PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Australia Recruitment January 2018 mel,bne,per,syd

miss.jade
21st Jan 2019, 10:44
Hello Everyone

This thread is for everyone applying for cabin crew with VA in January.

I'm applying with Melbourne and so far I've submitted my application on the 3rd jan, got invited for the vid on the 4th jan then invited for an assessment day on the 18th jan. Today 21st I got an email saying ive progressed and they want to do a reference check. I have updated my reference page and will keep everyone informed with my progress. From my knowledge at the assessment day they need to hire 450 new cabin crew staff Australia wide (said by an employee when we chatted) but there is a training school that has just started and they are not sure when the next school will be.

How is everyone else going?

Jackandmo
23rd Jan 2019, 05:16
I’m currently at reference check stage for Sydney base. Have they contacted your referees yet?

We were told that the next Sydney ground school will start on 18th Feb.

miss.jade
23rd Jan 2019, 06:42
I interviewed mid Jan in Brisbane. I have now supplied my swimming info and awaiting information about where to go for my medical, it's been a few days and I am starting to get worried. Have you been for your medical or are you just sitting in the Talent pool too?

They contracted my references 5 days after my interview, so that was yesterday, both my references filled out the questions and submitted it last night so now im just waiting to hear back

filthy rich
24th Jan 2019, 08:42
Hi.. New one here. Just submitted my application for SYD base. I am older 50, gay guy. Wonder if they age discriminate. Working for an airline on the ground. How was the assessment day?

filthy rich
24th Jan 2019, 18:53
Is the assessment day a whole day. Any ideas where this is held in Sydney? Is it CBD or airport? I have only submitted my initial application yesterday just want to know the process. Cheers!!

filthy rich
25th Jan 2019, 10:01
The assessment days are usually around 3 hours (less if you get interview first).
Mine was from 1PM until 4PM at the Melbourne assessment day.
I consisted of:
-1PM- introductions, a bit about the company, expectations etc.
- 2PM - Group activity
- 2:30PM- Everyone was sent into the kitchen area, and each of the 4 recruitment staff called up one person each to do a 10 minute interview.
Once your interview is done, you are free to leave! I would recommend at the very beginning of the day, when they are collecting your resumes, to hand yours in last if you can.
This means its at the top of the pile and you get interview first. I made the mistake of handing my resume first, and was the very last person to be interviewed(about 90 minutes after the first person)
Hope this all made sense! Good luck!

i just got an email to do the video clip. What is the next stage after this if I pass. A bit nervous will think of the recording what to say. How fast will this process? Any ideas?? Many many thanks

Wannabecrew0209
26th Jan 2019, 09:24
i just got an email to do the video clip. What is the next stage after this if I pass. A bit nervous will think of the recording what to say. How fast will this process? Any ideas?? Many many thanks

The next stage is the assessment day!
Don’t stress about the video! It’s definitely the most awkward bit! When recording the video I started off with introducing myself.For why cabin crew? I would mention your love of customer service travel etc. For the why virgin question..its best to look at virgins values and maybe use those! From submitting the video to being invited to an assessment day was about 4 days! The assessment day was held about 2 weeks after the invite! Best of luck with it all :)

Chris29
28th Jan 2019, 12:46
Hey I just submitted a video not long ago too for Brisbane base. I’m so nervous ! Was wondering what the next step would be but glad I found the answer on here. Thanks guys!

jessien
30th Jan 2019, 06:53
I was wondering if they’re extremely strict on tattoos ? If its a ‘ no visible tattoos at all ‘ or ‘ as long as its covered’. I am willing to cover it with makeup and wear the blazer constantly and most likely start lasering it off if given the position

larking
30th Jan 2019, 22:07
Hi guys,
Hoping someone can answer a question for me

I've been to my assessment day and currently in the reference check stage. Wondering if I get a call about ground school then have to submit my swimming competency form? Or do you have to submit it before you are considered for a ground school? Not the greatest swimmer do really need to brush up my skills!
Tia XX

You will probably have to submit your water competency prior to getting an offer, at least that is how the process went for me.
Apparently you will also need to show that you can swim clothed during ground school and climb into a raft wet and clothed.

