PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus DEP 2019

Pages : [1] 2

shamrocky
13th Dec 2018, 17:12
From the EI website.
Only open for two weeks.
Good luck to all.

Over 100 pilot positions available as we expand with new aircraft and routes.We’ve launched our latest pilot recruitment drive, with over 100 direct entry pilot positions available. Positions are open to qualified pilots, who, if successful, will join our flight team for an exciting and rewarding career, flying our modern aircraft, such as the Airbus A320/321 and A330, to over 80 destinations worldwide.

The pilot recruitment drive comes as we continue to expand, having recently announced our ambitious growth strategy that will see our North Atlantic fleet increase from 17 to 30 aircraft by 2023. The growth strategy will see significant investments in guest experience, brand, fleet, network expansion and our people.

Over the coming years, we’ll add the new Airbus A321neo long-range aircraft, giving successful pilots the opportunity to fly the longest-range, single-aisle aircraft in the world when introduced.

We already fly to over 80 destinations worldwide but is continuing to eye new opportunities across the Atlantic and within Europe. This will give successful candidates exciting travel opportunities.

We’ve a strong track record of supporting female pilots, employing twice as many compared with the international airline industry average. We are continuing to make a concerted effort to attract more female pilots and we encourage them to apply for a position to join our team.

Candidates should be highly motivated individuals who are committed to delivering our excellent service and who are tuned into the challenging commercial priorities faced by a value carrier in today’s highly competitive aviation sector.

Successful candidates will be offered a very competitive package, which includes an incremental starting salary and excellent benefits.

Our direct entry pilot application process is now open and will close on Friday, 28th December.

Applicants are invited to apply online via the Aer Lingus careers website

Fadecwithnos
17th Dec 2018, 15:43
I just finished my application.
Who else is going?
Any ideas on time to upgrade to the wide body fleet?

I am currently based in Dublin, 3k hours on the airbus, 500 on the 737.

Good luck to all

Fadecwithnos
17th Dec 2018, 15:48
Any idea regarding the assessment process?

shamrocky
17th Dec 2018, 19:42
Currently approx 2 years to be senior enough to bid for the A330 Long Haul but the NEOLR is coming during the Summer so Long Haul will be available to all.
Same process as last year I heard.

Fadecwithnos
18th Dec 2018, 18:45
Hello Shamrocky.

This will be the first time I apply for Aer Lingus.
Any ideas where I could find any material?

Regarding the upgrade, 2 years doesn't look that bad, any idea on the upgrade time to captain position?

shamrocky
21st Dec 2018, 07:15
I heard from yesterdays roadshow they said its about 7 years at the moment.

daveandg
2nd Jan 2019, 08:41
Anyone any ideas why the application window was extended? Insufficient uptake, or they suffered a technical glitch?

MCDU2
2nd Jan 2019, 11:04
I wouldn't get too hung up on time to command or RHS 330. Its a veritable moveable feast at the moment with all of the recruitment and new aircraft coming online. A lucky few have seen the 330 RHS after just 2 years but the majority in the last while were 4-5 and the average before the "boom" was 6-8. Some people never saw the 330 before command came around.

7 years for command is stretching the truth it a bit. For next summer there are a handful of 330 copilots that would sneak in around that vintage that are going through the upgrade process at the moment or have recently passed the checks. There is something like 30 promotions planned for summer 2019 but the majority would be around the 10 year+ vintage.

Like all seniority based airlines its all about your date of joining.

shamrocky
2nd Jan 2019, 12:04
I agree with MCDU2 but the A320 command positions next year include pilots that joined in 2012 so that brings it to 7 years ish

maverickflyer
3rd Jan 2019, 09:18
Can anybody confirm if they suffered a technical problem or something? When i applied back in December I got this message: due to technical difficulties we were unable to send you a confirmation email at this time. I checked my application status yesterday and it says application received, however, i never got the confirmation email. Thanks!

Burger81
4th Jan 2019, 16:41
Anyone received invite to complete online assements for the first stage of the process?
Many ideas what in entials? The email states about a personality questionnaire as part 1, but just says about assessments related to the role including a short video. I would assume a number of ATPL theory questions, but is there any info as to other assessments & the video?

Cheers

CarlosBustos
4th Jan 2019, 17:19
Got invited for that too, I guess part 2 would be same as Ryanair online assesment?

maverickflyer
6th Jan 2019, 11:51
hi guys, the email doesn't specify if you need a mouse to do the online assessments?. Can anybody confirm if we need one or not? thanks!

Banana Joe
6th Jan 2019, 12:00
It's Cut-E tests and you probably have to do the tube test (you fly through some rotating openings in a tube) and you need a mouse for that.

bowinris
6th Jan 2019, 14:36
Hi guys.
Anyone already did the " Direct Entry Pilots Interviews 2019" video ?
I have done all the tests except this one.

Good luck to you.

pilotsaad
6th Jan 2019, 16:40
Hi guys.
Anyone already did the " Direct Entry Pilots Interviews 2019" video ?
I have done all the tests except this one.

Good luck to you.

I will do all the tests in Wen so can you tell me a little bit about the tests, please? How can I prepare myself and it is coming on?

bowinris
6th Jan 2019, 18:45
Work-related Behaviour (management)
Completed and sentSituational Behaviour
Completed and sentVerbal Reasoning (consumer compact)
Completed and sentReaction Speed
Completed and sentSpatial Orientation
Completed and sentComplex Control
Completed and sentMulti-tasking Capability (avi)
Completed and sentApplied Numeracy (avi)

PendingDirect Entry Pilots Interview 2019

bowinris
6th Jan 2019, 19:01
Just some questions about yourself

Completed and sent Verbal Reasoning (consumer compact)
You can find some examples here ( www. jobtestprep . co . uk/). It was the most difficult test for me.

You will have 2 patterns on your left and right. When they both are identics, you need to press on your space bar

Just need to find your position with a compas and RMI.

missile-game . bwhmather . com

youtube.com/watch?v=wE04ioNINvk

Simple maths test. Check 2piR & pi x R^2 x H

Didn't do it.

hru
7th Jan 2019, 19:24
Hello guys.
Did the assessment yesterday .
First part 240 or so questions (psichological test)
Nothing special just some simple math and cut e test including NDB test , monitoring ability , reaction time .
Video questions.
Describe a situation when you used communications in your everyday life , and helped you . Describe when you felt keen and motivated as a pilot and why .
That's all i can remember . NO ATPL questions whatsoever .
Best of luck !

Burger81
7th Jan 2019, 21:59
Hello guys.
Did the assessment yesterday .
First part 240 or so questions (psichological test)
Nothing special just some simple math and cut e test including NDB test , monitoring ability , reaction time .
Video questions.
Describe a situation when you used communications in your everyday life , and helped you . Describe when you felt keen and motivated as a pilot and why .
That's all i can remember . NO ATPL questions whatsoever .
Best of luck !
Hru,
you mind telling us what your experience is? Experience or low hours? Maybe there are ATPL type questions for low hours/non-commercial experience like the Ryr Cut-e tests?
Thanks

bowinris
7th Jan 2019, 22:13
@smithy175 you need to clear your inbox

------------------------------------------------

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

hru
8th Jan 2019, 04:25
@burger91 204 hours frozen atpl(cpl)

aviator_
8th Jan 2019, 09:05
Done the assessments all as above no ATPL stuff. Didn't do the interview bit yet.

