PDA

View Full Version : 5 persons suspected...

Knold
12th Sep 2001, 14:19
This is from the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet.

Five Arabic men are suspected for involvement in yesterday’s tragedy since “flight manuals” in arabic was found in their car. The car, which was a rental, was found at Logan airport yesterday. Investigators suspect that two of the men were onboard United 175. At least one of the men is supposed to be a pilot.

I sure hope that they aren’t the right ones…

[ 12 September 2001: Message edited by: Knold ]

747FOCAL
12th Sep 2001, 21:18
dON'T YOU THINK IT WOULD BE EASIER TO LEARN ENGLISH THAN TRANSLATE A FLIGHT MANUAL TO ARABIC? THERE ARE ENGLISH WORDS THAT ARE UNTRANSLATABLE TO ARABIC... HOW WOULD THEY GET AROUND THAT? IF THEY DID IT THEY DID IT THEMSELVES BECAUSE BOEING ONLY SUPPLIES MANUALS IN ENGLISH AND FRENCH. HMMMM, MAYBE THAT IS IT... ALGERIANS ALL KNOW FRENCH! PLUS WE HAVE PROOF THAT THE HYJACKERS SPOKE PERFECT ENGLISH. YOU NINNY.

Gaza
12th Sep 2001, 23:41
747Focal

This story has been widely reported on Sky, BBC, CNN, etc. It has been confirmed by unattributable FBI sources. You are probably correct in saying that manuals are not officially available in Arabic but that doesn't mean to say they have not been translated.

Also, the FBI have raided the Westin in Boston, arresting at least one person and seizing a car.

profiler
13th Sep 2001, 02:22
According to this morning Boston newspaper, two of the 'suspected hijackers' had U.A.E passports.
That is why the FBI were searching a hotel in downtown Boston today because some of these 'suspected hijackers' stayed there.

Kaptin M
13th Sep 2001, 03:30
747FOCAL....
BECAUSE BOEING ONLY SUPPLIES MANUALS IN ENGLISH AND FRENCH.

The flight manuals for the 767's, 747's, 737's, and 777's operated by Japanese airlines are in Japanese (Kanji), except for non/untranslatable words, which are printed in English. I'm unsure WHO does the translation - Boeing, a contractor to Boeing, or the individual airline companies.

Knold
13th Sep 2001, 11:23
747FOCAL

Yes...well...thank you! I was rather hoping that someone was gonna call ma a Ninny!

I was merely passing on the information I had. For what I could see it didn’t appear anywhere else on PPRuNe.

Oh yes, BTW, try finding the Caps Lock next time you nitwit.
:eek: