PDA

View Full Version : CASA --> FAA (FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR)

DRss
5th Nov 2018, 06:27
I'm In the process of looking at options of undertaking Flight Instruction In the USA, (With a potential Employer). I am Australian Citizen with CASA Flight Instructor Fixed Wing licence holder.

I am trying to obtain Information about the process/eligibility, the recognition and privileges that may now be carried over to an FAA licence, from the current Part 61 CASA licence?

From previous Information I've sourced from other threads that date a while back ( CAR 5 Licence) and earlier when Part 61 was about to come into effect, the FAA will only issue a PPL...?? And further Issuances of other ratings i.e. CPL , FIR, will require theory & flight testing? DOES THIS STILL HOLD TRUE?

My status stands at the FAA looking at my Licencing Conversion Application ( Form you fill out) with Full Licence/Medical Evidence.

Does anyone In Australia have FAA licensing conversion testing privileges , that allows you to undertake, If required the testing to obtain the licence, without having to go over to the USA beforehand?

I need to have the licences In order to be given a formal offer of employment, & to commence a VISA process i.e. E3 . And meeting this is getting to be a catch - 22

So any Information about my challenges I am facing about this ordeal, and how to go about it, would be greatly appreciated...

FAA Inspectors, FSDO person(s), If you are reading this, please provide your professional Input!

Tinstaafl
6th Nov 2018, 22:37
It's frowned upon here to double post. It leads to relevant info being split all over the place. I've already answered your question in the other forum. May I suggest you direct to that US forum here, and close this thread?