PDA

View Full Version : Pay to fly a320

luai
27th Oct 2018, 19:35
Hello
I'm looking for a company who accept pilots with low hours ? And company doing a320 line training with job offer ?
Cheers

Newcomer2
28th Oct 2018, 07:50
If you want to pay to fly, go to a flight school / flying club. Plenty of aircraft for rental.
Being an airline pilot is a JOB, where you are the one getting paid. It is a job that needs to be taken seriously. You don't rent a 320 to go for a ride like you would with a car.
We, professional pilots, are fed up with clowns buying their seat.

flyhardmo
28th Oct 2018, 13:11
Luai, you can pay me the money and I’ll give you some 320 line training. It’s all Kosher. I promise. :E

pfvspnf
29th Oct 2018, 04:44
Be careful , many scammers out there .

Global Aviator
29th Oct 2018, 06:14
Now what a novel idea, an Aeroclub with an A320!

It would make for a great weekend fly away...

Now which club?

beachbumflyer
30th Oct 2018, 01:32
I hope he gets scammed

jrmyl
30th Oct 2018, 01:46
luai, what we are all trying to say is this. NEVER, EVER, pay for your job. Let them pay you. There is enough of a shortage of pilots now that these companies need to learn they have to provide proper compensation if they expect to do business. Making pilots pay for their position is ridiculous and demeaning. Don't demean yourself. Shop around and find a job that pays you to be there.

Daddy Fantastic
30th Oct 2018, 07:52
Luai

When pilots like you P2F especially in todays times when there are more jobs than pilots you drag down everybody's compensation and future earnings. If all you desperate youngsters would just be patient like us older guys had to do, go do some charter work on Caravans and King Airs etc the airlines would be forced to raise salaries significantly as well as pay for the TR and stop charging for interviews or forcing people to pay for their own flights and hotels to interview.

If you choose to be patient and support your fellow pilots then believe me you will be rewarded in good time. P2F is a humiliating experience that should not be allowed and those on the line that did it properly will not respect you one ounce, nor should they.

Seagull201
30th Oct 2018, 08:35
Hello
I'm looking for a company who accept pilots with low hours ? And company doing a320 line training with job offer ?
Cheers

Luai or is it Louie,

I know what you're trying to do, you are trying to look for opportunities, to buy the experience on an A320,
then use that experience, to get a proper paying job.

It's your choice and decision to do that, but something you have to understand, going down this road, is expensive and it's going to cost, lot's of money.

First you have to get an A320 type rating in your license, the simulator only, costs up to 30 to 40, 000 USD,
This cost may include the 6 circuit, take offs and landings.

Getting an A320 type rating in your license, with only, light general aviation twin aircraft experience after pilot training, can be a nightmare of an expense, as you aren't airline sponsored and you have to pay for all expenses yourself.
Be careful of this type of expense.

Anyway, if you did have an A320 type rating in your license, i suggest you look at the SkyAngkor website/Cambodia, they had an advertisement, under news,
in 2015,the advertisement it's still there, looking for 6 cadet pilots, CPL/IR/A320 type Rating, offering line flying up to 500 hours, you would be employed from 500 to 1,000 hours.
Total cost was $56K USD, plus your own accommodation and,meals.
I don't know if they still accept new pilots to pay2fly, there's an email there, which can be sent to recruitment.

Reading other posts (you can find it), the operator in Vietnam, wanted $50K USD, before doing the simulator check.

Unless you are super rich or you don't mind giving strangers 50 to 56K USD, into a bank account, to people you never met, i don't recommend you try this,
pay2fly, unless you first meet the company and people you're going to deal with.

All the people that are attacking you on this thread, come from a first world aviation country and have airline pilot jobs, they don't understand your circumstances.

But you have to understand, this adventure costs over $100K with a type rating and pay2fly, also you cannot be sure the people at these companies, will train
you properly.

It's all a big risk, but if you got the money (no bank loans), at least, get properly trained in your A320 type rating.

All the best

iggy
30th Oct 2018, 10:19
All the people that are attacking you on this thread, come from a first world aviation country and have airline pilot jobs, they don't understand your circumstances.

