PDA

View Full Version : Multi Flight??

Si
31st Jul 2001, 16:15
Hey,

Just got hold of my info pack on Multi Flight, looks a good outfit. I couldn't believe the price difference as originally i was considering OATS, the difference was £12000 including VAT, this is for the modular CPL/IR/MCC.

Just wanted to hear some views on Multi Flight if possible.

Cheers

Manflex55
31st Jul 2001, 18:29
Well don't worry about the price difference, there's no hidden fee @ Multiflight. Only did my MCC there but found it was indeed a good outfit. Head of training is Malcolm Dean, airline Cpt & top guy. The facility was founded by & still belongs to a successful Yorkshire businessman named David Hood, whose fortune is said to exceed £700 million (for the record, he owns 2 Ferraris & has just bought himself a new B737)... so basically he can just name any price he wants for the JAR courses. As a matter of fact, most of Multiflight's income has nothing to do with the flight school itself, but comes from the maintenance facility. So, from my experience, they won't B as interested in getting your money as fast as they can, unlike some big CAP509 facilities...

As for the training itself, I'm sure U'll find lots of other PPRuNers currently on the JAR courses there.

MF

Night Las Palmas
31st Jul 2001, 19:04
I think Malcolm Dean gave up flying BMC's saab 340's when he started with multi-flight. I flew with him on the saab once or twice and he was a really nice guy.

Hope lifes treating you well MD.

Reagrds
Night LPA :D

Manflex55
31st Jul 2001, 19:08
NLP,

Malcolm indeed gave up the Saab to fly something more appropriate to his current weight : Airtours' A300 !!

MF

Night Las Palmas
31st Jul 2001, 22:29
Glad to hear he is doing well. Malcolm always was a big lad!. :)

foghorn
31st Jul 2001, 23:50
Doing a modular CPL/IR with Multiflight.

Just partialled my first attempt at the CPL today (managed to fail on my strongest section - navigation - by getting flustered and lost after the unexpected happened).

Multiflight is a happy ship and very reasonably priced - you won't go wrong with instruction from Andy, Kate and Alan.

IMHO you get better than big school quality and service with small school prices and friendliness.

cheers,
foggy.

HomerSimpson
1st Aug 2001, 02:45
Foggy,

Who did your CPL skills test and on what aircraft? Was it Christmas Calder? :D

Manflex55
1st Aug 2001, 15:57
Probably wasn't, how can U possibly get a partial with CC :eek: ?? Besides, I hear CC is sweating in a PA34 in Melbourne, Florida right now.

MF

HomerSimpson
1st Aug 2001, 17:24
Manflex,

You're probably right, it wasn't CC as if he found the aircraft he would have passed anway. Maybe it was Henry Crone as he he based on the other side of the airfield at Leeds, now hes not a CAA examiner. Nice guy, just a bit unforgiving!

Homer

foghorn
1st Aug 2001, 18:07
Chaps,

T'was neither, a chap called Kerry Booth is standing in while the usual examiners are on holiday. Nice bloke, but he didn't have much choice in failing me on the nav section, because I didn't find the diversion point. I did the test in TRAN.

cheers!
foggy.

Tarmach
2nd Aug 2001, 12:18
foghorn,

What route did you use?

foghorn
2nd Aug 2001, 22:59
He gave me LBA - Owston Ferry to plan and diverted me to Kirkbymoorside.

I passed the retake Nav section today!!!!!

Loony_Pilot
2nd Aug 2001, 23:07
Kerry Booth?

He did my IR at Oxford, nice bloke

LP

Rob 747
2nd Aug 2001, 23:18
Hi All

I think MD's flying the DC10 for Airtours, he recently just signed back on with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manflex55
3rd Aug 2001, 16:09
foghorn : well done !! ;)
FS : U R right, he's on the DC10, not the A300 (Airtours doesn't have any A300). My mistake.

MF