PDA

View Full Version : Any Kiwis here?

PeterAPS
11th Jan 2019, 10:25
Hi!

Are any ATC from New Zealand on this forum? Looking for contact. Please PM me.

peter

---------------------------------------------------

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Captain Charisma
13th Jan 2019, 04:09
The answer is don't unless you are looking at it as a short-term move so you can get paid while you tour the area. Housing in Auckland is very expensive and even on an ATCO salary you will battle. That is why they had very few takers within the Company.
Also very short staffed, although the Company don't agree - this makes interesting reading. https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2019/01/unprecedented-disruptions-for-air-traffic-services-across-new-zealand.html?fbclid=IwAR1g9hCBCeSzZ1gt6HQCfygB0qcdCCi-oBIuTKHjeDMstFNzo81WhyVmnUs

PeterAPS
13th Jan 2019, 08:07
The answer is don't

Hi!

That's not my plan :) I'll be visiting NZ and I'm wondering if it's possible to arrange a visit to ATC facility to see how this looks like on the opposite side of the world.

Mithster18
25th Jan 2019, 22:13
Where are you intending on visiting? A local tower or the National Radar Centre?

PeterAPS
26th Jan 2019, 09:33
Hi!

NZCH. As I'm radar i would prefer Radar Centre (if still exists there), but both will be the best of course.