3000hrs 800 on the 320

maverickflyer
8th Jan 2019, 20:16
Hi, could anybody confirm if we need the mouse for the Complex Control Assessment. Is it possible to do it with a laptop's (Mac) touchpad? Thanks!

pilotsaad
8th Jan 2019, 20:50

Completed and sent Verbal Reasoning (consumer compact)
You can find some examples here ( www. jobtestprep . co . uk/). It was the most difficult test for me.

You will have 2 patterns on your left and right. When they both are identics, you need to press on your space bar

Just need to find your position with a compas and RMI.

missile-game . bwhmather . com

youtube.com/watch?v=wE04ioNINvk

Simple maths test. Check 2piR & pi x R^2 x H

Didn't do it.
Hello! Thanks a lot for your interaction and feedback.
Please let me know what are you coming to get in video interview. Regards

aviator_
8th Jan 2019, 20:51
Hi, could anybody confirm if we need the mouse for the Complex Control Assessment. Is it possible to do it with a laptop's (Mac) touchpad? Thanks!

it's not a requirement to have a mouse, personally you will regret not having one as I did it on the mouse pad to a very bad outcome. A lot more crashes than I'd like.

maverickflyer
8th Jan 2019, 21:33
it's not a requirement to have a mouse, personally you will regret not having one as I did it on the mouse pad to a very bad outcome. A lot more crashes than I'd like.
thanks for the reply, I guess I'll have to find a computer with a mouse to do it.

daveandg
9th Jan 2019, 07:55
Call me blunt, but why not just go buy a mouse rather than search for a computer? A basic mouse is say £10, which is a drop in the ocean if it secures you a permanent contract with a legacy carrier, and you can perform the test at home. Or you go find a different computer, possibly in public, and have the constant threat of distraction!

Aviation is all about identifying threats and what you can do to mitigate them!!

maverickflyer
9th Jan 2019, 12:43
Call me blunt, but why not just go buy a mouse rather than search for a computer? A basic mouse is say £10, which is a drop in the ocean if it secures you a permanent contract with a legacy carrier, and you can perform the test at home. Or you go find a different computer, possibly in public, and have the constant threat of distraction!

Aviation is all about identifying threats and what you can do to mitigate them!!

Haha yeah I agree with you, I´ll probably just end up buying a mouse. The problem is a damn Apple mouse costs 60€ or so.

CapitalB
9th Jan 2019, 13:01
Haha yeah I agree with you, I´ll probably just end up buying a mouse. The problem is a damn Apple mouse costs 60€ or so.

why buy an apple mouse? (They’re garbage anyway)
If you wanna be that cheap buy one in a store, do the test and return it! 😂

ItsFull
9th Jan 2019, 13:47
No need for an apple one! mine plug and play wireless on the mac, not even 10 bucks! Works as a charm! Save that money for ur TR or... QUESTION, anybody know if AL is paying for it?

greg765
9th Jan 2019, 14:00
From the Cut-e website:
Basically, you don’t need anything except a computer with a browser and Internet access. Other aids are generally not required. However, for some of the tests it is useful to have a calculator or perhaps pen and paper at hand. Some of the exercises, for example, are made up of various steps, the results of which you might want to jot down so as to make it easier to find the solution in the end. If any kind of aid is required or could be helpful, you will be informed accordingly in the introduction to the test.

For those who already did the test: Is a calculator allowed ?

Thanks ! :)

pilotsaad
9th Jan 2019, 18:56
Hi Guys!
Anybody did the video interview? Please help me if you can because I am coming to do it in the Friday.
Kinds

maverickflyer
9th Jan 2019, 20:02
From the Cut-e website:

For those who already did the test: Is a calculator allowed ?

Thanks ! :)

I only have the interview left. There's one test (normal math problems- i think its called applied numeracy) that requires a calculator and a piece of paper. I also recommend getting a mouse if you don't have one. For those of you that have completed the video interview, did you wear a suit? Im asking this because I'm currently out of base and I don't have suit with me. The closest thing to a suit is my uniform :) Thanks a good luck!

greg765
9th Jan 2019, 21:35
I only have the interview left. There's one test (normal math problems- i think its called applied numeracy) that requires a calculator and a piece of paper. I also recommend getting a mouse if you don't have one. For those of you that have completed the video interview, did you wear a suit? Im asking this because I'm currently out of base and I don't have suit with me. The closest thing to a suit is my uniform :) Thanks a good luck!

Thank you very much for the information ! Then I'll make sure to have a calculator ready :)
I personally plan to wear a suit (I'll take the test and interview tomorrow). Not sure if it is very important though, as I assume they do a kind of "pre-screening" with this first part of the selection. As long as it looks "professional" I think it should be fine !

Best of luck to everyone !

flyingmed
9th Jan 2019, 22:39
QUESTION, anybody know if AL is paying for it?

AL pay for it.

CapitalB
10th Jan 2019, 05:55

I did the usual video interview thing and wore a suit jacket with a white shirt and a tie combined with the classic sweatpants. 😂

if you can just wear a white shirt and maybe a tie or take any sort of labelling your current airline puts on the uniform off and make it look like a normal suit?! From my past experience with recruiters and HR people I wouldn’t recommend doing it without a suit.

dan1165
11th Jan 2019, 12:51
Did the video interview today . 4 questions , 40" to prepare your answer then 1'30" for recording . Basic stuff questions .

Ekkoh
18th Jan 2019, 07:54
Has anyone received feedback?

FLEX65
18th Jan 2019, 12:42
Nothing yet!

AlphaEchoFly
28th Jan 2019, 08:43

FLEX65
28th Jan 2019, 11:12
Does this mean that only successfull applicants have been contacted?

Ekkoh
28th Jan 2019, 11:43
They were conducting interviews last week. I know 2 people who were in on Thursday.

Are you sure? They said that interviews was going to be held 25th of February

Banana Joe
28th Jan 2019, 13:07
Seems so. It's just a matter of days before I will get my PFO email. At least I've got a good job so no biggies. Good luck to the others.

daveandg
28th Jan 2019, 13:50
I wouldn’t get too excited about that sort of thing, can’t imagine AerLingus would advertise that they are running interviews in February then not do it.

If I was a betting man I’d say they probably have just found themselves with a change to their training programme and found some spare training capacity, which is very common at major airlines. Rather than waste capacity they have offered interviews to candidates that can fulfil a need slightly easier (perhaps rated or lots of jet time, that’s sort of thing).

Just me speculating, but I wouldn’t lose heart. Keep preparing yourself, practicing what you think will help with selection, and when that magic call comes you’ll be ready! Dag

FLEX65
28th Jan 2019, 15:49
Did everyone receive a confirmation email after submitting their application?

aviator_
28th Jan 2019, 22:46
Did everyone receive a confirmation email after submitting their application?
I got nothing.

aviator_
28th Jan 2019, 22:48
Does this mean that only successfull applicants have been contacted?
No in the past they do many different assessment days over many months.

aviator_
28th Jan 2019, 22:48
They were conducting interviews last week. I know 2 people who were in on Thursday.
where the 2 people you know type rated?

Daddy Fantastic
30th Jan 2019, 01:24
Any further news on DEP 2019 and has anybody been called?

FLEX65
30th Jan 2019, 15:40
I emailed them today to see what the story was. Figured if guys were being called for interviews like someone mentioned here, that I'd be putting myself out of my misery. Got a reply quite quickly saying "We acknowledge receipt of your application and will update you in due course". Make of that what you will.

I see CAE/Parc and a few others are still advertising for Type Rated guys so maybe there's a constant flow of guys jumping through the hoops.

I'd certainly like to know though because for example somebody mentioned the end of February for assessments and absolutely no way I can make that due work commitments.

I'd love to throw my name in the hat and would hate to think I missed out on the chance long term because I couldn't make the interview etc.