larking
30th Jan 2019, 22:10
They asked the question at the interview stage (one on one) 'do you have any visible tattoos'. I have a feeling they may be strict on it, but be honest and ask the question if you get through to that stage. All of the assessors were really lovely, not there to judge, just find out what sort of person you are :D

larking
30th Jan 2019, 22:13
Hi Miss Jade. I am now at the Medical Stage. I will be offered a spot in the March 11 Ground School if I passed the medical, completed yesterday. Medical was easy, but at 41 I am obviously not without age related health issues, lol. Can't wait to see the contract come through via email. How is your process going? Cheers Larking

miss.jade
2nd Feb 2019, 10:06
Shortly after the contacted my reference they asked me to do the water competency check. I did that yesterday and today they told me I am now in the transit lounge waiting for a training school opening so getting pretty excited!

for me it went
application-60 sec vid- assessment day- reference check- water competency check-transit lounge

I applied 31st december 2018 and it's now 2nd of feb so getting to the transit lounge has only taking a month it's been quite prompt so far! Hoping a training school opens up for me soon, are u based in Melbourne Larking?

they said I will still have to undergo a medical assesment later

larking
3rd Feb 2019, 18:40
Miss.jade that is amazing, congratulations. I’m really excited for you... I know the feeling. I’m Brisbane based. Apparently the process can take up to 12months that’s why they tell you not to quit your job until you have a contract. I’ve also heard they hold a ‘pool’ of successful candidates so they don’t have to continually recruit. Hopefully some positions open up in Melbourne soon. Did they discuss ground school dates at the interview stage? They did at mine. They said there would be three in the first quarter, but I’ve had word that they are now only doing two. I am really happy for you, it’s a very sort after role. I hope you love the job when you get it and fulfill a dream.

larking
5th Feb 2019, 09:36
I received my contract today... I am sooooo happy!

miss.jade
6th Feb 2019, 09:25
Miss.jade that is amazing, congratulations. I’m really excited for you... I know the feeling. I’m Brisbane based. Apparently the process can take up to 12months that’s why they tell you not to quit your job until you have a contract. I’ve also heard they hold a ‘pool’ of successful candidates so they don’t have to continually recruit. Hopefully some positions open up in Melbourne soon. Did they discuss ground school dates at the interview stage? They did at mine. They said there would be three in the first quarter, but I’ve had word that they are now only doing two. I am really happy for you, it’s a very sort after role. I hope you love the job when you get it and fulfill a dream.

I was contacted today, there is a training school opening in march! im very excited, ive booked the medical assessment for next Wednesday and pending that ill be starting 7/3/18
But a question with the drug and alcohol screening, is it just a urine? (not a fan of needles! haha)
and what else do you have to do in the medical? im not too worried im a fit 24 year old but just curious in what $300 includes and how long it takes lol
do you receive the contract before training school?

at my interview I asked how many training schools in a year and she couldn't answer because it wasn't her department but they are moving quite promptly

larking
6th Feb 2019, 10:49
I was contacted today, there is a training school opening in march! im very excited, ive booked the medical assessment for next Wednesday and pending that ill be starting 7/3/18
But a question with the drug and alcohol screening, is it just a urine? (not a fan of needles! haha)
and what else do you have to do in the medical? im not too worried im a fit 24 year old but just curious in what $300 includes and how long it takes lol
do you receive the contract before training school?

at my interview I asked how many training schools in a year and she couldn't answer because it wasn't her department but they are moving quite promptly

Yay! That’s great. I’m not sure if all of the medicals are the same, but mine was just urine. The whole thing took around half an hour. Don’t stress it’s quite easy, they just make sure you’re functionallly able to perform the job. I received my contract yesterday, so that was about 4 working days after the medical. The information you’ll receive is more than just your contract, you need it prior to your start day. You also get to book a time to have your uniform fitted... it’s getting real now!!!!

miss.jade
8th Feb 2019, 13:21
Woohoo thank for the info
I'm hoping I receive the contract shortly after the medical so I can give work notice because everythings happening so quickly I was expecting to wait months haha. I also heard the CEO is changing in April so curious to see how that will impact the company

