PDA

View Full Version : Oh, and by the way...

Amber Vibes
30th Dec 2018, 02:07
Has anyone seen this disingenuous, manipulative drivel? CX is saying they gave you guys CONCESSIONS in exchange for "industrial peace". I wish I could say you can't make this $hit up, but apparently you can...

https://amp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/transport/article/2179991/cathay-pacific-stake-trouble-free-near-future-mooted-deal

It's beyond outrageous. I hope you don't let this go unanswered....

Roy De Kantzow
30th Dec 2018, 02:41
The only pilot union ever to actively want to officially sign its own death wish... my flabber is well and truly gasted.

valhalla634
30th Dec 2018, 07:43
Maybe it doesn’t need to be answered..........probably the article was written by our GC

A320ECAM
30th Dec 2018, 08:45
I see so many threads bashing Emirates and Cathay on here from employees.

If it sucks that much, why are you still working there? Am I one of the few remaining pilots here who loves their job?

Roy De Kantzow
30th Dec 2018, 08:55
I see so many threads bashing Emirates and Cathay on here from employees.

If it sucks that much, why are you still working there? Am I one of the few remaining pilots here who loves their job?

Because, speaking of many at CX, they bitch and moan, but know full well there are very few employers out there who will pay them as much as they do at CX.

I fly with so many here who are unhappy, but are married to the 'money' they get. Sad but true.

Tea time
30th Dec 2018, 10:12
ECAM, I’m glad that you are still happy , the problem arises in that the rest of us see our contracts that we signed up for being degraded and arbitrarily changed on a whim . We are angry and rightly so .
if this deal requires a no strike action it’s obviously got the company worried . There is a very simple fix to the problem ,
1) Abide by the contracts that you signed with your employees
2) Treat your employees with respect
3) Create an employment environment that people enjoy going to work and don’t want to strike
4) Fix the rostering system
5) Give a pay raise as a gesture of goodwill , heaven knows we haven’t had one for a decade or two
6) Produce a proper contract of employment which doesn’t have words such as ordinarily , as may be altered from time to time

cxorcist
31st Dec 2018, 04:06
ECAM, I’m glad that you are still happy , the problem arises in that the rest of us see our contracts that we signed up for being degraded and arbitrarily changed on a whim . We are angry and rightly so .
if this deal requires a no strike action it’s obviously got the company worried . There is a very simple fix to the problem ,
1) Abide by the contracts that you signed with your employees
2) Treat your employees with respect
3) Create an employment environment that people enjoy going to work and don’t want to strike
4) Fix the rostering system
5) Give a pay raise as a gesture of goodwill , heaven knows we haven’t had one for a decade or two
6) Produce a proper contract of employment which doesn’t have words such as ordinarily , as may be altered from time to time

Surely you jest!!! A contract that actually means what it says. An industry standard? How could CX ever make money with such a burden? They need their “ordinarily” and “from time to time” clauses. Otherwise, they might actually be held to their word. Oh, the horror!!!

Flex88
31st Dec 2018, 16:19
Has anyone seen this disingenuous, manipulative drivel? CX is saying they gave you guys CONCESSIONS in exchange for "industrial peace". I wish I could say you can't make this $hit up, but apparently you can...

https://amp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/transport/article/2179991/cathay-pacific-stake-trouble-free-near-future-mooted-deal

It's beyond outrageous. I hope you don't let this go unanswered....

Remember all the "enhancements" they have made to medical, dental, staff travel, housing.......etc. etc... How's that working out for everybody ??