Who the hell you think you are to say what we do or don't understand about this guy circumstances. This guy is looking for a job in the aviation industry's best moment since 9/11. Those are this guy circumstances.

The rest of us, the pilots who are now well respected (and well payed) professionals, holding Captain positions in medium or widebody jets, came to where we are now by overcoming our very own set or circumstances: 9/11, SARS, war in Irak and Afghanistan, the 2008 credit crunch (aviation's worst moment since WW2), and posterior worlwide 10 years Great Recession (or whatever way you spell it), and yet we didn't pay. We didn't bribe our way in. We studied, acquired experience, prepare ourselves, endured never ending recruitment process, interviews and screening sims, and became better professionals. Something that seems to be out of reach for you and your generation. Keep buring your head in the sand. We all know where you guys come from, we all know which are the P2F airlines and, sincerely, there will be no place for your kind in any self respected company in the future.

Zero simpathy.

HHChan
30th Oct 2018, 11:45
Who the hell you think you are to say what we do or don't understand about this guy circumstances. This guy is looking for a job in the aviation industry's best moment since 9/11. Those are this guy circumstances.

The rest of us, the pilots who are now well respected (and well payed) professionals, holding Captain positions in medium or widebody jets, came to where we are now by overcoming our very own set or circumstances: 9/11, SARS, war in Irak and Afghanistan, the 2008 credit crunch (aviation's worst moment since WW2), and posterior worlwide 10 years Great Recession (or whatever way you spell it), and yet we didn't pay. We didn't bribe our way in. We studied, acquired experience, prepare ourselves, endured never ending recruitment process, interviews and screening sims, and became better professionals. Something that seems to be out of reach for you and your generation. Keep buring your head in the sand. We all know where you guys come from, we all know which are the P2F airlines and, sincerely, there will be no place for your kind in any self respected company in the future.

Zero simpathy.
And your point being CAPTAIN??

iggy
30th Oct 2018, 12:12
And your point being CAPTAIN??

Pilots are also paying big time to get upgraded to Captain. Same excuse: "This is the market now", "I have no choice if I want to progress in my career", etc...

Pointles and unnecessary. No need to pay. Many of us have achieved our goals (Captain, LTC, TRI, whatever...) without paying. If you are trying to steer my post into me thinking that I'm a skygod for being a CAPTAIN then don't, and if that is the only thing you can infer from my diatribe then this whole industry is broken beyind repair.

wingdeagle
30th Oct 2018, 13:36

Zero simpathy.

100% spot on iggy. Problem is the young generation feels a sense of entitlement ("millennials" ?) and there is no will to work their way into the flight deck of a 320 or 737 anymore. They do not see the big picture and do not care about ruining the industry and damaging the already damaged profession. P2F or PayforUgrade, it's all about them and money talks.

Yaw String
30th Oct 2018, 15:33
Guys/gals..I think you've been well and truely wound up.."taken the bait"!

Ilyushin76
1st Nov 2018, 12:48
Luai or is it Louie,

I know what you're trying to do, you are trying to look for opportunities, to buy the experience on an A320,
then use that experience, to get a proper paying job.

It's your choice and decision to do that, but something you have to understand, going down this road, is expensive and it's going to cost, lot's of money.

First you have to get an A320 type rating in your license, the simulator only, costs up to 30 to 40, 000 USD,
This cost may include the 6 circuit, take offs and landings.

Getting an A320 type rating in your license, with only, light general aviation twin aircraft experience after pilot training, can be a nightmare of an expense, as you aren't airline sponsored and you have to pay for all expenses yourself.
Be careful of this type of expense.

Anyway, if you did have an A320 type rating in your license, i suggest you look at the SkyAngkor website/Cambodia, they had an advertisement, under news,
in 2015,the advertisement it's still there, looking for 6 cadet pilots, CPL/IR/A320 type Rating, offering line flying up to 500 hours, you would be employed from 500 to 1,000 hours.
Total cost was $56K USD, plus your own accommodation and,meals.
I don't know if they still accept new pilots to pay2fly, there's an email there, which can be sent to recruitment.

