship within a month or two to greener pastures.

Always the risk you run when paying minimum wage and getting the lawns mown for free.

27/09
13th Feb 2019, 05:31
The add looks pretty standard, depending on what the bond is. However, unless Mountain Air has gotten new owners sometime in the past decade I wouldn’t wish that job upon anyone.

Enjoy mowing the lawns in full uniform during summer ����
ElZilcho,

Did you ever work there? I suspect not. I know a few people who have worked there over the years and they seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I would think the current owner would be good to work for. Having done similar work a few years ago now, I couldn't think of a better job job for a young guy or girl starting out.

ElZilcho
13th Feb 2019, 07:06
ElZilcho,

Did you ever work there? I suspect not. I know a few people who have worked there over the years and they seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I would think the current owner would be good to work for. Having done similar work a few years ago now, I couldn't think of a better job job for a young guy or girl starting out.

Yes, I have indeed worked for them, hence my comments. Is the flying good? Sure... but you’ll still mow the lawns in uniform, and don’t forget your tie.

-edit-

I should add, my comments are specific to the owners rather than the job. Perhaps it’s been sold since my time and the new climate is much friendlier?

27/09
13th Feb 2019, 08:02
Yes, I have indeed worked for them, hence my comments. Is the flying good? Sure... but you’ll still mow the lawns in uniform, and don’t forget your tie.

-edit-

I should add, my comments are specific to the owners rather than the job. Perhaps it’s been sold since my time and the new climate is much friendlier?
I rather suspect by your statement "specific to the owners" tends to indicate it has indeed been sold since you were there. To my knowledge there is one owner and has been that way for a while now.

ElZilcho
13th Feb 2019, 18:33
I rather suspect by your statement "specific to the owners" tends to indicate it has indeed been sold since you were there. To my knowledge there is one owner and has been that way for a while now.

Used to be owned by a Husband and Wife, along with the Auckland operation to Great Barrier. Been over a decade since I was there so quite possible that it’s changed hands. Possibly when the Auckland operation changed to FlyMySky?