I've had to book in my RSA and I guess I need to organise the airport security? Did you have to do the airport security check before or after u signed the contract

larking
8th Feb 2019, 22:50
Woohoo thank for the info
I'm hoping I receive the contract shortly after the medical so I can give work notice because everythings happening so quickly I was expecting to wait months haha. I also heard the CEO is changing in April so curious to see how that will impact the company

I've had to book in my RSA and I guess I need to organise the airport security? Did you have to do the airport security check before or after u signed the contract

If you private message me then maybe we can chat on messenger.

miss.jade
10th Feb 2019, 10:38
Before you start training school the water test is to swim 50 meters and tread water for 3 mins. You get you local pool life guard to sign off a form virgin gives you. You swim in your bathers and can wear goggles if you want.

when you start traning school that's when you do further swimming training

krishell
12th Feb 2019, 00:57
Hi
Just been reading all the threads and hoping to get some help with the info on Sydney training.
I am just onto the swimming certificate and my interview was back in October. I told them I had commitments in January so was unable to do the next training, presuming there would be one straight after that.
However seems like there is nothing planned at the moment for the next training dates.
Does anyone know of any upcoming training dates in Sydney? If so do they mix domestic with regional candidates at the training school? Or is it totally separate?
Also I am about to do my swimming at the pool, does anyone know if you have to do 50 metres dressed at the training school too?
Be great to hear from anyone who is doing the Sydney application procedure.
Good luck

krishell
12th Feb 2019, 00:58
Hi
Do you know if this is for Regional or Domestic in Sydney for the training?
Thanks

flyhighmnl
15th Feb 2019, 19:03
Hi. Do you have an idea when will be the next ground school training for MEL? Thank you!

miss.jade
16th Feb 2019, 04:34
Hi next training school is feb 25th and after that march 7th not sure when the next one is after that but looks like they are running 2 training schools at the same time

flyhighmnl
16th Feb 2019, 08:05
Hi next training school is feb 25th and after that march 7th not sure when the next one is after that but looks like they are running 2 training schools at the same time

Thank you for the reply. Are you done with your medical? I'm at the talent pool right now. Hoping and praying for the progress of my application.

morganmadigan
18th Feb 2019, 19:24
Hey everyone!
I was hoping to get some help from you. I received a call last Monday from Brisbane recruitment asking me to complete my medical and that she would send through the details right away. It’s now been a week and still haven’t received any information. Does anyone have a number I could ring?
Thanks!

Wannabecrew0209
19th Feb 2019, 21:54
Hey everyone!
I was hoping to get some help from you. I received a call last Monday from Brisbane recruitment asking me to complete my medical and that she would send through the details right away. It’s now been a week and still haven’t received any information. Does anyone have a number I could ring?
Thanks!

Hey! Did you end up getting an answer from recruitment?? :)

morganmadigan
19th Feb 2019, 22:44
Hey! Did you end up getting an answer from recruitment?? :)

No, still haven’t heard back. I was thinking of calling head office and asking them?? 😊

krishell
19th Feb 2019, 23:48
I’m currently at reference check stage for Sydney base. Have they contacted your referees yet?

We were told that the next Sydney ground school will start on 18th Feb.

Hi,
have you heard anymore regarding Sydney ground school starting?

Wannabecrew0209
20th Feb 2019, 00:35
No, still haven’t heard back. I was thinking of calling head office and asking them?? 😊

oh no! Yes! Definitely a good idea! You wouldn’t want to miss out on a spot in a school! Let us know how you go! 😊

morganmadigan
20th Feb 2019, 10:34
oh no! Yes! Definitely a good idea! You wouldn’t want to miss out on a spot in a school! Let us know how you go! 😊

I ended up calling head office, who were super helpful and transferred me to the recruitment team. Everything is sorted now! Fingers crossed I still get into ground school on the 11th.
What bass are you?