Reading other posts (you can find it), the operator in Vietnam, wanted $50K USD, before doing the simulator check.

Unless you are super rich or you don't mind giving strangers 50 to 56K USD, into a bank account, to people you never met, i don't recommend you try this,
pay2fly, unless you first meet the company and people you're going to deal with.

But you have to understand, this adventure costs over $100K with a type rating and pay2fly, also you cannot be sure the people at these companies, will train
you properly.

It's all a big risk, but if you got the money (no bank loans), at least, get properly trained in your A320 type rating.

All the best

I think this was the best explanation given. Spot on !

BluSdUp
1st Nov 2018, 19:37
You have no idea how much we hate people like you!

pfvspnf
16th Dec 2018, 11:40
Do not ever complain that your wages are so low

Newcomer2
16th Dec 2018, 12:46
Thats been said, he pays money to get a job or not, it’s none of your business. Either he pays to fly or he burns his money, it’s his money it’s absolutely none of anyone’s business. If you don’t have anything good to tell him, guide him, advise him, then simply zip it.

1) As a professionnal pilot, it becomes my business as these short-sighted people contribute to lower the conditions in the whole industry, therefore MY conditions

2) As a paying passenger, it is also my business as I want my pilots to be seated in the front because they went through some kind of selection process, not because they gave a check

3) This is a public forum, so I will not "zip it" (I understand you may not be familiar with freedom of speech in Bahrain?)

umop apisdn
16th Dec 2018, 13:23
Would it also be fair to say that anyone who does p2f pretty much prices themselves out of a job anywhere else?

You might think that you'd be happy in a 320 for the rest of your life in a low cost Asian carrier who can easily bend fatigue and safety rules at their whim, who can easily continue to ask for payments for advancement in the company.

Oh, but you're flying an A320, so it will all be worth it, right? It will never feel like a daily grind, because you're in a jet, right? Maybe even you'll dread your days off, because the jet is where you're happiest?

Let's not mention if you want your kids educated in English, suddenly the cheap country gets prohibitively expensive, all the while you keep paying bribes to keep sitting in your jet.

I'm sure the pollution, heat, noise, traffic and bribery will all be worth it in the end. We all know that the 320 isn't just a big Cessna, it's not just a flying bus. It's a source of eternal happiness and fulfillment, even at the expense of your own dignity, cash, health and professional standards.

Contact Approach
16th Dec 2018, 23:53
Clearly a troll. Absolute moron if he isn't.

morno
20th Dec 2018, 22:22
I can’t wait to fly with you AMN, so I can re-educate you

IBE8720
22nd Dec 2018, 08:59

Good luck with that. You will be waiting a long time to ever fly with this Ace. Not even a pilot, let alone a professional one.

AMN previous posts-:
13th of April 2016 looking for Pilot training organisations.
21st Feb 2017, claims he resigned from Gulf Air as a Captain in 2015. He resigned over a year before he was looking for a training organsiation.

The Village he comes from is looking for him. They want their idiot back and he is rumoured to be the best on the Sub Continent.

wagon007
23rd Dec 2018, 02:40
Hello
Cheers

try and go look somewhere in Cambodia and be prepare to have at least USD.125K GOODLUCK!

HVYMETAL
23rd Dec 2018, 20:02
luai, what we are all trying to say is this. NEVER, EVER, pay for your job. Let them pay you. There is enough of a shortage of pilots now that these companies need to learn they have to provide proper compensation if they expect to do business. Making pilots pay for their position is ridiculous and demeaning. Don't demean yourself. Shop around and find a job that pays you to be there.

This is good advice. Flying is fun but it's still a job. If you pay for a job you will regret in the long run I promise and it will be a stain on your resume. Your fellow pilots will resent you for it and future employers will think the you're a safety issue, especially in today's hiring environment. Save your money and invest it in property stocks, whatever. Or, if you don't have the money don't put grandma's house or your credit on the line, it's not worth it and can go badly for everyone if it doesn't work. The flight hours and experience will come if you really want it, fly as much and as often if you can. Even if you're only flying a 172 you are still gaining experience and that counts. A door will open, I promise, then that will lead to another and another. Just make sure you're ready, stepping up to a bigger airplane is always tough. I survived in the US on $15,000 a year as a CFI from 2008-2012 and worked part-time jobs to make ends meet, and now I'm making 6 figures on a widebody. I'm not rolling in the dough or dancing with glee, I do enjoy the job but you are just trading one set of challenges for another. I have and still am considering going back to GA, I want to sleep in my own bed, spend more time with family and be well rested, if I can only find a job that pays commensurate. I'm so happy I didn't fall victim for a P2P.

