PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus DEP 2019

Pages : 1 [2]

SuperJet
18th Dec 2019, 12:25
Hello all,

Greetings. I'm in the same boat as a lot on this thread. Applied on the "before 18th" intake. Did all the online shenanigans, videos, mathematics, flying through tubes, etc.

Havent heard anything back. No confirmation emails. Noted that the Assessments (should we pass the online filter / cut) will be (start?) on the 13th January apparently.

I have heard in the past that you dont get much notice. Which can be a real pain if you're not local and need to travel.

If anyone does hear back, please do post something on what was said and how they reached you (phone, email, smoke signals, etc).

Good luck to all.

SJ.

TheEdge
19th Dec 2019, 06:14
Sim used was a 737.

737 SIM for selection ?...

ShamrockF
19th Dec 2019, 15:44
737 SIM for selection ?...
Aer Lingus use the 737 sim in Simtech for assessments. If you're Airbus rated they'll use the a320 sim.

Oblivion67
20th Dec 2019, 10:11
If anyone has any indication if those dates (second week in Jan) that they had mentioned on the website might still apply, please let us know. I just remembered that they extended the application deadline which may affect the processing times and subsequently the assessments. I am trying to preempt and plan a little.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

shamrocky
20th Dec 2019, 16:32
Huge increase (double) in applications this year.Only about 10 percent will be invited to the assessment centres. Calls will start next week and continue the following two weeks. Assessments centres take place as advertised in Jan. Good luck to all in the process.

Oblivion67
20th Dec 2019, 20:08
Well that's something.

Appreciate the info, thanks!

WestonFlyer
24th Dec 2019, 08:37
Huge increase (double) in applications this year.Only about 10 percent will be invited to the assessment centres. Calls will start next week and continue the following two weeks. Assessments centres take place as advertised in Jan. Good luck to all in the process.

Thanks for the info!

Happy Christmas and best of luck to everyone in the new year with this.

PositiveGhostrider
27th Dec 2019, 13:27
Got a call today with an invitation for the assessment. Week of 13th of January.

737ng_x
27th Dec 2019, 14:47
Got a call today with an invitation for the assessment. Week of 13th of January.

What is your background please ?

paul_v1
27th Dec 2019, 15:36
me too!! Good luck mate

Adam737
28th Dec 2019, 07:36
me too!! Good luck mate

Great work guys! Was the telephone call an interview as such or did they just invite you straight away?

PositiveGhostrider
28th Dec 2019, 19:58
Invited without further questions. Fresh from flight school, 210 hrs.

WestonFlyer
30th Dec 2019, 08:15
Got the invite for interview in January!

IFLYyouBREATH
30th Dec 2019, 13:35
Did they call in private?

Adam737
31st Dec 2019, 08:03
Has anyone received a rejection email as of yet? I was wondering if they send them out at the same time as the successful calls or if they wait till the end..?

Alpha86
3rd Jan 2020, 13:05
Has anyone heard anything in the last few days?

Eligio
3rd Jan 2020, 13:21
Nothing yet for me.

Guys I am wondering on when you sent the application, I did on the 18th of October 2019. What are your dates? Maybe they are going through applications based on the sending date. Just saying.

Np07xp
3rd Jan 2020, 13:33
Nothing yet for me.

Guys I am wondering on when you sent the application, I did on the 18th of October 2019. What are your dates? Maybe they are going through applications based on the sending date. Just saying.

I did also sent on the 18th and no invitation yet.

Wertytg
3rd Jan 2020, 13:38
Nothing yet for me.

I don't think that's how it works, maybe I'm wrong, maybe when you did the assessment ?
Anyways I sent my application the same day as you and I heard nothing so far

A320LGW
3rd Jan 2020, 15:29
Nothing yet for me.

I applied long after you and received an invitation so don't think it's how it works.

Np07xp
3rd Jan 2020, 20:14
I applied long after you and received an invitation so don't think it's how it works.

Maybe he meant 18th November, which was the deadline fo 1st interview online. I did my 1st interview on the 18th November and haven’t been called yet.

Whiskey Hotel
4th Jan 2020, 08:54
Does anyone know what the sim assessment with aer lingus is like? I know that for Airbus rated pilots they do their assessment in the 320 sim, and non airbus rate pilots are assessed in a 737 sim.

Eligio
4th Jan 2020, 11:48
I was just guessing.