Probably similar to a lot of you guys. Would appreciate any updates as you might get them.

Cheers and good luck to everyone!!!

Did you get a reply straight away? I also emailed 3 days ago but I’ve received nothing.

shamrocky
30th Jan 2019, 20:15
There have been a very limited number of DEP interviews in the past 2 wks to fill a few spaces that were left over from the 2018 process. There are A320 Contractor interviews taking place this/nxt week. There are 5 or 6 full wks of interviews arranged from late February to early April. They are still reviewing thousands of video interviews and tests. Give it two weeks or so and they'll be in touch.

VarigMD11
31st Jan 2019, 06:42
I´ve just been to the assessment as a contractor this week. We were 8 guys and only 1 guy made it to the sim....
The day after only 2 out of 8 made it to the sim. No feed back what so ever as Aer Lingus make the agency call you.

Not impressed to be honest.

obelix360
31st Jan 2019, 14:18
I´ve just been to the assessment as a contractor this week. We were 8 guys and only 1 guy made it to the sim....
The day after only 2 out of 8 made it to the sim. No feed back what so ever as Aer Lingus make the agency call you.

Any info about the process? Tech questions/hr questions,group exercises, sim exercises, etc?
Seems like Wizz air assessments. From 14 candidates a friend told me, only 3-4 went to sim and 1-2 passed.

shamrocky
5th Feb 2019, 21:42
They're still grading thousands of videos and assessments. Invites will start to go out in the next 10 days I believe. They have a big demand for pilots, the roadshow will be to sweep any pilots that didn't apply the last time in to the next process. There'll be a lot of new applicants I'd expect with Norwegian and Germania leading the charge!!

A320LGW
6th Feb 2019, 09:58
Will there be a presentation or is it just an information stand?

a320pilot2017
7th Feb 2019, 06:41
Hi everyone, I have been invited to go to Dublin for the assessment in the 12th of this month. Any ideas as to what to prepare regarding technical stuff? thanks

shamrocky
7th Feb 2019, 14:50
The roadshow is a presentation/q & a for about an hour with HR and Chief Instructors.

Maxfli
9th Feb 2019, 09:07

I understand the rules around contractors supplied by an agency(stipulated by the agency) set out that the agency are the point of contact with the pilot not the airline.
If you applied as an individual rather than through a crew supplier, I think you would have been contacted by AL.

Best wishes in achieving a position of your choice.

peba
12th Feb 2019, 22:40
Hi everyone, I have been invited to go to Dublin for the assessment in the 12th of this month. Any ideas as to what to prepare regarding technical stuff? thanks

How did it go? Any advice? I am waiting for a call.

Flex68
13th Feb 2019, 10:29
Do you think it is over for the assesment of the 25th if we have not yet been called ?

Daddy Fantastic
13th Feb 2019, 23:28
I would say yes but would that does not mean you wont get a call for ongoing interviews at a later date.

shamrocky
13th Feb 2019, 23:44
Nobody has been called for the 25 Feb onwards yet.These invitations will be extended in the coming days.

randomact
14th Feb 2019, 13:08
Is there a payscale available anywhere? Pilotjobsnetwork shows FO starting salary but doesn't give information about how much it goes up each year, which is one of the big advantages over the low cost guys.

How much is a yr 1 FO taking home compared to say a yr 3 fo?

A320LGW
14th Feb 2019, 13:51
From the figures they put up at the presentation on Friday the take home was in the mid 40s for the basic pay + sector pay then on top, 21% pension contribution

randomact
14th Feb 2019, 15:04
Yea I know that, 43k basic about 18k on top I heard, but I'm asking how much it increases each year.

alb92
15th Feb 2019, 16:13
I got invited to the assessment day on the 25th today. In the confirmation email it says successful candidates might be invited to a simulator session on the following day or at a later date. Just wondering if people have actually been invited next day? I need to organize time off work and flights to Dublin. Don't know if I should book next day or not.

Des.Vaisselles
15th Feb 2019, 16:39
I just got invited for the 25th. Anyone has a interview day feedback?*

thx

surfino
15th Feb 2019, 16:50
Is it my idea or are they calling people with experience for this second step assessment ?

Draper145
15th Feb 2019, 16:57
Good evening all!

I’ve just had a voicemail about an invite to an assessment day during the week of the 25th February, unfortunately I’m rostered to fly Monday - Friday and obviously I doubt I can get a leave day on such short notice, does anyone know if they run assessments on the weekend as well? Or if they’d be able to offer a later assessment week? Has anyone else had availability issues and been able to make things work? Many thanks all!

alb92
15th Feb 2019, 17:00
Is it my idea or are they calling people with experience for this second step assessment ?

Are you counting video interview as first step? If so, I've been invited to second stage with no commercial experience.

theaccountant
15th Feb 2019, 17:42
I've been invited for an assesment the 1st March, anyone knows what documents they request to bring?

shamrocky
16th Feb 2019, 16:46
Good evening all!

I’ve just had a voicemail about an invite to an assessment day during the week of the 25th February, unfortunately I’m rostered to fly Monday - Friday and obviously I doubt I can get a leave day on such short notice, does anyone know if they run assessments on the weekend as well? Or if they’d be able to offer a later assessment week? Has anyone else had availability issues and been able to make things work? Many thanks all!

Assessments are only Monday to Friday and run from 0830 to 1700.

aviator_
16th Feb 2019, 20:17
I've been invited for an assesment the 1st March, anyone knows what documents they request to bring?

They should tell you in the email.

shamrocky
16th Feb 2019, 22:40
They should tell you in the email.
Yes the email tells you exactly what to bring.

theaccountant
17th Feb 2019, 11:21
Yes the email tells you exactly what to bring.
OK thank you the HR girl told the will send it nxt week.

Platinum503
17th Feb 2019, 16:55
Do you think it is advisable to book a sim session on an A320 before going to the assessment? Do they expect you to have done this?
I have only ever flown a Boeing in the sim. I was wondering how easy it will be to adapt.

Is it true that you can't really change the speed using the thrust levers like in a Boeing? And that you have to use the speed window and pitch to do so instead?

Thanks

Banana Joe
17th Feb 2019, 18:07
If I had an assessment on the Airbus I would book a sim session. The systems onboard compensate for secondary effects and at first, you might overcontrol.
And that is not true. You can control thrust manually with the thrust levers out of the detent.

cumbrianboy
18th Feb 2019, 09:22
Your assessment may not be in the airbus sim. It’s possible to be in a generic jet sim. Will depends on sim availability.

Either way, I’d always advocate having a practice run before any sim assessment

Platinum503
18th Feb 2019, 16:00
Banana Joe, Cumbrianboy - thanks for your advice :)

Burger81
21st Feb 2019, 01:10
Does anyone have any good feedback who has already attended, or used something along the lines of latestpilotjobs interview prep? There doesn't appear to be an Aer Lingus interview prep on latestpilotjobs database from what i can see.

Thanks in advance

FLEX65
21st Feb 2019, 04:14
I appreciate that people are being called to the next stage of the assessment but has anyone received a ‘thanks but no thank you’ email?

Flex68
21st Feb 2019, 08:11
I have also been Invited for the 25th. I'll be in Dublin on 23rd if some of you are available and want to meet drop a PM.