Be safe and Happy Holidays.

flash8
23rd Dec 2018, 23:42
As HVYMETAL also states...

Recruiters aren't stupid, and nor are reputable Airlines, they can spot a P2F RHS a mile off when applying for a position and they will be bottom of the pile, not because they paid for their previous employment but because they are usually of poorer quality than other (non P2F) candidates as has been the experience of the airline concerned, and good airlines want good candidates with good known quantity backgrounds.

Not to mention liability... if you are involved in an accident and somebody digs.

bringbackthe80s
24th Dec 2018, 12:09
I have never even paid for a type rating in my life, but I can tell you that all reputable airlines in the EU/middle east have MANY pilots who started with p2f.

xano
2nd Jan 2019, 08:35
CRM? With that attitude you shouldn't be in cockpit.

Sholayo
22nd Jan 2019, 13:36
If you ask me if I would have ample money to pay for P2F described here, I would rather spend it on flying for non-profit like MAF or pick some poorly paid pilot job somewhere to gather experience. This is what I think is the best use of money planned fot P2F.

On the other hand - how come there are people (especially in developing countries but also in 'The West') who can afford 0-ATPL program including all these hours, then type-rating, then some P2F and in the same time be able to maintain some minimal level of life. 0-ATPL, even in Poland is at least $60k, then life itself like $24k (minimal approx 2 yrs expenses in PL). Then $30k Type Rating, then P2F - next $50k.
We're over $150k.
So, how long it will take you to make this money in paid position of FO in some 'mid'level' airline?
I think my question is - leaving all the emotions I can see in this thread - is it worth it? Before you answer - think of, say, medical school? How much it costs you, how long it takes you to be a doctor, how long it takes you to be a really financially independent doctor? (the catch - in PL and in Europe in general I think, medical studies are almost free).

&

beebo
23rd Jan 2019, 16:29
PM me, I can help to do it in Cambodia

p2f and Cambodia, a receipe for success indeed 😂

morno
24th Jan 2019, 10:34
CRM? With that attitude you shouldn't be in cockpit.

Thanks for the opinion mate. I’ll be sure to add it to the list of useless things I’ve heard in my career so far.

I’m no professor on CRM, but I’m definitely going ok with mine

Vatslav
24th Jan 2019, 10:35
PM me, I can help to do it in Cambodia
I thought you lost your money in Vietnam? And now you arrange things in Cambodia? :D

mcchow
21st Oct 2019, 06:13
Does anyone know how much is the cost of A320 type rating cost at L3 Harris in the UK?

beachbumflyer
22nd Oct 2019, 19:52
They day pilots stop paying for TR the day airlines start paying for it.

pfvspnf
23rd Oct 2019, 18:28
No more pay to fly available

Loulou92
1st Nov 2022, 16:30
Luai

When pilots like you P2F especially in todays times when there are more jobs than pilots you drag down everybody's compensation and future earnings. If all you desperate youngsters would just be patient like us older guys had to do, go do some charter work on Caravans and King Airs etc the airlines would be forced to raise salaries significantly as well as pay for the TR and stop charging for interviews or forcing people to pay for their own flights and hotels to interview.

If you choose to be patient and support your fellow pilots then believe me you will be rewarded in good time. P2F is a humiliating experience that should not be allowed and those on the line that did it properly will not respect you one ounce, nor should they.

yup. They got rid of this BS in the States a long time ago. Gone are the days of paying for type ratings and everything. It’s a bit of a joke here in Europe

CAkim
24th Dec 2022, 06:55
We don't see the Pay2fly these days, wondering what happened to them.