PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Perth London flight turns back due disruptive passenger

xfsd
8th Sep 2018, 21:40
Two hours in then back to Perth. What would that have cost in fuel? No further details as yet

Carlos Kaiser
8th Sep 2018, 23:48
Disruptive passenger. Needed to be cuffed and masked. $14000 in gas, arrested in Perth looking like a member of Slip Knot. Priceless.

parabellum
9th Sep 2018, 00:06
Not just fuel, possibly hotels as well, whilst they got a stand-by crew together, or do they keep one on standby in Perth to cover such eventualities?

harrryw
9th Sep 2018, 02:03
Why not throw them out in Exmouth...they have a lock up there. Or would the crew hours be up by the time they refueled.

CurtainTwitcher
9th Sep 2018, 03:17
Because the crew would have to get off. For this sector (PER-LHR) the crew can only do one sector, no additional sectors are legal. As I understand it, the standby crew can't position first, then operate out. So pack to PER they go to get a fresh crew.

India Four Two
9th Sep 2018, 04:23
Qantas said Australian Federal Police boarded the plane and removed the passenger after the flight landed back in Perth at 10.32pm.

One passenger said the man appeared “incredibly agitated” and his behaviour was “hyper aggressive, like a cornered animal”.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/qantas/qantas-non-stop-flight-qf9-from-perth-to-london-turned-back-due-to-disruptive-passenger-ng-b88954692z

Transition Layer
9th Sep 2018, 09:10
Because the crew would have to get off. For this sector (PER-LHR) the crew can only do one sector, no additional sectors are legal. As I understand it, the standby crew can't position first, then operate out. So pack to PER they go to get a fresh crew.
There may have been Pilots available on standby, but no Cabin Crew Base in Perth so looks like it was a 12hr rest then back to try again at midday today!

Impress to inflate
9th Sep 2018, 23:29
Lets hope the courts chuck the book at the P$ick. Hopefully he will have to pick up the entire bill for fuel, landing, hotels etc etc etc. Also, make his punishment public to deter other di@k heads trying it. I'm a frequent traveler and I see me fair share of airborne idiots shouting/screaming abuse at staff and other pax. They are normally dragged off by the feds and given a gentle slap on the back of the hand and told. to to do it again. Have a NO FLY list so they can't ruin travel for the 99.99% of the well behaved public.

givemewings
10th Sep 2018, 18:12
Should have just asked EK to take over and do the flight. They can make pretty much any duty legal for the cabin crew... :E

megan
11th Sep 2018, 00:31
TV news here reported that he spent an hour in the aircrafts toilet prior to running amok. Wonder what that would imply.