PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle wins wins AOPA "Best General Aviation Airport" Award

SWBKCB
30th Oct 2018, 17:01
Who came second??

Carlisle Lake District Airport wins top aviation award (https://www.cumbriacrack.com/2018/10/30/carlisle-lake-district-airport-wins-top-aviation-award/)

flybymike
30th Oct 2018, 17:04
I think that should be AOPA not AOA. ;)

Pilot DAR
30th Oct 2018, 17:12
I think that should be AOPA not AOA.

I fixed the title, though I note that the article does say "AOA".

mabmac
30th Oct 2018, 18:08
SWBKCB - Best change the title back as you were correct first time. The award was made by the Airport Operators Association - AOA.Perhaps the confusion has arisen because of the quoted comments by Martin Robinson, chief executive at AOPA.

SWBKCB
30th Oct 2018, 18:18
Confused? You will be - AOA awards, but 'Best GA airport' is selected by AOPA. The response on the airports FB page is "interesting"

Best General Aviation Airport: Carlisle Lake District Airport, who provide a natural gateway for visitors to the Lake District National Park, the Pennines, Galloway and the Border regions of Scotland. It is promoting this valuable tourist facility with commercial and business passenger flights to major centres planned for Spring 2019. General aviation activity is strongly encouraged, and has long been enthusiastically supported, visitors flying in being made very welcome. Flight training is also available, and ranges from rotary to fixed wing, including microlights and instrument flight training, with all the usual facilities and support services. Dedication in aiming to excel in providing an all-round general aviation airport is amply demonstrated. AOPA has selected the winner in the best general aviation airport category.

AOA Annual Awards 2018 winners announced (https://www.aoa.org.uk/aoa-annual-awards-2018-winners-announced/)

STENDEC North
30th Oct 2018, 18:18
Absolutely unbelievable, Willard and the management have lied, deceived, and lied again. Willard Out!