PDA

View Full Version : Is it still possible to book spare sim time for non-training ?

El Desperado
29th Jul 2002, 13:07
I was wondering if the sim companies still allow these corporate entertainment style sim bookings.

I'd like to give my old man a blast on the type I fly since I can't let him on the flight deck these days, so a couple of questions :

1) Post Sep-11, is this excess time still available to the public (i.e., individuals and not just the airlines) ?

2) If so.... who's selling it !

Cheers

Meeb
30th Jul 2002, 21:17
Some airlines will allow a 'family' member to fly on the flight deck providing they stay there for the whole duration. There is nothing in the regulations to stop this (in the UK anyway). Depends whether you work for an enlightened operator I guess...

To answer your question, yes, but I hope you have deep pockets.

El Desperado
30th Jul 2002, 23:13
I fly the 757/767 for MyTravel - at the moment, the jumpseat policy is under review but I wouldn't mind a blast in the sim with the old man, letting him have a go.

We have our own sim-company in MAN, but it's not really open to individual bookings (one of our guys got a rocket up his ass for booking it pre a command-assessment, so you can see how this encourages us !)

Aren't there any corporate leisure type companies out there that still sell excess sim-time, or sim-companies who would accept individual bookings with ID, obviously ?

doomsday
1st Aug 2002, 10:02
This old chestnut came up some weeks ago. I posted a long reply then but can't find it now. Try my old mob in boh 01202 581111 ask for sim centre. 1-10-11(200 aand 500) Bac1-11, 727 and soon I believe 742.
Cheers