PDA

View Full Version : Air Belgium to stop scheduled flights?

CaptainProp
22nd Sep 2018, 20:24
Air Belgium will announce the end of its flights between Charleroi (https://www.pilotcareercentre.com/Aviation-Pilot-Recruitment-News-Item/8276/Air-Belgium-to-stop-Hong-Kong-flights-and-focus-on-ACMI)

That didn’t take long, but I hope things work out for them and that the crew keep their jobs.

CP

Webby737
23rd Sep 2018, 08:25
I hope everything works out for them, they seem to have been doing quite well with the ACMI since they started.

Falck
23rd Sep 2018, 09:37
Air Belgium is still recruiting and still plan to fly to China.
Some negotiations stalled with a party who was suppose to provide an X amount of passengers on this Hong Kong route.

Falck

Hotel Tango
23rd Sep 2018, 13:27
My info is that all scheduled flights will cease in October. They will only concentrate on ACMI work until at least March 2019. I read somewhere (but can't remember where - thus unconfirmed) that they were Euro 10M in debt already this year. I do really hope things work out for them, but those of us who have been in aviation for a long time can never muster much optimism in these situations.

CaptainProp
23rd Sep 2018, 19:25
My info is that all scheduled flights will cease in October. They will only concentrate on ACMI work until at least March 2019. I read somewhere (but can't remember where - thus unconfirmed) that they were Euro 10M in debt already this year. I do really hope things work out for them, but those of us who have been in aviation for a long time can never muster much optimism in these situations.

Yes, according article I quoted ALL scheduled services will cease.

CP

5711N0205W
24th Sep 2018, 11:17
I saw an Air Belgium 340 lining up in Paris last week, where is that likely to have been going, surely not to Charleroi?

CaptainProp
24th Sep 2018, 13:53
Wet-lease for Air France.

CP