PDA

View Full Version : Longest non stop flight

Wannabe Flyer
12th Oct 2018, 11:37
So the return of the SQ flight between SIN-EWR has finally landed. Wonder if anyone one from PPRUNE was on board especially in premium economy to give us the lowdown.......& no not the paid for one by the dude on CNN travelling business class......

BAengineer
12th Oct 2018, 15:25
I used to regularly fly between DXB and DFW and they lasted about 16 hours - always in Business and found it quite OK. After about 10 hours I dont think it really matters so a 19 hour flight certainly wouldn't put me off. The only time it was an uncomfortable flight was when the seat recline broke - but that could happen on any flight.

I certainly wouldnt attempt it in economy.

Mr Mac
14th Oct 2018, 07:42
So the return of the SQ flight between SIN-EWR has finally landed. Wonder if anyone one from PPRUNE was on board especially in premium economy to give us the lowdown.......& no not the paid for one by the dude on CNN travelling business class......

I did the flight once to Newark on the 340-500 when it was all Business Class. It is along flight but after a meal, sleep, some work, another meal and a drink, it was not too bad. Only issue I recall was the jet lag which seemed worse than usual, and quite dry air in the cabin. Its is not a route I have used since, or are likely to do again, but ULH with SQ would not be an issue for me, some other carriers I would be less sure of.
Regards
Mr Mac

krismiler
14th Oct 2018, 07:57
At least this route is only premium economy and business which would make it bearable. The Qantas B787 Perth - London is only slightly shorter but offers standard Economy class which would be a nightmare.

ULH flights like this may be bad news for hubs like Dubai if premium passengers decide on direct flights and leave the lower yield Economy passengers to make the connections.

DaveReidUK
14th Oct 2018, 12:10
Only issue I recall was the jet lag which seemed worse than usual

Might be something to do with crossing 12 time zones in 18 hours ...