Wannabecrew0209
20th Feb 2019, 19:41
I ended up calling head office, who were super helpful and transferred me to the recruitment team. Everything is sorted now! Fingers crossed I still get into ground school on the 11th.
What bass are you?

i’ve for Melbourne base! I submitted my water competency a couple of weeks ago and haven’t heard back! Did yours take a while too?

morganmadigan
22nd Feb 2019, 02:38
i’ve for Melbourne base! I submitted my water competency a couple of weeks ago and haven’t heard back! Did yours take a while too?

It took about two weeks to hear back after I submitted my water competency form. Keep me updated with your progress 😊

Kitty14
11th Mar 2019, 05:46
Hello! I was wondering if you had heard anything back yet about training schools? I was added to the talent pool (Melbourne) on Monday after completing the other requirements and am hoping the wait won’t be too long! :) Does anyone have any idea when the next training schools may be?

Wannabecrew0209
11th Mar 2019, 22:53
Hello! I was wondering if you had heard anything back yet about training schools? I was added to the talent pool (Melbourne) on Monday after completing the other requirements and am hoping the wait won’t be too long! :) Does anyone have any idea when the next training schools may be?

No word about training schools as yet! They are currently running 2 at the same time I believe! So thinking it will be at least April/May (if they are running them consecutively). Just a waiting game now I guess!! 😫

CaliRiver
14th Mar 2019, 06:42
I am currently waiting for my reference check to go through. Does anyone know how long do you have to complete your swimming competency test?

Wannabecrew0209
14th Mar 2019, 20:47
I am currently waiting for my reference check to go through. Does anyone know how long do you have to complete your swimming competency test?

i don’t know think there are any specific time restrictions on it! :)

CaliRiver
1st Apr 2019, 08:19
No word about training schools as yet! They are currently running 2 at the same time I believe! So thinking it will be at least April/May (if they are running them consecutively). Just a waiting game now I guess!! 😫

I heard the April ground school is full. There is a ground school on 20th May.

Wannabecrew0209
1st Apr 2019, 21:02

Is that a Melbourne ground school?!?

Kitty14
1st Apr 2019, 21:20

I heard that for Melbourne base there won’t be a new ground school until end of this/start of new financial year. Sounds like at least a few more months of waiting 😢

Emmo132
2nd Apr 2019, 09:20
Hi everyone. I submitted my video just under 4 weeks ago. How long did everyone wait to hear back?
I applied for Melbourne base. Thanks.

CaliRiver
3rd Apr 2019, 00:18

Sorry! This was for Sydney.

Mezz1987
8th Apr 2019, 01:43

Did you hear this from Virgin directly about Sydney ground school dates?
I'm in the Sydney talent pool and been so for a while so wondering if I'm going to be scheduled for the May ground school. The waiting is awful....😔

CaliRiver
10th Apr 2019, 06:44
Did you hear this from Virgin directly about Sydney ground school dates?
I'm in the Sydney talent pool and been so for a while so wondering if I'm going to be scheduled for the May ground school. The waiting is awful....😔

Yep directly! How long have you been in the talent pool for?? I know the waiting is hard 💔😞

Mezz1987
10th Apr 2019, 07:30
Yep directly! How long have you been in the talent pool for?? I know the waiting is hard 💔😞
Interesting as I emailed today and got the generic "we have no training schools in the foreseeable future" and they finished the email with "it can be a 12 month wait". Ive been in the talent pool for over a month. I know that's not that long (from what ive seen on similar threads) but I was surprised by that response when you go told actual dates....hmmmm

MissK
12th Apr 2019, 17:42
Hi.. New one here. Just submitted my application for SYD base. I am older 50, gay guy. Wonder if they age discriminate. Working for an airline on the ground. How was the assessment day?
Did you apply for cabin crew or guest services?

Wannabef
17th Apr 2019, 08:02
Interesting as I emailed today and got the generic "we have no training schools in the foreseeable future" and they finished the email with "it can be a 12 month wait". Ive been in the talent pool for over a month. I know that's not that long (from what ive seen on similar threads) but I was surprised by that response when you go told actual dates....hmmmm

Was I the only one told the 20th of May ground school is being rescheduled until later ... and that they don’t know the date as of yet??

