PDA

View Full Version : official manufacture publications

ddyanamicd
6th Dec 2018, 01:00
Greetings all, I am sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. I tried the search functionality, but did not get the info I need.

Is there a way to get regularly updated aircraft manufacturer manuals? I am a pilot on the 737 and GA, but don't own any aircraft. I enjoy researching and gaining knowledge on various aircraft, even those I don't fly, from piston engine aircraft to large air transport turbine aircraft.

It will be nice to always have up to date data so that one can stay current with aircraft of interest. It is understood that manufacturers may not want to give out their manuals freely unless one is an aircraft owner.

There might be other ways to get access to this updated information for reference purposes, a library perhaps? I have seen some that contain the warning ''do not for use for actual flight operations'' . These will be totally fine as long as they are updated regularly. So please Kindly post any information you have on sources of up to date manuals on any aircraft for research purposes. If there is already an existing thread like this please direct me to it. Thanks.

V1... Ooops
6th Dec 2018, 04:42
All aircraft manufacturers that I know of charge a subscription fee for their publications.

sierra_mike
6th Dec 2018, 13:13
i fear, there is no such thing as a single updated master version of handbooks to a specific aircraft type (especially of the larger more complex ones). i can only speak for the minibus and information in FCOMs can differ quite significantly over different MSNs for various reasons.
if you are interested in bigger equipment, i think SmartCockpit - Airline training guides, Aviation, Operations, Safety (http://smartcockpit.com) is your best shot in terms of a "handbook library". i'm pretty sure you have come across that site already. be aware the data published there is neither "official" in any respect nor up-to-date though.