================================

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

FLEX65
21st Feb 2019, 21:49
:@flex, wondering the same myself. I guess no news is good news for now...
Here’s hoping 🤞

shamrocky
23rd Feb 2019, 07:46
Only about 25% of the assessment centre invitations have gone out so far.

randomact
23rd Feb 2019, 14:51
Shamrocky, you obviously have the inside scoop here. Can new recruits expect to be on / able to bit for the LR flights to the East Coast straight away, or will be there be a waiting period?

shamrocky
24th Feb 2019, 06:51
All new pilots spend 6 months restricted to certain operations etc. Following this time there is week of probationary checks and after this all restrctions including flying Transatlantic are lifted.

randomact
25th Feb 2019, 12:31
Thanks for the information.

Daddy Fantastic
25th Feb 2019, 22:09
Any further updates regarding interview slots, people called, any TBNT emails?

MightyDucks
26th Feb 2019, 13:22
All new pilots spend 6 months restricted to certain operations etc. Following this time there is week of probationary checks and after this all restrctions including flying Transatlantic are lifted.

I can confirm this is rubbish

SpainHire
26th Feb 2019, 16:08

You actually have not got a clue what you're talking about. As someone who was at the assessment only yesterday, Karl from Aer Lingus specifically mentioned about the 6 months restriction on european ops before any transatlantic. After 6 months, as he put it in his words, "the restriction is lifted and you are open to fly all our routes, including transatlantic"

shamrocky
26th Feb 2019, 17:01
With all due respect MightyDucks, this is not rubbish.
When the NEO arrives, Restricted RF Pilots will not be able to fly the NEO across the Atlantic until their RF is lifted following New Pilot Assessments.

SGSflyer
1st Mar 2019, 08:15
Anyone who has been to the assessment day got any feedback?

Fiddler50
1st Mar 2019, 09:36
Has anyone that attended the Recruitment Day two weeks ago, that submitted a 'Speculative Application', NOT received an invite for assessment yet?

Kaneapua
1st Mar 2019, 13:23
Did anyone who was at the assessment yesterday get called for the sim or had a phone call with an invite? I did the interview but didn’t hear anything after it. Nice to meet everyone.

daveandg
2nd Mar 2019, 14:39
Anyone on the May 27th start date? Just trying to work out what people’s plans are for accommodations etc

Alrosa
2nd Mar 2019, 15:19
When did you do the Sim daveandg - and did they call you with an offer or email you ? Cheers

Daddy Fantastic
3rd Mar 2019, 01:16
Any experienced guys with 5000 hours (over 2000 jet hours) plus waiting on an interview invite? (hopefully)
Does anybody know if they are just looking at cadets and low timers at present?

daveandg
3rd Mar 2019, 04:26
When did you do the Sim daveandg - and did they call you with an offer or email you ? Cheers

Forgive me for being a touch vague, but it was the tail end of January and the offer was made by telephone a couple of weeks later. Don’t worry, I haven’t had a super speedy offer from the group that went through this week!! I’m sure you’re all still in the fight; from the numbers being recruited and the number of pilots they have, this is a monster recruitment drive. Dag

Alrosa
3rd Mar 2019, 16:27
Forgive me for being a touch vague, but it was the tail end of January and the offer was made by telephone a couple of weeks later. Don’t worry, I haven’t had a super speedy offer from the group that went through this week!! I’m sure you’re all still in the fight; from the numbers being recruited and the number of pilots they have, this is a monster recruitment drive. Dag

Makes sense - thanks, and congrats :ok:

Alrosa
8th Mar 2019, 09:10
Could anyone in the know advise how long it takes for AL to get back once the sim element is complete? I’ve seen anything from a few days to a few months.

Cheers

BuzzLightyear18
8th Mar 2019, 12:58
Could anyone in the know advise how long it takes for AL to get back once the sim element is complete? I’ve seen anything from a few days to a few months.

Cheers

Hi, when did you complete sim assessment? During the main assessments?

shamrocky
8th Mar 2019, 16:36

Cheers

It totally depends. Worst case would be about 8 weeks.

Alrosa
8th Mar 2019, 18:41
Hi, when did you complete sim assessment? During the main assessments?

I don’t want to give too much away as I’d prefer to remain anonymous , but I was called up about a week after the assessment for the sim...

Thanks Shamrocky, appreciate the reply.

FLEX65
9th Mar 2019, 11:17
I still haven't received any correspondence since submitting my video interview/online assessment in January. I am optimistically hoping 'no news =good news'.
Has anyone received the dreaded rejection email/phonecall?

Daddy Fantastic
11th Mar 2019, 18:54
I still haven't received any correspondence since submitting my video interview/online assessment in January. I am optimistically hoping 'no news =good news'.
Has anyone received the dreaded rejection email/phonecall?

I’m in the same boat. No reply or rejection yet but submitted the video interview on about January 8. I’m thinking of emailing them to see if I’m being considered still however I’m not sure if that is a good idea.

Im presuming they still have a lot of CVs to get thru as well as video interviews and to maybe just be patient.

Are they looking at cadets first, then experienced guys etc?

Has anybody else waited a while then emailed them and got a response?

shamrocky
11th Mar 2019, 21:34
All applications will be dealt with over the next 2 weeks I understand.

Daddy Fantastic
13th Mar 2019, 21:51
Any further news from anybody? Any invites, rejections, busted sims and so forth?

Daddy Fantastic
15th Mar 2019, 21:06
Anyone.....

appfo09
16th Mar 2019, 09:49
Learn to be more patient. Aviation Industry works like that! Apply for other airlines in the meantime. Remain optimist and open-minded! :)

Banana Joe
16th Mar 2019, 10:28
No news is good news indeed. I applied in December and did the cut-e test somewhere in January and a week ago I was called to be invited either this week or next week. I had to turn it down, but be patient!:)

Daddy Fantastic
16th Mar 2019, 14:57
Learn to be more patient. Aviation Industry works like that! Apply for other airlines in the meantime. Remain optimist and open-minded! :)

Stop preaching!!

shamrocky
16th Mar 2019, 17:32
All applications will know their outcomes by April 10th.
A new larger recruitment campaign will open in July for courses in 2020.
Sham

SpainHire
16th Mar 2019, 17:34
All applications will know their outcomes by April 10th.
A new larger recruitment campaign will open in July for courses in 2020.
Sham
If a candidate was assessed in the first week of Feb 25th, and not yet called for simulator. Is it safe to assume he/she isn't selected?

shamrocky
16th Mar 2019, 17:38
No. The way EI work is that they take everything back to base and forensically review everything they have on every candidate.
That review will start on Monday week I'm told.

SpainHire
16th Mar 2019, 17:58
No. The way EI work is that they take everything back to base and forensically review everything they have on every candidate.
That review will start on Monday week I'm told.
I understand, I was just curious as there's a fair few people on LinkedIn currently celebrating being offered the job, or starting their type rating within the next week or so (which seems to contradict what we've been told)

Thanks for your quick reply btw!

shamrocky
18th Mar 2019, 08:42
They had a few holes to fill in courses so some early offers were made to suitable candidates.

3RDi
19th Mar 2019, 10:16
They had a few holes to fill in courses so some early offers were made to suitable candidates.

Sounds like this guy makes stuff up. 50 % accurate (perhaps), 50 % dynamic, based around the facts other users post. But he is at least encouraging.

good luck guys and gals.

Officer Kite
19th Mar 2019, 12:58
Sounds like this guy makes stuff up. 50 % accurate (perhaps), 50 % dynamic, based around the facts other users post. But he is at least encouraging.

good luck guys and gals.

i don't think he is, i attended an open day by them back in feb and they said themselves that they fill earlier courses as slots open and provide earlier offers than anticipated to some people etc etc, the situation is very fluid

SpainHire
19th Mar 2019, 13:06
i don't think he is, i attended an open day by them back in feb and they said themselves that they fill earlier courses as slots open and provide earlier offers than anticipated to some people etc etc, the situation is very fluid

It's just strange and I asked about it as there are a number of people who had posted filling these supposed holes a week or two before they even conducted any assessments. Some kind of preferential selection? One has been quite candid in his blogging about how he did not even need to attend a selection - just a cursory interview (pictures and all!)

daveandg
22nd Mar 2019, 08:54
SpainHire what was the blog?

SpainHire
22nd Mar 2019, 11:22
Waiting to give Shamrocky a chance to reply before posting anything

randomact
22nd Mar 2019, 13:22
Shamrocky already addressed this a few pages up, there were a few spaces left from last years intake that still needed to be filled. These candidates were brought in quickly before the current assessment days took place.
It's quite obvious Shamrocky is involved in the recruitment process and isn't making things up.

SpainHire
22nd Mar 2019, 16:29
Shamrocky did not address anyone being allowed to skip the full selection process due to a preferential hiring process... whereby it was only an interview.

randomact
23rd Mar 2019, 11:52
In all fairness they are entitled to carry out the process however they like. If they need to fast-track some candidates in order to save time and fill spaces quickly then I don't see the problem. There could be a number of reasons such as great previous experience, military background, or having already been involved in the assessment day process last year. If anything, your friend on linkdin should have more common sense.

shamrocky
23rd Mar 2019, 12:45
Not sure why or if that was the case but as stated it's EIs decision on how they recruit. I heard they had a lot of very high calibre applicants so sorting them all out will take time.

FLEX65
29th Mar 2019, 11:54
PFO email received this morning. Good luck to the rest of you.

Daddy Fantastic
30th Mar 2019, 05:01
As well....got the TBNT...Good luck to the rest.

Flying_carpet
2nd Apr 2019, 10:15
Hi!

I’ve been invited several times to the interview but never been able to make it as they gave me a max of 10 day notice, I cannot do much with a roster already published and 7h away from Dublin. I was in touch several times by email with them. Receive today a “thank you but no thanks” email. Anybody in the same case?

4000h of small and big bus.

Not sure what they expect from us. It’s quite unbelievable that a such airline cannot plan ahead and give more notice. I mean we are all working on shift right? ...

angle_of_defense
2nd Apr 2019, 14:38
Has anyone received good news so far?

shamrocky
3rd Apr 2019, 17:35
Yes. I know 2 that got courses in September.

Alrosa
8th Apr 2019, 10:54

Nothing yet, but hoping we might hear one way or the other soon, as per Shamrocky’s previous info.

Finphel
10th Apr 2019, 12:43
Shamrocky had said everyone would know by the 10th April.. looking bad so. 😣

Alrosa
17th Apr 2019, 14:39
Is anyone still waiting to hear for the outcome of their application ? Cheers

Finphel
18th Apr 2019, 10:38
Is anyone still waiting to hear for the outcome of their application ? Cheers

yes. I haven't heard either way yet. Hopefully there's still a chance.

BoeingLudo737
18th Apr 2019, 15:12
yes. I haven't heard either way yet. Hopefully there's still a chance.

Hey, if you are still looking for a job, have you looked at Easy, Thomas Cook or Ryan?

BuzzLightyear18
1st May 2019, 10:30
Anyone hear anything in the last few weeks?

Thanks,

Buzz

Alrosa
1st May 2019, 10:45
Anyone hear anything in the last few weeks?

Thanks,

Buzz

Nothing. Wondered if Shamrocky or anyone in the know might be able to shed light on when AL might be in a position to get back to people ?

BuzzLightyear18
3rd May 2019, 13:57
It seems that people who were interviewed before the general recruitment drive found out very quickly after assessment but maybe because of the mass numbers in the general drive that it is taking very long and it being summer the recruitment pilots are most likely on the line - Whether they have filled their quota already or it is just taking time is impossible to tell.

angle_of_defense
19th May 2019, 10:35
I got the good news a while ago. Could everyone that passed as well send me an email? Would like to get in touch with you prior to starting the TR.
Best of luck to the people that did not pass. There's still some great opportunities out there!

GREATFEMPILOT
21st May 2019, 08:03
I got the good news a while ago. Could everyone that passed as well send me an email? Would like to get in touch with you prior to starting the TR.
Best of luck to the people that did not pass. There's still some great opportunities out there!

I'm still waiting for a TR slot. They said they mail me until next week.

angle_of_defense
22nd Jun 2019, 13:52
I'm still waiting for a TR slot. They said they mail me until next week.
Did you end up getting a date? I tried sending you a pm a while ago. Feel free to send me an email.

Mattiabarso
11th Jul 2019, 19:07
Did the video interview today . 4 questions , 40" to prepare your answer then 1'30" for recording . Basic stuff questions .
Hello, is there an interviewer or you have only to record the answer?

Balkanhawk
14th Oct 2019, 21:39
New DEP competition just launched today

this is my username
16th Oct 2019, 06:02
Ages back someone posted a link to a free website for practicing the CUT-E "flying through a tube" test - I recall it looked very much like a non-commercial site. I've searched but can't find it - does anyone have a link (or something equivalent?). Thanks.

737ng_x
16th Oct 2019, 08:58
Hey

Check it here :

https://pilotaptitudetest.com/knowledgebase/compass/

Spin Test

Alpha86
16th Oct 2019, 13:54
Does anybody know how many places there will be available this time? Thanks

this is my username
17th Oct 2019, 06:43
Hey

Check it here :

https://pilotaptitudetest.com/knowledgebase/compass/

Spin Test

Thanks - was hoping for something free but that's not a bad place to start!

Hawker400
17th Oct 2019, 07:17
Thanks - was hoping for something free but that's not a bad place to start!

pilotest.co m/fr/lonely_tests (https://*********************/lonely_tests) (just fix the link)

Try this. It's free just auto-translate the page.
For the cut-e I did there vs Ryanair one it's harder for most of them

​​​​

mdt13
21st Oct 2019, 07:33
Hi boys, anyone recently did the online assessment and has some tips on what to expect? It is still cut-e test like Ryanair and video interview? Could someone tell in detail which one are the test and mostly which question you were asked in the online interview??
Thanks a lot to everyone and best of luck guys!

737ng_x
21st Oct 2019, 11:25
Online Assessments usually starts after the deadline, so 31 October

mdt13
21st Oct 2019, 13:36
Online Assessments usually starts after the deadline, so 31 October
I Thought maybe they were doing the online assessment progressively as they receive applications..

cloud_surfing
1st Nov 2019, 09:19
For those who unfortunately got the rejection email, did it state on there the role that you applied for? I'm guessing they don't provide any feedback right?

antoniomg
2nd Nov 2019, 12:06
None here!

Officer Kite
2nd Nov 2019, 15:15
Are people potentially getting confused between the cadet and dep recruitment campaigns? So far there doesn't seem to have been any movement with the dep campaign and applications have been extended till the 7th of Nov.

Cadet wise they have already chosen the successful people if Linkedin is anything to go by, so rejection emails could well be getting sent.

James Ken McIntosh
3rd Nov 2019, 00:50
Are people potentially getting confused between the cadet and dep recruitment campaigns? So far there doesn't seem to have been any movement with the dep campaign and applications have been extended till the 7th of Nov.

Cadet wise they have already chosen the successful people if Linkedin is anything to go by, so rejection emails could well be getting sent.

Extended to the 7th that's unusual isn't it?

Thought they would close it before or just after the 31st?

737ng_x
3rd Nov 2019, 20:14
Maybe cuz not enough people meeting their desired requierements (320 TR + Hours) ?