CaliRiver
17th Apr 2019, 22:40
Was I the only one told the 20th of May ground school is being rescheduled until later ... and that they don’t know the date as of yet??

I haven’t been told that? 😬😬 Have you done your medical?

Wannabef
17th Apr 2019, 22:50
[QUOTE=CaliRiver;10450002]

I haven’t been told that? 😬😬 Have you done your medical?[/QUOTE/]

i was meant to complete it this week.

Wannabef
17th Apr 2019, 22:51
I haven’t been told that? 😬😬 Have you done your medical?

then they told me to cancel the appointment

Crewtobe1
18th Apr 2019, 07:55
I had the same notification about the training school that was starting 20th of May. Hopefully it will be rescheduled soon. So looking forward to start training and to start learning the virgin ways!

CaliRiver
18th Apr 2019, 22:20
then they told me to cancel the appointment

Really? I literally just did my medical and have had no call or emails about a cancelled ground school. This was for Sydney base yes?

CaliRiver
18th Apr 2019, 22:23
I had the same notification about the training school that was starting 20th of May. Hopefully it will be rescheduled soon. So looking forward to start training and to start learning the virgin ways!
Did they call or email you? This was the Sydney base yes? I wonder why I haven’t heard anything! 😬😬

krishell
22nd Apr 2019, 07:21
Hi,
I have been waiting a good few months now for Sydney base and was wanting to know if they are planning any training school for regional cabin crew? I am in the talent pool and applied back in October.
Is the May dates for domestic only?

Crewtobe1
22nd Apr 2019, 20:14
Did they call or email you? This was the Sydney base yes? I wonder why I haven’t heard anything! 😬😬

email, could you let us know if your course is still going ahead? Have you had the medical etc.?

CaliRiver
5th Jun 2019, 06:52
Hi All :)
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the next ground school for SYD.

Jetsetterhopeful
7th Jun 2019, 23:45
Hey everyone,

does anyone one know when the next AD will be for bne cc? I applied late March...did the video and now have an interview but don’t know when it will be?

Thanks and and congratulations to everyone with ground school dates!! Must be so exciting 😁🙏✈️

JL90
11th Jun 2019, 10:53
Hi All :)
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the next ground school for SYD.

I'm wondering this too, when did you have your AD?
Does anyone know if more ground schools will be opened in SYD in the new financial year?

Jacinta711
16th Jun 2019, 00:08
Hey everyone,

does anyone one know when the next AD will be for bne cc? I applied late March...did the video and now have an interview but don’t know when it will be?

Thanks and and congratulations to everyone with ground school dates!! Must be so exciting 😁🙏✈️

I am waiting for the assessment day for BNE too ! I applied in late jan and still waiting. Hopefully it’s soon 🙏🏽

Maree Taylor
20th Jun 2019, 21:44
Same for me. Every month have been hoping will get a date for assessment day. Fingers crossed will be soon ��

flyhighmnl
27th Jun 2019, 15:46
Do you have any idea when will be the next ground school training for Cabin Crew Melbourne based? Thank you!

TSC_Eliot
7th Jul 2019, 11:28
Same for me. Every month have been hoping will get a date for assessment day. Fingers crossed will be soon ��
Same here too, applied in mid Feb and still waiting a date for assessment day at Melbourne base. Hope the day will come soon!:}

JL90
8th Jul 2019, 07:11
My friend who is also waiting for a ground school in Sydney called recruitment the other week and they said there has been a recruitment freeze but that may change in the new financial year. I do know Adelaide had a recruitment day at the end of June. So hopefully we will all start hearing something now its the new financial year.

Shal1976
8th Jul 2019, 13:03
Hi miss jade.

Am extremely new to this page.
Just wanted to ask you a few things if that's ok.
I applied 31st march did video and got a email to say I'd be invited to recruitment day..... Still waiting.... Is this normally the case?? How long did you wait to hear from video to recruitment day? Am in Melbourne also.
So sorry to bother you. Many thanks miss jade x

flyhighmnl
11th Jul 2019, 02:13
Hi guys! I have a ground school starting soon! Can anyone give me a run down on the schedule for the weeks?
Also, am not the strongest swimmer and a little nervous about the swimming component- so if anyone could advise whats involved in the water part of this- it'd be much appreciated!! Do you have to do the 50m and treading water again? Thanks so much!

