PDA

View Full Version : Network Aviation PER

LivingINtheDream
2nd Feb 2019, 06:53
Hi all,

I have an assesment coming up for Network, DEC Fokker 100. I am searching for information regarding rosters, LHS pay, benefits and overall conditions.

Thanks.

betterluckythangood
2nd Feb 2019, 08:09
Hey Mate,

I was able to track down the EBA on the fairwork website - i'm new here so i'm not allowed to post links, you should be able to find it after some googling. I think a captain salary is about 180k.

I'm also very interested in the DEC F100 job but it's a hard company to get much info on. I did manage to speak to one of their captains through a friend of a friend and he seemed very happy working for Network. From what I can tell:

Benefits:
All flying in one timezone = no jet lag
Generally fly out and back in a day = home basically every night
F100 is limited endurance = short sectors, no boredom/DVT!
Security through ownership by the Qantas group
Access to Qantas group staff travel

Drawbacks:
F100 is getting a little long in the tooth (but apparently still a nice jet to fly)
Looks like some very early sign ons (check out the Qantaslink F100 route structure and timings using Webjet)
Mainline QF pilots don't seem to like Network and keep moving the threads to charter because they fear QF management using Network as a wedge tactic in EBA negotiations

That's pretty much all I can give you. I'd be really keen to hear how you find the assessment process.

If you're applying from overseas you might want to look at Pinstripe solutions - the Qantas hiring process does not seem to bear much resemblance to actually being a pilot so you'll need to prep to pass their process - being an experienced pilot in itself might not be enough if it's anything like what i've heard of the QF mainline process.

Cheers!

LivingINtheDream
3rd Feb 2019, 14:15
[QUOTE=betterluckythangood;10378028]Hey Mate,

Thank you very much for the info.

I already did the online assesment and much to my surprise I passed:). I now have to attend a sim session and interview in Perth. I have to say that the online assesment was pretty demanding and you only have one week to prepare for it, there are some online resources you can subscribe to but there is a lot of material to go through and not enough time.

Thanks again for your reply.

TXAus Pilot
25th May 2019, 14:51
Hey Mate, I see that you had an interview with Network scheduled. I Interviewed with them and made it through to the final check and sent in my references. I haven't heard anything back as yet. Have you interviewed and heard something from Network or are you in the same boat? It seems my contact at SHR Network is MIA. Its very frustrating.
Would appreciate any info you could provide.

AussieAviator
12th May 2022, 10:40
Would anyone happen to have a link to the current Network/Qantaslink EBA?