JuliusCaesar
6th Jan 2020, 08:27
How many people (approx.) attend the assessments ?
And do they only call, when you are invited or do they also send e-mail?

Regards

PPRuNeUser0207
6th Jan 2020, 14:32
Any modular fATPL people getting called through?

LightShade
6th Jan 2020, 18:02
Hi community!

Happy new year everyone!
Just sharing some info, hopefully it can shed some light;
I applied on the 11th November, got a call on 3rd January to attend assessment day January, 15th in Dublin (Anyone else?!?)
My understanding is the interview's focus will be on competences base questions as well as CRM.

Background:
fATPL from modular UK school (210h) and MCC.

best of luck everyone!
don't loose your hope yet, they are still calling!

Oblivion67
7th Jan 2020, 08:33
So I see they are calling people with new Fatpl. Good opportunity for them. Best of luck.

Any experienced people get called?

Flying_carpet
7th Jan 2020, 11:19
Any experienced people get called?

Affirm. 4500h on the bus (small and big). Couldn’t make it last year due to their super short notice and had received the “thanks but no thanks” after the 3th postponed date. This time, it fits perfectly in my January roster, just been lucky.

Oblivion67
8th Jan 2020, 10:00
Thanks Flying Carpet! Good luck with it.

Wertytg
8th Jan 2020, 17:07
Any new information, are they going to send a rejection email or anything?

antoniomg
10th Jan 2020, 19:43
Hi everyone!I got a call from an Irish number today, but I wasn't able to answer it. When I called back it went to voice mail, which was full. Can someone confirm that they call from a number ending in 2615?

A320LGW
10th Jan 2020, 19:49
The ending of the number would be meaningless, it would vary depending on exactly who from the team rang you and from which desk. Anyhow if it was aer lingus they will try to ring again or send you an email for sure.

antoniomg
10th Jan 2020, 20:28
Thanks...

I will try to call again tomorrow or on Monday.

ShamrockF
13th Jan 2020, 08:25
Hi everyone!I got a call from an Irish number today, but I wasn't able to answer it. When I called back it went to voice mail, which was full. Can someone confirm that they call from a number ending in 2615?

Yeah that's one of the recruitment numbers. They all start with 01 886.

Honeyman5123
13th Jan 2020, 14:24
Got the call today from the HR team at Aer Lingus to do the assessments on the 23rd. Rejected it nevertheless since I already have a job lined up. Best of luck to everyone.

Wertytg
13th Jan 2020, 14:31
Got the call today from the HR team at Aer Lingus to do the assessments on the 23rd. Rejected it nevertheless since I already have a job lined up. Best of luck to everyone.
Thanks for the info, I guess there is still hope for the ones waiting... Good Luck in your future !

Oblivion67
13th Jan 2020, 14:51
To the guys going through the process today (and the next couple of weeks), any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Coli
13th Jan 2020, 19:07
Hi guys!

I had been invited to the assessment in Dublin in the next weeks and I don't understand how can I obtain a fully completed Garda Vetting Invitation Form.
For the ones that already did it, how can I obtain an AIC Person Number? Do I have to subscribe online or I will receive it via email?

Thanks and good luck!!!

A320LGW
14th Jan 2020, 10:59
Hi guys!

I had been invited to the assessment in Dublin in the next weeks and I don't understand how can I obtain a fully completed Garda Vetting Invitation Form.
For the ones that already did it, how can I obtain an AIC Person Number? Do I have to subscribe online or I will receive it via email?

Thanks and good luck!!!

The invitation form is in the email they sent to you. You just bring that on the day. If successful and you get the job, later on they will send you a link to fill out a DAA online form. When that form is sent to them and they approve it, they will give you an airside badge and your AIC number will be on the badge.

Coli
14th Jan 2020, 11:17
Great!!! Thanks a lot for the help!!!

Cheers!!!

Top_Cap
15th Jan 2020, 20:12
Hi guys!

Still waiting for a call from +35... and wondering about my application' status which shows "Invite to pre selection online test" since November. Did yours change once the on-line assessment completed?

Thanks and good luck to everybody!

Eligio
16th Jan 2020, 13:31
Hi guys!

Still waiting for a call from +35... and wondering about my application' status which shows "Invite to pre selection online test" since November. Did yours change once the on-line assessment completed?

Thanks and good luck to everybody!

mine says the same! Still waiting for the call.