Hi! May I know when is the ground school training and what base? Thank you!

Shal1976
14th Jul 2019, 04:18
Hi Hun. Where are you doing your ground school. Am in Melbourne. I applied in march. Still waiting for a recruitment day. Am not the best swimmer to but you go to a local pool and swim 50 metres and tread for 3 mins

Jetsetterhopeful
15th Jul 2019, 23:00
Hey everyone,

is is anyone else still waiting for an assessment day? I applied in March for bne and I got an email the other week saying they’re having no recruitment days atm due to a backlog of applicants. so hard playing the waiting game!

Thanks and good luck to everyone in ground schools!! You’ve got this 😁

flyhighmnl
25th Jul 2019, 01:51
Does anyone know when is the next ground school training for Melbourne? Thank you!

Mezz1987
27th Aug 2019, 03:42
Anyone heard anything about Sydney ground school dates? Applied in January, AD in February and been in the talent pool since March!!!!
Starting to question if I'll even get a call before my application expires in January (12 months since applying)????

Shal1976
28th Aug 2019, 05:22
Anyone heard anything about Sydney ground school dates? Applied in January, AD in February and been in the talent pool since March!!!!
Starting to question if I'll even get a call before my application expires in January (12 months since applying)????
Wow that's crazy it's nearly been a year for you. My friend has just started ground school last Monday at Melbourne. Apparently with the new financial year out of the way things will start moving again. My other friend did wait up to nine months before getting call for Virgin a few years ago . It's so hard isn't it.. I applied back in march and have only had a email to say it can take 7 weeks or up to 7months. Have you done the recruitment day?

filthy rich
28th Aug 2019, 05:29
Just as a FYI. VA made an announcement today that it will cut 750 jobs and some routes and look at all possible cost cutting measures. So dont think any further cabin crew openings will be the priority at the moment.

Mezz1987
28th Aug 2019, 05:37
Wow that's crazy it's nearly been a year for you. My friend has just started ground school last Monday at Melbourne. Apparently with the new financial year out of the way things will start moving again. My other friend did wait up to nine months before getting call for Virgin a few years ago . It's so hard isn't it.. I applied back in march and have only had a email to say it can take 7 weeks or up to 7months. Have you done the recruitment day?
Yep it's ridiculous, but more so for the lack of information. Yes I had my recruitment day in February so am just waiting to be called for medical and a start date. However, seeing as though there's apparently job cuts it's looking even more unlikely 😔

ABPM
28th Aug 2019, 20:57
Yep it's ridiculous, but more so for the lack of information. Yes I had my recruitment day in February so am just waiting to be called for medical and a start date. However, seeing as though there's apparently job cuts it's looking even more unlikely 😔

It’s really tough not knowing!

I’ve read the job cuts are corporate roles. Cabin crew is a very demanding job with high turnover and they literally can’t fly aircraft without crew, so you never know.

filthy rich
28th Aug 2019, 22:09
They are reviewing all routes and making necessary adjustments where needed. Like HKG going.

Shal1976
16th Sep 2019, 07:08
Hi guys has anyone heard ANYTHING.?!.
​​​​​​Wish we would hear something soon. My friend has 4 days of finishing ground school . His had a wonderful what will be 5 weeks training at Melbourne. All being well we hear something soon 🤞💝

Emmo132
16th Sep 2019, 07:39
Nope! I've been invited to a recruitment day for Melbourne but seeing that they've just had ground school I doubt they'll do another one anytime soon.

frizzann
17th Sep 2019, 01:22
I attended the Tiger recruitment day in Melbourne on 27th August and have had references checked, done my water competency and now waiting for next ground school to be announced... Have no idea when next GS will be! Does anyone know if ground school is just monday to friday or weekends too? Can you wear civilian clothes or have to be business like?

