PDA

View Full Version : IRI/ME examiner.

FO.Airbus
27th Nov 2018, 09:37
Hi everybody.

I’m planning to do an IRI/ME rating over the winter.

I have the hours required to do an IRI rating due to my hours on Airbus which will be credited and I also have the ME hours.

I do NOT have an FI rating and I don’t plan to get one.

My question is if after 250 hours of IRI/ME instruction, which I believe is a requirement in order to become an examiner, can I become an examiner or do I need an FI rating to become an examiner?

Inputs are very welcome.

Cheers.

S-Works
27th Nov 2018, 13:18
You cant be an examiner without being an Instructor........ Youa are also dreaming if you think the CAA will make you an IR Examiner with 250hrs of Instruction.

FO.Airbus
27th Nov 2018, 13:30
Thanks for input.

I was simply just stating the min. requirement to become an examiner. I hope they’ll require more... Just trying to state what requirement is needed. Bad wording.

Basically only being an IR/ME instructor doesn’t allow me, down the Line, to become an examiner...?

Any credit towards getting the FI if you have gained many hours as IR/ME instructor?

Thanks for input.

Banana Joe
27th Nov 2018, 15:28
I am sure you will find all the requirements for all the ratings in Part-FCL (https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/Part-FCL.pdf).
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/611x342/screenshot_1_598cb02bbb9c591b1d6c63b123b96d875d18f6eb.png

As you said, 250 hours is a bare minimum. Aren't examiners trained and tested only if examiners are needed in a specific area? I heard it works like this in my country and one had to wait even 6 months for a PPL skills test.

FO.Airbus
27th Nov 2018, 17:12
Thanks Banana Joe.

I do believe it’s like you say. I think that it’s something you aplly for once you have the hours...

Would be interesting to know how the process towards becomming an examiner actually is?

If people apply to become an IRE and not accepted and who decides that?

If people are sitting and waiting for tests,how can they not hire those qualified if they can pass the test to become an examiner?

Input is more than welcome!

Whopity
27th Nov 2018, 20:51
I’m planning to do an IRI/ME rating over the winter. I think you mean that you want to do an IRI Course which you can do with 800 hours IFR time with no requiement for a FI certificate.
In order to exercise the privileges of an IRI on ME aeroplanes you will also need either a CRI or TRI qualification as well.
As ab inition ME/IR instruction will be given on a MEP Class aeroplane the CRI qualification is more relevant.

FCL.915.CRI CRI — Prerequisites
An applicant for a CRI certificate shall have completed at least:
(a) for multi-engine aeroplanes:
(1) 500 hours flight time as a pilot on aeroplanes;
(2) 30 hours as PIC on the applicable class or type of aeroplane; So do you have 30 hours MEP? You will also require a valid SP ME/IR

The next question is where are you likely to get the opportunity to use the qualification? To teach in an Integrated ATO you would need to hold an FI certificate as the candidates are ab-initio, leaving only a few modular schools to use your skills.
Any credit towards getting the FI if you have gained many hours as IR/ME instructor? The only credit is the 25 hours teaching and learning which is common to IRI; CRI and FI Courses.

Duchess_Driver
28th Nov 2018, 06:40
Aren't examiners trained and tested only if examiners are needed in a specific area? I heard it works like this in my country and one had to wait even 6 months for a PPL skills test.

Should no longer be the case.... thanks to EASA, pass the appropriate AOC and away you go. However, as national CA's still oversee (control) examiners and what they can do it may well be...

Banana Joe
28th Nov 2018, 23:15
So do you have 30 hours MEP? You will also require a valid SP ME/IR

This is an expensive "game" to get in.

Whopity
29th Nov 2018, 09:17
This is an expensive "game" to get in.

This is another example of how our uninformed European Regulator is pricing some jobs and roles out of the market!
Regulation by price not competence!