Contact Approach
16th Jan 2020, 22:44
If you haven’t heard then it’s game over I’m afraid.

JuliusCaesar
17th Jan 2020, 07:38

How do you know for sure, if I may ask?

alvocaviat
17th Jan 2020, 09:07
Anyone done interview get called for sim already?

Citationcj2
17th Jan 2020, 09:32

Not really, last time they’ve called people even months after the assessments finished.

It all depends, on requirements, eligible candidates, etc...

Contact Approach
17th Jan 2020, 16:15
How do you know for sure, if I may ask?

I work for Aer Lingus.

Whiskey Hotel
17th Jan 2020, 21:03
I work for Aer Lingus.
can I ask, if you've been to the assessment day and had the hr/tech interview in the afternoon but no sim assessment, is it the end of the road?

shamrocky
18th Jan 2020, 15:04
can I ask, if you've been to the assessment day and had the hr/tech interview in the afternoon but no sim assessment, is it the end of the road?
No but possibly.

Contact Approach
18th Jan 2020, 15:31
The sim assessment isn’t done on the same day. Non rated 320 guys will hear fairly soon. Rated guys will be longer due sim availability.

nightfright
18th Jan 2020, 21:55
Many were being told to go for Sim on the same day whilst many others were advised all slots were taken......

Pimaf
19th Jan 2020, 13:08
Hi everyone, I've been called for the assessment soon, does anyone have any information they want to share regarding the process?
Also do you have details about the TR like where they want you to do it, how much they ask for, if they offer sponsorship, if there's a bond...
Thanks!

papalovesjumbo
20th Jan 2020, 22:32
I guess its a no go for me, Good luck to all others !

lollotheroll
21st Jan 2020, 11:37
Hey guys, anyone still getting called in? I am still waiting, losing hopes :{

Wertytg
21st Jan 2020, 18:00
I guess its a no go for me, Good luck to all others !
Why did you say that? Did they send you a rejection email?

Oblivion67
22nd Jan 2020, 07:08
Didn’t make the cut this time round but congrats to all who made it through.

Can anyone (preferably in the know) confirm that they will more than likely be recruiting again by the summer? Someone mentioned July/August.

Thanks everyone!

Adam737
22nd Jan 2020, 08:02
Didn’t make the cut this time round but congrats to all who made it through.

Can anyone (preferably in the know) confirm that they will more than likely be recruiting again by the summer? Someone mentioned July/August.

Thanks everyone!

Unlucky buddy, can you confirm you received the rejection email or are you assuming rejection due time lapsed?

Asking because I haven’t heard anything yet!

Oblivion67
22nd Jan 2020, 10:11
No email but I think they are finishing this round by Friday so it’s obviously a dead duck.

Contact Approach
24th Jan 2020, 14:45
2500 applied and they only called 240 to interview. If you haven’t heard then try again next time. It’s reopening in summer.

FR95
24th Jan 2020, 17:42
2500 applied and they only called 240 to interview. If you haven’t heard then try again next time. It’s reopening in summer.
And how many got the job?

papalovesjumbo
24th Jan 2020, 21:16
Why did you say that? Did they send you a rejection email?
No I have not received any rejection mail, i don't even think they can reject individually the +2000 people. But I'll try to send an e-mail next week to the recruitment address in order to have a sense of closure. will keep you updated.

shamrocky
25th Jan 2020, 06:32
Round one finished on Friday. They may run another week in the very near future. Reckon it will take them about 4 weeks to process all the results/offers/regrets. A holding pool may be established. A lot depends on delayed NEO delivery dates.

Banana Joe
25th Jan 2020, 08:53
Are they still running another recruitment since this summer?

shamrocky
25th Jan 2020, 11:34
Most definitely - 100%

papalovesjumbo
25th Jan 2020, 13:46
Round one finished on Friday. They may run another week in the very near future. Reckon it will take them about 4 weeks to process all the results/offers/regrets. A holding pool may be established. A lot depends on delayed NEO delivery dates.

How about the renewal of the ir s etc. Do you think they contact to people with -6 months to the expiration of the ir and class 1 medical ??
I am going to renew all by self if i dont have any flying job untill september.

Pimaf
25th Jan 2020, 16:32
I didn't get through either after the interviews, best of luck to everyone else who got to the sim.
Of course like every other company they never tell you what didn't please them. That's really great for self improvement...
They'll open up the positions in the summer for everyone. At least you don't have to wait 1 year to try again.