WestonFlyer
5th Nov 2019, 10:18
Anyone know if there are many in the holding pool?

Scagrams
11th Nov 2019, 15:42
Received online invitation at this exact moment. Funny as I happened to be just opening this thread!

wilco121decimal5
11th Nov 2019, 15:52
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Just got an online assessment invitation too, anyone else in the same position? Does anyone know what to expect?

Good luck to everyone!

737ng_x
11th Nov 2019, 15:55
Same here !

antoniomg
11th Nov 2019, 16:08
Same here.

amighe
11th Nov 2019, 16:12
Same here as well...

Mpilot01
11th Nov 2019, 16:21
Yes just revived mine!

Giak
11th Nov 2019, 16:41
Same here. Any tips for the online assessment ? Thank you

Wertytg
11th Nov 2019, 17:11
Same here!

Eligio
11th Nov 2019, 17:11
Same here!

sergeG
11th Nov 2019, 17:57
Same here ! Any tips for assessment?

helichem
11th Nov 2019, 18:06
The same for me!

Mpilot01
11th Nov 2019, 18:50
Received mine today, will be my first airline assessment so any feedback and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Jamesflyer1
11th Nov 2019, 19:29
Same here just received through my junk mails guys check yours

Ramses II
11th Nov 2019, 19:39
Same here! Any info is welcome!

sergeG
11th Nov 2019, 19:42
Same here! All of you are Type Rated?

Hos lima
11th Nov 2019, 20:10
Same here .

1013hPa
11th Nov 2019, 20:27
Same. Went into Junk email

Adam737
11th Nov 2019, 20:47
Mine was also in junk mail so make sure to check

Adam737
12th Nov 2019, 06:06
Same here! All of you are Type Rated?

No I’m fresh from training

Jamesflyer1
12th Nov 2019, 09:01
I totalize 208 hours of which 32 on MEP aircraft, CPL (A) with IR-ME EASA/IRISH LICENCE
ENGLISH Level 5/ French Level 6 NO UPRT/ NO PBN

what about you guys ?

Eligio
12th Nov 2019, 09:22
I totalize 208 hours of which 32 on MEP aircraft, what about you guys ?

I have 250 hours, of which 53 hours are on MEP aircraft (PA34).

I got CPL(A) with IR-ME (EASA/Italian Licence)
ATPL Theory Average 85 %
MCC Multi Crew Coordination
UPRT Upset Prevention and Recovery Training
I am also ATPL Ground Instructor (EASA Teaching and Learning Course completed)
ICAO English Level 4 (they were requiring Level 5 but they accepted me)
I have an High School Diploma in Aviation Engineering

What about you guys?

amighe
12th Nov 2019, 10:03
Just finished my CPL(A), IR/ME training with 205 hours, of which 12 of ME.
ATPL theory and MCC dove as well.
Don't have any UPRT, that I've discovered just yesterday...

BigMoneyAirman
12th Nov 2019, 13:53
First time posting. I got the email for the online assessment yesterday afternoon. I got about 220 hrs along with PBN and level 6 English. Does anyone know of any good practice sites to use as there are quite a few of them?

amighe
12th Nov 2019, 14:32
I use pilotest, it's a website. You can practice Cut-e test there.

Eric331
12th Nov 2019, 14:53
First time posting. I got the email for the online assessment yesterday afternoon. I got about 220 hrs along with PBN and level 6 English. Does anyone know of any good practice sites to use as there are quite a few of them?
I saw this practice site: jobtestprep.co.uk/aer-lingus-assessment?p. I think it's OK but I'm not 100% sure.

sergeG
12th Nov 2019, 15:31
Hi to all. The first part of online test is 241 questions about your personality,
Did someone the second part of video interview? How many questions and what about?

Eligio
12th Nov 2019, 20:28
First part: 1 test

Questionnaire of 241 questions about your behavior, your life style, how you interact with people and how they interact with you. No time limit, no wrong or right answers just be yourself, being as honest as possible.

Second part: 10 tests

Verbal Reasoning: you are given with different statements about a industry company and you have to say if the statement is true, false, or cannot say. 49 statements, in 12 minutes, of course nobody can complete all 49 in that time limit.

Applied Numeracy: You are given 4 sets of 5 questions divided by topic. First topic is Unit Conversion, second topic is Rules of Three with simple calculation if you know basic formulae of geometry and physics, third topic is Percentage Calculation where you have to calculate percentage, and I don’t remember the fourth topic. You can use non programmable calculator, don’t worry.

Spatial Orientation: Very nice one, didn’t miss one I think. You have a gyro compass and an ADF pointer. The gyro is indicating your heading and the ADF is oriented on the north. You need to understand how the aircraft is oriented in respect to the station. Don’t worry, the heading normally is N S W or E, in order to reflect the 4 choice buttons. Then you have 8 positions around the station and you have to press the one that reflects your position. I think 3 minutes time limit.

Situational Behavior: No time limit, no right or wrong answers. How do you behave in different situations. You must assign dots to the statements.

Work related behavior: No time limit, no right or wrong answer How do you behave in a working environment. Questions about teamwork. With these kind of questionnaire try to be as much as coherent you can be.

Multitasking: Three task to complete at the same time. 5 minutes time limit. You have different figures and if you see a triangle pointing left or right you must press on the left or right arrow respectively. In the meanwhile you have to say if the Mathematical equation Is correct or not and if the sequence of numbers below the equation has any repeating number or not.

Complex Control: Flying through a tunnel with increasing speed. Requires a good mouse and fluidity of the frame rate.

Reaction Time: you are given two figures changing every second. When both figures are the same you need to click. Didn’t miss any actually, 5 minutes time limit.

Logical Reasoning: I think the most difficult one. You have columns and lines with different figures and you need to understand what is the missing figure in the grill. It is like a sudoku but with images.

Video Interview: 5 standard questions, you have one minute preparation time and 3 minutes recording, you can try the recording three times, not more. Questions were like difficult situations to cope, teamwork, priority of tasks.

hope to have been helpful guys!

Flexone
12th Nov 2019, 21:07
Hi guys,
Thanks for the feedback.
I did the online assessment last year.
It was 40 sec preparing and 1min 30 recording.
Who can confirm it is 3 mins recording this year?

It would be interesting as well to share the questions we had during the video interview.
I remember from last year: why pilot? How do you cope with stress? Long term goal? how do you communicate?

;)

PositiveGhostrider
12th Nov 2019, 21:27
Fantastic! Thank you so much & good luck to you!

Top_Cap
12th Nov 2019, 21:34
Well done, Egidio, thanks a lot! :D

It's a cut-e test for the second part of the assessment, right? Would you suggest any site in particular to get prepared?

__
~515 hrs, CPL(A) (EASA-France), IR-SE&ME, PBN, MCC-JOC
Soon-to-be FI(A)
ICAO English Level 5, French Level 6
5yrs Master in Aerospace Engineering

Jamesflyer1
12th Nov 2019, 21:51
Brilliant ! Hope it went well for you, thanks for your feedback

sergeG
13th Nov 2019, 08:00
Thanks for such a good information.

Citationcj2
13th Nov 2019, 08:21
I totalize 208 hours of which 32 on MEP aircraft, CPL (A) with IR-ME EASA/IRISH LICENCE
ENGLISH Level 5/ French Level 6 NO UPRT/ NO PBN

what about you guys ?

