PDA

View Full Version : Has anyoner heard of a company called "Malgus"?

albi
29th Jul 2002, 19:23
I have got an interview next month with Malgus and was wondering if anyone had any dealings or has any background knowledge of this company. Also, if anyone can give me an insight of what I am likely to get asked so I can prepare, all halp and advice gratefully accepted.

Piper Warrior Pilot
29th Jul 2002, 19:41
You may have already visited their website

http://www.malgus.com/aviation/index.html

The website has a lot of information regarding the selection process.

Also, try a search on the pprune boards. There will be plenty of topics regarding aptitude tests and interview techniques etc...

Hope this has been of some use and good luck with the interview.

KingoftheRoad
29th Jul 2002, 20:29
Albi...........

Please,please,please,search pprune rigourously before you enter into any financial commitment with this outfit.Promise.

M.Mouse
30th Jul 2002, 10:10
Try this link http://www.s1news.com/news/14392.html

I did a search on PPRuNe for 'Malgus' and the results are interesting. From what I can gather if enough people apply and 'fail' there will be enough money to pay for one person to be sponsored, oh and also make a profit for Malgus.

I must be a function of age but eventually in life one realises that there is no such thing as a free lunch, a good deal sometimes but never a free lunch.

On Malgus website it says there, or it might be their examiners, decision is final. Lets face it if an individual applies and 'fails', well he/she will be disappointed but feel that some lucky person(s) will get through and then move on. The trouble is there is precious little evidence of anybody being successful.

A major question I would be asking is what Malgus are getting from the deal because they sure aren't in it for their health.

Good luck.

Field In Sight
30th Jul 2002, 12:53
I am going to start a similar scheme.

Please send an email to:

[email protected]

All names will be put into a hat and subsequently burned as I attend the remainder of my training and subsequent publicly funded type rating:D

PS. The initial cost is 75 pounds to be "considered" for issue of an application form. First come first served, availability is strictly limited.

PPS. The application form is a further 150 pounds.

silverknapper
31st Jul 2002, 10:49
Albi

Can only back up what is said here. The words pie and sky come to mind. In fact go to the wannabees forum, sure there is a thread still on the go there. If it has gone, do a search, there is a lot of strong feelings out there about them. Hope you haven't sent off that cheque!!!

Cheers

SK