Oblivion67
25th Jan 2020, 16:57
The recruitment in the summer- will they just call people from this round of applications or will it be a fresh application for everyone I wonder?

Thank you

Pimaf
25th Jan 2020, 18:03
The recruitment in the summer- will they just call people from this round of applications or will it be a fresh application for everyone I wonder?

Thank you
It will be a fresh start.

SAPEG3T
28th Jan 2020, 13:28
So those who have done the interview, has anyone heard anything back (not those taken for a sim slot on the day)?

Seems to just be a waiting game now...

We were told we would get a yes/no message either way.

FlysinTRD
28th Jan 2020, 14:38
I've heard nothing back since I did the assessment day. Has anyone actually received an offer yet that has done the sim assessment? Or has anyone been invited to a sim assessment this week?

WestonFlyer
3rd Feb 2020, 08:36
Did the sim and interview but still waiting. I heard sims were going to run right into end of February and so no answers till end of the month. Who knows?

antoniomg
3rd Feb 2020, 10:29
Did the sim and interview but still waiting. I heard sims were going to run right into end of February and so no answers till end of the month. Who knows?
Hi WestonFlyer.
On the A320 or on the B737?
I'm A320 rated and I've done the group exercise + panel + individual interview, and still waiting for an answer. Fingers crossed🤞

WestonFlyer
4th Feb 2020, 10:23
737 sim. I heard the 320 rated guys have a long wait cause of the sim being rammed at the moment. Fingers crossed man!

Ramses II
4th Feb 2020, 10:32
I just received the "Thanks but no thanks" email.

TheSouthFace
4th Feb 2020, 10:50

Sorry to hear that. What stage of the assessment process did you get too?

Jamesflyer1
4th Feb 2020, 11:28
Same here unsuccessful, will try next time

antoniomg
4th Feb 2020, 11:56
Ramses II and Jamesflyer1, did you went to the assessment in Dublin?

Manny Man
4th Feb 2020, 11:58

Same here. Good luck to all of you.

Daddy Fantastic
4th Feb 2020, 12:24
I just got the thanks but no thanks email......maybe next time.

Jamesflyer1
4th Feb 2020, 12:57
Nope I didn't get any invitations

SAPEG3T
4th Feb 2020, 19:49
I know today that there were people who have been to Dublin assessments that have had the thanks but no thanks message.

I went to an assessment am yet to hear a decision either way. (Like many others by the looks)

320alex
7th Feb 2020, 12:10
type rated a320 and i got a rejection email on the 4th like many others but got a phone call from Dublin today saying it was in error and that a number of rejections had been sent out in error.

jjetson
7th Feb 2020, 12:51
I know today that there were people who have been to Dublin assessments that have had the thanks but no thanks message.

I went to an assessment am yet to hear a decision either way. (Like many others by the looks)

Hey Sapeg3t,
I am suprised by this. Have you spoken to someone who attended the assessment day that has received a rejection email? Has anyone else on this thread heard similar?
I attended the assessment day with no feedback as of yet. We live in hope I guess.

SAPEG3T
7th Feb 2020, 13:04
Im told that there were some accidental PFO letters sent out which were redacted.

I also heard that there were people who have already got the ‘congratulations’ email, which I guess must be from those who are TR’d already.

Most of what I say is rumour... But thats what this site is for, no?:O

320alex
7th Feb 2020, 18:59
i got a PFO email followed by a call a couple of days letter to un-PFO me

Seamusf
7th Feb 2020, 23:33
Im told that there were some accidental PFO letters sent out which were redacted.

I also heard that there were people who have already got the ‘congratulations’ email, which I guess must be from those who are TR’d already.

Most of what I say is rumour... But thats what this site is for, no?:O

I was one of those that got the PFO email which was then retracted. It would be tough to take another one now after further evaluation.

antoniomg
8th Feb 2020, 08:52
type rated a320 and i got a rejection email on the 4th like many others but got a phone call from Dublin today saying it was in error and that a number of rejections had been sent out in error.
Hi 320alex. Have you passed all panels, interviews and Sim?

nightfright
8th Feb 2020, 23:32
A number of PFOs were sent in error who were called to tell them of the error and told they still remain in the process ..... they will then decide and review and update all those in the process

so basically a waiting game

TheSouthFace
9th Feb 2020, 20:23
Does anyone have any idea of how many candidates they are looking to take on this time? (Jan 2020 Assessment)

