PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Germany

VORTIME
1st Aug 2002, 21:54
Hello,

I am travelling to German next week (InterRailing all over). I hope to do an hour's flying just to expeirance it in another country. I'll be visiting most major cities (Brussells, Dusseldorf, Munich, Berlin, etc). If anyone can recommend a friendly FBO where I can go for an informal flight with an instructor and friend, I'd appreciate it.

If the airport is on a train line, even better.

Any recommendations?

VT

foghorn
2nd Aug 2002, 08:17
Not on your schedule, but there is a friendly little club based on Eindhoven airport, South West Netherlands, called Rainbow Aviation - they have a mainly Cessna fleet and are a bus ride from the station, close to the main passenger terminal. Hire rates are roughly equivalent to UK rates (a tiny bit higher).

There's not a huge amount of other things to do in Eindhoven, so this may be of no use to you...

cheers!
foggy.

Rallye Driver
2nd Aug 2002, 11:43
Try this site

http://www.airspeed.de/index2.htm

It lists the German airfields, and has links to some, where you should be able to get club details. Click on the map in the areas you are visiting. It will display the fields as red dots, which will hopefully have a link to their web site.

RD

caba
2nd Aug 2002, 17:26
Hi VORTIME,

try www.pe-aviation.de

It´s a very small operation at Moenchengladbach Airfield (25km west of DUS) and you can get there by train and bus.
They have two Katanas (approx. 120€/h) and a PA28-181 (approx. 170€/h) for hire.
Very friendly staff, coffee and cake for free and cheaper than most other ops in the area...