PDA

View Full Version : MSc Air Safety Management at City, University of London

Banana Joe
9th Sep 2018, 13:59
I have recently obtained my first flying job at a Europe based operator and I have a very strong interest in the safety and training aspects of a commercial operator. I am looking at options to further enhance my possibilities to obtain a Safety Manager or Flight Safety Office position at an airline or authority (besides doing line flying and instructing) in the long-term.

I have done some research and I am very interested in the MSc Air Safety Management at City, University of London. The only prerequisite to enrol is 2 years of work experiences as a flight crew. I know City University are a well-known institution in the education field in the UK, so maybe someone could give me a feedback on their MSc programs?

Genghis the Engineer
9th Sep 2018, 15:17
City are a good university, their various MSc programmes for professional aviators are generally well delivered by highly skilled industry professionals, monitored for quality standards by full time academic staff. Chris Atkin, the head of department there has a lifetime of achievement in aviation and is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society.

I think you'd find it very high quality.

And no, beyond knowing a lot of the staff there, I've nothing to do with it.

G

Banana Joe
10th Sep 2018, 00:07
Excellent, thank you for your reply. I still have not clear how the program work for someone working full-time, but I think I will go for it in a couple of years.

myNameIsSlava
14th Jun 2019, 07:21
Hey!
I am currently in application process for that program. Are you in there?
I have few questions about Induction Workshop