PDA

View Full Version : Holiday reads

TheKentishFledgling
31st Jul 2002, 15:15
It´s coming to the end of my sunny holiday, and I just thought I´d thank the PPRuNers for recommending some super books :)
I second them all, especially, "A Gift of Wings" and "Talk Down".
Also "Aerobatics" by Neil Williams, eh Stik? :p

Flight home on Saturday, will try again for the jumpseat (JMC) but don´t expect much, had no luck whatsoever outbound :(
The cabin crew didn´t like the idea of giving something to the captain, so I´m not sure it even got there!

BUT what is good is that when I get back, I´m going to officially start my PPL, as a belated 15th bday present, which I had out here in Mallorca!
TG Aviation at Manston watch out! I´m hoping to have the first lesson next week, Saturday at the latest. Rest assured, you will all be hearing about it :D (no groans please!)

Cheers,
tKF

treadigraph
31st Jul 2002, 16:11
'Ere, where did you manage to get a copy of "Talk Down" KF?

I've been trying to find it and Brian's other literary feasts for a while: Weatherspoons... er... Waterstones couldn't help (perhaps I should trawl the bookshelves in me local pub) and although Amazon list it, they can't provide it.

Other than that I peruse the second-hand stalls at airshows when I spot 'em:

Treadders::confused:

QDMQDMQDM
31st Jul 2002, 16:24
'Ere, where did you manage to get a copy of "Talk Down" KF?

Stick 'Brian Lecomber' into the search engine at www.abe.com

QDM

FWA NATCA
31st Jul 2002, 16:26
Another good book to read is TRACON by Paul McElroy, you won't be able to put it down once you start reading it. One of the comments by reviewers "Highly Acclaimed for its authenticity, TRACON is an Airline Disaster Waiting to Happen".

ISBN 0-9679963-0-9
Library of Congress Card Number 00-102328

Mike

treadigraph
31st Jul 2002, 16:37
Thanks QDMx3, I thyink I'm just ordering a copy of Talk Down!!!

Top man!

Treadders.

stiknruda
31st Jul 2002, 22:15
tKF

will lend you Prop'head in exchange for your lecomber and Sag Rising, etc in exchange for others.

You've already borrowed the rest of my books!

Al

ps - whose copy of Mew Gull have you been reading, mine, perchance?

TheKentishFledgling
1st Aug 2002, 08:21
Stik: I would lend you them all, but they´re from Kent libraries, and so I´d need them back within three weeks I think. If you want, when you bimble down to Clipgate in the Pushpak )that still on?) I´ll give you the ones you want, and you can post them back or sommat?

I´ve decided to buy Aerobatics with some bday book tokens!

Mew Gull - no, I read it ages ago, another library copy!

Cya soon bud,
tKF