PDA

View Full Version : TT271 return to sydney

planedriver
17th Dec 2018, 10:08
16R closed this evening after Tiger returned to Syd and was at T6 for some time.

Any news?

pinkpanther1
17th Dec 2018, 10:27
Apparently a bomb threat. AFP had to respond, I'm guessing hence the delay.

missy
17th Dec 2018, 20:38
16R closed this evening after Tiger returned to Syd and was at T6 for some time.

Any news?
RWY 16R TWY A6

Glorified Dus Briver
17th Dec 2018, 21:11
News reports mentions - Stevie Nicholson said “hundreds of passengers” had “been through hell and not one staff member to help sort out flights or even tell us what happened.”

If that is "going through hell", then god forbid how these people can cope with their lives...

777Nine
18th Dec 2018, 01:46
News reports mentions -

If that is "going through hell", then god forbid how these people can cope with their lives...

If boggles my mind that some travellers make an issue about being inconvenienced and that is more important than their safety and well-being.

jjhews
18th Dec 2018, 02:07
I work for the TT ground handler and every other week this is happening. Any lighthearted or passive comments which can be perceived as a threat are now taken seriously. They were, before, obviously, but things have gotten extra serious. Two weeks ago, before door-close, we offloaded a group of boys' boys with tattoos on their faces making lad jokes, referencing some movie they had watched in which there was a "hijacking". Cabin crew overheard it, then told me, as ground liaison, and we had to inform the Captain. "Get them off," he said, instantly. No hesitation or further enquiry. When the federal police arrived, all passengers in the vicinity refused to make witness statements, saying it was just a joke and wasn't that serious, and that they'd seen the movie the boys were joking about - and also that they couldn't believe the boys were being offloaded over something so trivial.

wheels_down
18th Dec 2018, 03:34
Punters will go rogue because they (Tiger) are screwing everyone around. It’s most certainly getting worse and the whole operation has gone backwards in the last few years.

Tigers operational performance was better under team pommy back in the day compared to what goes on these days. I’ve not seen such unreliability. It’s like the fleet breaks down daily. You just couldn’t fly them expecting to get somewhere on time, been going backwards since some genius thought about fleet changes.

Merren has absolutely no idea. Will someone please drain the swamp...

Icarus2001
18th Dec 2018, 03:55
Bomb threats are soooooo 1970's. Take a good look at the terrorists hits since September 2001. They just blow them up, or attempt to, very few "threats" are made, that is not how they work nowadays. It's not like the days of Entebbe, where you hi-jack an aircraft and demand to be taken to a third country with a list of demands.

KRviator
18th Dec 2018, 04:24
When the federal police arrived, all passengers in the vicinity refused to make witness statements, saying it was just a joke and wasn't that serious, and that they'd seen the movie the boys were joking about - and also that they couldn't believe the boys were being offloaded over something so trivial.Well at least someone had some common sense.

No one in their right mind is going to publicise the fact they have a bomb on board, if they are genuinely out to kill the most people they can, in any event there are far easier ways, and transport methods to choose from.

There is a very substantial difference between a threat or threatening behaviour, and an off-hand comment to a nearby mate that is mis-heard and mis-interpreted by a third party.

JPJP
18th Dec 2018, 04:33
They just blow them up, or attempt to

Ehhhhhh. No.

Agreed that ’They’ are not some drunk bogan using the B word at security. But any crew that’s viewed ‘Five Seconds’ will realize the threat and how quickly it can occur.

dontgive2FACs
18th Dec 2018, 08:08
Hard to comment without actually being present in the moment but I can imagine in most cases that would be an easy decision to offload!

Whether they were joking, plain-stupid, drunk or otherwise the behaviour sounds potentially disruptive and bothersome. None of the other pax should have to suffer it.

If they werent willing to follow instructions on the ground, they are less likely to in the air. In my experience, problems like these often escalate and are much harder to manage in the air.

Crew these days aren’t paid enough to put up with it anyhow.

machtuk
18th Dec 2018, 22:33
The terrorists of days gone by have done their job well, they need never step aboard another plane again for they have instilled terror/fear in every person that has anything to do with flying or indeed any form of transportation! Disruption is the name of their game, they have been very successful in their achievements! We are so paranoid of what lurks in the shadows these days that common sense has long since left the human mind, we are but scared animals caught in the headlights of the terrorists & they know it !
As for Tigers? Well if people only knew what really goes on behind the scenes!