ShamrockF
10th Feb 2020, 18:44
Does anyone have any idea of how many candidates they are looking to take on this time? (Jan 2020 Assessment)

I heard 100

PPRuNeUser0177
11th Feb 2020, 20:49
Has anyone who made it all the way through to the simulator heard anything back yet ?

nightfright
11th Feb 2020, 22:24
Nothing - I suspect they will be washing up on any any additional invites to the sim - then reviewing files and presenting that for a final sign off from the DFO - which is probably why it’s taking time -

their train set and operational panache 🤤

antoniomg
14th Feb 2020, 13:14
I'm A320 rated. No email since the assessment day...
Has any A320 rated pilot got an invitation to the Sim?

TheSouthFace
20th Feb 2020, 19:00
A few offers out in the past week....
Guessing for those that did the sim and no offer that it would be PFO this time?

Nineshsimbers
21st Feb 2020, 09:55
Hi,

anyone received the contract yet

PPRuNeUser0177
26th Feb 2020, 10:17
Can anyone actually confirm they have received an offer of employment? It seems like there is way too many rumours going round.
Has anyone even heard back after the simulator??

hugmie
27th Feb 2020, 16:27
Tricky situation pal, but not the worst, you have a job in hand and potentially another. Seemingly if you have reached out and they haven't said no it means they havent reached your file or are still deciding.
That being said, take the one you have, the EI process is known to be drawn out. Some people get the good news several months after, rumors tell of one person hearing the good news after almost a year!

Take the offer you have and deal with the EI opportunity when and if it comes up. I know this comes with bonds and other complications, but what else can you do? I've heard they aim to send offers and rejections in about 4 week's time, maybe you can stall the other one somehow.

pedrothepilot
1st Mar 2020, 12:18
Does anyone know an accurate payscale one can expect as an FO? I've seen the one on the job add but any idea on the yearly increments, or what the potential earnings of a 320 FO with a couple of years of service?

cumbrianboy
1st Mar 2020, 16:43
The figures on pilot jobs network are not a million miles away ... they are a few years old and there have been some annual increases but will give you a fair idea.

pedrothepilot
1st Mar 2020, 19:10
Thanks for the info.

Seamusf
4th Mar 2020, 07:15
Myself and 4 others got PFOs yesterday, it’s shame it took them so long to get back to us. All put our lives on hold for nothing

Whiskey Hotel
5th Mar 2020, 07:53
Myself and 4 others got PFOs yesterday, it’s shame it took them so long to get back to us. All put our lives on hold for nothing

Sorry to hear... Had you or any of the four others got to the sim?

Citationcj2
13th Mar 2020, 23:07
Memo came out to staff asking to take annual leave for up to 12 months and part time asap to preserve jobs.

Covid 19 has torn the aviation world.

EIhopeful
13th Dec 2021, 11:43
Anyone got any best guesses as to when Aer Lingus might be recruiting FO's again?

Banana Joe
13th Dec 2021, 14:05
When the Irish Government decides it's worth having an aviation industry.

Oblivion67
25th Apr 2022, 10:16
Hi Guys,

Like to bump this thread and see if anyone has any news?

I heard unofficially possibly recruiting end of this year for summer 2023. Any truth to that? I also heard there will be voluntary redundancies end of this year. Does this make any sense?

Thanks,

O.B

Oblivion67
13th May 2022, 16:32
Buuuuummmmmmppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

A320LGW
14th May 2022, 01:02
They have around 50 in the hold pool from 2019. Currently going through them then expected to hire later in the year for 2023

Oblivion67
14th May 2022, 14:56
Thanks a lot.

Any further info as it surfaces would be great.

Cheers

OB

TheSouthFace
29th Jul 2022, 12:34
Just wondering if anyone else was advised that they were successful in 2020 but did not receive a contract due to C-19?
If anyone is in that position, do you know if a new application would be required or if we are in a hold pool of sort?
Thanks

EIhopeful
29th Aug 2022, 09:03
Has anyone heard anything lately?

A320LGW
29th Aug 2022, 10:52
Last I heard is it was delayed until November now. Others here may have more information.

EIhopeful
29th Aug 2022, 11:01
Thanks A320LGW - Out of interest, did you apply for the 2020 DEP intake and if so did you have any correspondence from AL in relation to that?