Mate I don’t think this thread is for you. This recruitment is for experienced type rated or non type rated first officers with previous airline experience. You need to apply as a cadet and not direct entry

Jamesflyer1
13th Nov 2019, 08:32
Mate I don’t think this thread is for you. This recruitment is for experienced type rated or non type rated first officers with previous airline experience. You need to apply as a cadet and not direct entry

Cadet at Aer lingus is Ab initio, so you start from zero
I applied through the DEP page and I got the online assessment so I don’t think I should apply as a Cadet

Mathilde Saurat
13th Nov 2019, 08:41
[left]Eligio; thank you very much!!!! 👍🏼

sergeG
13th Nov 2019, 08:48
It seems to be the same pool

IFLYyouBREATH
13th Nov 2019, 09:07
When did the guys from DEP 2018 start the Type Rating?

Eligio
13th Nov 2019, 09:13

Previous experience is preferred but not required, I just came out from my ATO and they accepted my application. So Cadet is only for ab initio.

BigMoneyAirman
13th Nov 2019, 09:32
Yeah I can't find many reviews on it unfortunately. But the one that amighe mentioned is free and looks pretty solid

Citationcj2
13th Nov 2019, 11:36
Previous experience is preferred but not required, I just came out from my ATO and they accepted my application. So Cadet is only for ab initio.
I see your point, but if you look at the application criteria for direct entry, it says previous Multi Crew experience or 500hr+, hence its called Direct Entry Recruitment

Scagrams
13th Nov 2019, 11:44
I see your point, but if you look at the application criteria for direct entry, it says previous Multi Crew experience or 500hr+, hence its called Direct Entry Recruitment
Well to be actually quite precise on that, it's under "desirable criteria" and not "essential criteria", thus these kind of profile still stand a chance.
However, realistically speaking, they'll probably have enough applicants with higher experience anyhow. We shall see.

Personally got multi crew experience, A320 TR with a couple hundred hours on type....
Reckon we'll hear back by the beginning of next month? Assessments in Dublin to start 2nd week of January

Eligio
13th Nov 2019, 14:41
Well done, Egidio, thanks a lot! :D

It's a cut-e test for the second part of the assessment, right? Would you suggest any site in particular to get prepared?

__
~515 hrs, CPL(A) (EASA-France), IR-SE&ME, PBN, MCC-JOC
Soon-to-be FI(A)
ICAO English Level 5, French Level 6
5yrs Master in Aerospace Engineering

Yes it is. I don’t know any website, I have just performed the tests without any preparation. I think it’s the best thing to do.

Hawker400
14th Nov 2019, 08:44
I know one guy who used this website https://airlineassessmentprep.com/cut-e-tests-and-assessments/ and told me that it helped him a lot as all the exercices were pretty much the same.

I did the assessment today. It's basically what you see in that link. Always worth to have a few practice sessions.
Also doubles up as good practice for Ryanair as it's the same, just no math
​​​​​​

​​​​​​

vp89
14th Nov 2019, 12:47
Guys and girls,
What are interview questions? Look forward to hearing from you

Wertytg
14th Nov 2019, 16:03
First part: 1 test

Questionnaire of 241 questions about your behavior, your life style, how you interact with people and how they interact with you. No time limit, no wrong or right answers just be yourself, being as honest as possible.

Second part: 10 tests

Verbal Reasoning: you are given with different statements about a industry company and you have to say if the statement is true, false, or cannot say. 49 statements, in 12 minutes, of course nobody can complete all 49 in that time limit.

Applied Numeracy: You are given 4 sets of 5 questions divided by topic. First topic is Unit Conversion, second topic is Rules of Three with simple calculation if you know basic formulae of geometry and physics, third topic is Percentage Calculation where you have to calculate percentage, and I don’t remember the fourth topic. You can use non programmable calculator, don’t worry.

Spatial Orientation: Very nice one, didn’t miss one I think. You have a gyro compass and an ADF pointer. The gyro is indicating your heading and the ADF is oriented on the north. You need to understand how the aircraft is oriented in respect to the station. Don’t worry, the heading normally is N S W or E, in order to reflect the 4 choice buttons. Then you have 8 positions around the station and you have to press the one that reflects your position. I think 3 minutes time limit.

Situational Behavior: No time limit, no right or wrong answers. How do you behave in different situations. You must assign dots to the statements.

Work related behavior: No time limit, no right or wrong answer How do you behave in a working environment. Questions about teamwork. With these kind of questionnaire try to be as much as coherent you can be.

Multitasking: Three task to complete at the same time. 5 minutes time limit. You have different figures and if you see a triangle pointing left or right you must press on the left or right arrow respectively. In the meanwhile you have to say if the Mathematical equation Is correct or not and if the sequence of numbers below the equation has any repeating number or not.

Complex Control: Flying through a tunnel with increasing speed. Requires a good mouse and fluidity of the frame rate.

Reaction Time: you are given two figures changing every second. When both figures are the same you need to click. Didn’t miss any actually, 5 minutes time limit.

Logical Reasoning: I think the most difficult one. You have columns and lines with different figures and you need to understand what is the missing figure in the grill. It is like a sudoku but with images.

Video Interview: 5 standard questions, you have one minute preparation time and 3 minutes recording, you can try the recording three times, not more. Questions were like difficult situations to cope, teamwork, priority of tasks.

hope to have been helpful guys!

In the Logical Reasoning part, Did all of them have the same dimensions I mean they were all 4x4 or 5x5, or there were a mix of all of them?
Also in the applied numeracy, they said you can have your own calculator, or is in the system? and can you have a paper to write something on it?

Regards and Thank you so much!

Jamesflyer1
14th Nov 2019, 16:35
As long as they ask us to perform it at the home I can consider we can use whatever we need calculator or sth else, they are not spying on us through the webcam I hope :)

Yt4775
14th Nov 2019, 17:28

Actually, when they brought their roadshow to my ATO, they said they specifically want low hours to apply as they like to mould you into the type of pilot they want you to be. I know plenty of guys fresh out of their Integrated courses who got selected in the last recruitment drive. Better yet, if you’re a female.

Tatie Rosette
14th Nov 2019, 17:40
I also did the test today using the link above (Airline Assessment Prep) which contains all the tests. It was very helpful.

I used a calculator for the Math Test.

Overall, not too hard but worth practicing a little bit beforehand.

avgeek21
14th Nov 2019, 21:18
Has anyone got the video interview questions??

Eligio
15th Nov 2019, 08:50
In the Logical Reasoning part, Did all of them have the same dimensions I mean they were all 4x4 or 5x5, or there were a mix of all of them?
Also in the applied numeracy, they said you can have your own calculator, or is in the system? and can you have a paper to write something on it?

Regards and Thank you so much!

Different size, and you can use your own calculator and paper. You will not need any paper anyway because they are very simple.

1013hPa
15th Nov 2019, 10:58
Flexone - I tried sending you a PM. Your inbox is full so it won't let me send the message. Clear your inbox and I'll send it to you! :ok:

==============================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

samedop
15th Nov 2019, 11:00
Hi guys and girls, please I need your feedback on these 2 points:
- we have 7 days to complete the online assessment, I received the mail on monday afternoon so I can do it on next monday morning or only until sunday? how do you count the 7 days?
- for those who already took the test : is it possible to split the test into 2 : for ex today the personality test and tomorrow the other stage? In the mail they wrote " if possible you should complete them in one sitting". If in total it takes more than 2 hours I would need to split it....
Thanks a lot and good luck !!

1013hPa
15th Nov 2019, 11:05
Before you submit the videos, you get a practice recording to make sure everything is set up right and that you are happy with how it works. You can use this time to have a go at talking into the camera and getting yourself used to it.

PositiveGhostrider
15th Nov 2019, 11:34
You can also fill in the blanks in the symbol-sudoku. Meaning you don't even have to use paper. I found some of them quite challenging.

