PDA

View Full Version : EASA ratings?

Craftydutchman
21st Dec 2018, 12:46
Hi I'm very new to EASA, coming from ICAO land.
If I have an EASA pilot license from an EASA country, am I allowed to do a turbine rating in another EASA country, and do I submit the paperwork to the state who issued my license OR to the state I did the turbine rating in?

SaulGoodman
22nd Dec 2018, 10:57
Hi I'm very new to EASA, coming from ICAO land.
If I have an EASA pilot license from an EASA country, am I allowed to do a turbine rating in another EASA country, and do I submit the paperwork to the state who issued my license OR to the state I did the turbine rating in?

you submit the paperwork to the license authority of your EASA license. But be aware. Make sure that the examiner is already approved or has the correct paperwork to be approved in due time. You’d better contact your license authority beforehand.

C195
23rd Dec 2018, 06:56
As said, submit your paperwork to your state of licence issue. Some states require a notification is made to them before you do the test, check the EASA examiners handbook if in doubt. Also make sure that you submit a copy of the examiners license/ approval etc with your application, along with the course completion certificate and ATOs approval certificate.

Personally, I think things have got over complicated with the EASA regulations. The different member states still have their own ways of going about things, some being easier to deal with than others.

Craftydutchman
23rd Dec 2018, 08:24
Thanks very much :ok: