PDA

View Full Version : FISO Exam Papers

RedCosmos
26th Sep 2018, 10:46
Hi guys,

I have the opportunity to work as an (A)FISO for the next few months before I type rate. I hold an ATPL(f) and so only need to do the AFISO Procedures and Air Law exams (Not met or nav).

My exams are next month (19th October) and so I do not have time to go on the course. Would someone please be kind enough to help me get hold of some current practice papers for these two exams?

I have searched the forum and a few of you have had access to them but the posts are from 2006.

Really would appreciate any help :)

All the best

Dan

chevvron
26th Sep 2018, 22:46
You'll need an ROCC (A/G Certificate of Competence) as well to start training as an AFISO; the FRTOL doesn't 'cover' you for this any more so you need to take the full exam; CAP 452 is the present 'bible'.
The exam is fairly easy as the written questions will be covered by your flying training apart from phraseology which is in CAP 413. You're allowed 1 hour for the written which must be taken before a simple practical exam to test your phraseology.

RedCosmos
27th Sep 2018, 08:30
Got the ROCC / met observers course and the rest planned, just need some practice papers for the two exams in the short term. Thanks for the reply though :)

chevvron
28th Sep 2018, 00:46
Sorry can't help you there; I never had to take the written exams for my FISO Licence as I had a validated Aeroodrome Control rating on my ATCO licence when I applied.
If you ask on Flyer Forums, there's a guy called AlanM on there used to run FISO courses at one time; maybe he could help. You could try a PM on this forum but he hasn't been on here for quite a while.