Scagrams
15th Nov 2019, 12:34
- we have 7 days to complete the online assessment, I received the mail on monday afternoon so I can do it on next monday morning or only until sunday? how do you count the 7 days?
- for those who already took the test : is it possible to split the test into 2 : for ex today the personality test and tomorrow the other stage? In the mail they wrote " if possible you should complete them in one sitting". If in total it takes more than 2 hours I would need to split it....

1) I can't say for sure but I'd advise to do it the safer way, like our profession teaches us to.
2) You may split part1 and part2 indeed. So do the psychological test one day (taking approximately 30mins) and the cut e another (took me about two hours but I took 5mins break often)

Good luck! Hoping to see you guys in Dublin!

Wertytg
15th Nov 2019, 14:44

You have to complete them before Monday 18th November @ 5pm, that what they said in the email

todisflying
15th Nov 2019, 15:50
Do you know how many pilots they are looking for?

V737
15th Nov 2019, 17:44
Any feedback about the video interview? What are the questions like?

Hawker400
16th Nov 2019, 08:53
Any feedback about the video interview? What are the questions like?

It was 5 questions
Tell me about a time you were under a stressful situation and how you behaved.
One was when you were working or project alone (didn't specify how alone)
One when you were under stress and had to cope with someone else
How you prioritize tasks
And another one that was with working in a team but I don't remember exactly the wording

Do you know how many pilots they are looking for?

While I'd love to work for them I'm pretty realistic that these positions are for the ex-tcx or some airline experienced folks (rated or NTR)
Are Lingus is a seniority airline, everyone with 200hrs total or 2000 Airbus hours starts at the same level.

Wertytg
16th Nov 2019, 09:18
It's one question and you have to speak for at least 3 min of each one? making a total on 15min ? they tell you if they need to be aviation related or it doesn't matter?

PositiveGhostrider
16th Nov 2019, 09:55
Doesn't have to be aviation related. There's a maximum of 3 min on these questions, but you can stop the recording after the minimum time for answer has elapsed (something like 1 min 10 sec or so). Good luck!

Eligio
19th Nov 2019, 18:29
Hey guys, any news?

737ng_x
19th Nov 2019, 18:33
I don't think that we'll have news soon, interviews are scheduled for the 2nd week of January, I think that processing all the applications will take several weeks

joblessPilot
20th Nov 2019, 02:00
I don't think that we'll have news soon, interviews are scheduled for the 2nd week of January, I think that processing all the applications will take several weeks
How do you know it's the second week of January for the interview?

FoxtrotGolfFoxtrot
20th Nov 2019, 06:38
On the 18th was dead line for the on line assessment I wish everybody good luck :)

Wertytg
20th Nov 2019, 15:33
Any idea how many people did the assessment ?

yannko
20th Nov 2019, 15:48
Did you get a confirmation email after finishing the whole online assessment?

Jamesflyer1
20th Nov 2019, 22:52
Did you get a confirmation email after finishing the whole online assessment?

No I didn’t, I thought I’ve done something wrong too

joblessPilot
20th Nov 2019, 22:53
No I didn’t, I thought I’ve done something wrong too.
Maybe in your spam folder?

Nineshsimbers
21st Nov 2019, 00:20
Anyone else been invited for assessment week starting 13th Jan 2020?

737ng_x
21st Nov 2019, 07:48
Not for me, you ?

Eligio
21st Nov 2019, 10:00

Not yet, have you been invited?

1013hPa
21st Nov 2019, 11:08
who said interviews will take place in January ?
​​​​​​
Aer Lingus did. Look at their website on their DEP section, on the FAQs page. It's under: "What is involved in the recruitment process?". They have also stated it elsewhere.

OldDreamer
21st Nov 2019, 11:25
Not me, have you?

paul_v1
21st Nov 2019, 14:08

have you ? Nothing so far for me

joblessPilot
21st Nov 2019, 14:11
Well on the cadet program, it takes like 2 to 3 weeks to go through all the data from the assessment. So I'm guessing it takes about the same time for DEP.

Top_Cap
21st Nov 2019, 19:54
No confirmation email either - do they send any (online assessment done last sunday)?

My application status still shows "Invited to the online assessment" - or something like that

yannko
22nd Nov 2019, 07:32
Especially the video part cannot just be easily assessed by a machine like "right / wrong", so it will definitely take some time to go through all of that... And the fact a video assessment is very impersonal makes it probably even more difficult in a way.

WestonFlyer
23rd Nov 2019, 09:21
I wouldn't panic if you aren't invited to the first wave of interviews. 2 years ago I was called a few months after I did all the aptitude and video interview stuff.

Oblivion67
3rd Dec 2019, 06:56
Guys, Gals,

Has anybody heard anything yet?

If the interviews are indeed the second week in January, when do you think we will hear? Last year I could not attend the interview because I did not have enough notice and was away working. If I can't get the request in before the roster is done for Jan, the same thing will happen again! I am really hoping to attend the assessment.

Thanks,

RB

Oblivion67
3rd Dec 2019, 07:23
Or I mean, do you guys think they would run them the second week of Jan but into February also? Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks folks

paul_v1
3rd Dec 2019, 11:31
Or I mean, do you guys think they would run them the second week of Jan but into February also? Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks folks

Did you get a positive response from the online assessment?

Oblivion67
3rd Dec 2019, 13:51
No didn't receive any response. Did anybody?

Wertytg
3rd Dec 2019, 14:15
Nothing, stil waiting, maybe next week we have news

this is my username
4th Dec 2019, 09:19
Last time around they were calling people a week or so before the interview dates to invite them - so don't expect much notice.

Oblivion67
10th Dec 2019, 11:29
Crikey....

this is my username
10th Dec 2019, 12:22
Just checked the dates - I got a phone call on a Tuesday for an interview on the following Wednesday - 8 days later.

Adam737
10th Dec 2019, 13:46
Just checked the dates - I got a phone call on a Tuesday for an interview on the following Wednesday - 8 days later.

And what was the interview format? Did you get the position?

Flying_carpet
15th Dec 2019, 05:54
Last year I could not attend the interview because I did not have enough notice and was away working. If I can't get the request in before the roster is done for Jan, the same thing will happen again!

Glad to see I’m not the only one having received the “unsuccessful email” because I was not able to go to Dublin with one week notice only while working...

I did retry this year but I expect the same to happen anyway. But all the winners tried so who knows!

Not heard anything neither yet.

Banana Joe
15th Dec 2019, 08:57
I couldn't go as well last year, but at least I advised them and they appreciated it.

Wertytg
17th Dec 2019, 15:17
So they will contact us the 5th of january more or less?
How much you have to pay for the assesment and the sim,is it hold in a a320? Do they also notify the unsuccessfull applicants in the same period of time?

Any news so far?

this is my username
18th Dec 2019, 08:52
When I did the interview early in 2019:

Group exercise - build a lego model as a team
Group exercise - discuss various topics as a group in front of assessors

Some people got dropped at this stage

Interview - Two pilots, one HR. Some of the usual HR competency-type questions, "soft" technical questions from the pilots (mostly CRM-type stuff).

Some people then got invited to the sim in the afternoon, most didn't. It may be that some candidates got invited back to the sim at a later date, I don't know as I wasn't .....

Sim used was a 737.

No charge for the assessment. Group exercises in the morning, interviews and sims in the afternoon. Once you had finished your interview the brief was "don't go anywhere, we will call you before 5pm if we want you in the sim". I didn't get a call so went home. Got an email a couple of months later saying "no thanks".