Shal1976
17th Sep 2019, 09:16
Nope! I've been invited to a recruitment day for Melbourne but seeing that they've just had ground school I doubt they'll do another one anytime soon.

Hello 🙂 am still waiting for a recruitment day ,am also in Melbourne .I can't believe it has taken so long. I received a email a few months back to say it can take anything from 7 weeks to 7 months. My friend.who is crew with virgin waited nearly a year a few years back. I wonder how many others are in front of us before we get a chance!! I don't think we will hear anything this side of Christmas now. My friend is about to get his wings on Friday this week. He had people from Adelaide in his group so maybe they have brought others States together Instead of doing each state?! Who knows. It's very hard putting Thing's on hold like hoildays just incase I get called up.

Fingers crossed 🤞❣️

gg_gop
9th Oct 2019, 12:36
Hi there, is there anyone here that has progressed to the reference check stage with Virgin Australia and is still waiting to hear back? It’s been nearly two week since my referees submitted their forms and I still haven’t heard anything back from Virgin yet. Getting a little bit worried about it.

Ps: the assessment day was on September 19th

b.p.b.b.b_598
16th Oct 2019, 11:58
Hi there, is there anyone here that has progressed to the reference check stage with Virgin Australia and is still waiting to hear back? It’s been nearly two weeks since my referees submitted their forms and I still haven’t heard anything back from Virgin yet. Getting a little bit worried about it.

Ps: the assessment day was on September 19th

Hey! I did and I am too 🙂 Check your inbox

Kaiitee
28th Oct 2019, 23:37
Has anyone heard anything about when the next Sydney GS is?

Mezz1987
29th Oct 2019, 07:23
Has anyone heard anything about when the next Sydney GS is?
I emailed them last Monday and they responded by saying that there are no changes to the Sydney 2019 schedule. That being said it is unlikely there will be a ground school this year considering it takes 5-9 weeks and I doubt it would run over Christmas.
How long have you been in the talent pool for? I've been waiting since March 😔

Kaiitee
5th Nov 2019, 05:58
Only a few weeks, I know it can be a super long wait though. I've just accepted a seasonal job offer - hopefully by the time the contracts up I'm in GS!

Ba0105
11th Nov 2019, 10:28
Only a few weeks, I know it can be a super long wait though. I've just accepted a seasonal job offer - hopefully by the time the contracts up I'm in GS!

I received an email today about ground schools being scheduled in January. I expressed interest and received a phone call moments later inviting me to do my medical. Exciting times!!! Anyone else in the same boat ?

Kaiitee
11th Nov 2019, 20:07
I received an email today about ground schools being scheduled in January. I expressed interest and received a phone call moments later inviting me to do my medical. Exciting times!!! Anyone else in the same boat ?

Was that for Sydney?

gg_gop
11th Nov 2019, 20:11

Ba0105 That’s very exciting! When did you have your assessment day?

Mezz1987
11th Nov 2019, 22:05

Yep I got the same email but no phone call as yet. Super pumped as I've been waiting 9 months!!!

Ba0105
12th Nov 2019, 01:03
Was that for Sydney?

Yeh Sydney! There’s apparently 2 ground schools scheduled for January for Sydney base

Ba0105
12th Nov 2019, 01:04
Ba0105 That’s very exciting! When did you have your assessment day?

I applied in Feb and did my assessment day in July. How about you?

gg_gop
18th Nov 2019, 08:24
I applied in Feb and did my assessment day in July. How about you?

I had my assessment day back in September. Did you apply for regional cabin crew as well? Ba0105

Chino Lagdameo
20th Jan 2020, 11:47
Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone attended the assessment day for Sydney this month.

UsernameGoesHere
2nd Feb 2020, 01:47
Does anyone have an idea of when VA will be accepting applications for Perth again?
Thanks

Y2730
25th Feb 2020, 08:17
Does anyone have an idea of when VA will be accepting applications for Perth again?
Thanks
hello any luck yet

UsernameGoesHere
26th Feb 2020, 02:33
hello any luck yet
They're still only accepting applications for the Canberra Regional base.