PDA

View Full Version : Captain or Commander?

megan
7th Sep 2018, 00:33
I'm in something of a dilemma, what honorific should I demand to be called, Captain, Commander (Retired) or Mister? One princess, or is that snowflake, it's hard for we oldies to keep up these days, demands QF address her by the honorific "Doctor", rather than the "Miss" which the CC used. Up to now the only thing I've hated being called is late for breakfast. Guidance please.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/flights/why-doctors-flight-rant-is-ridiculous/news-story/d2850c760a69ed43933e5e530b47d1d8

act700
7th Sep 2018, 00:50
Depends on how big/small your Schlong is!

Airbubba
7th Sep 2018, 01:04
Nothing new, it's one of the feminist agenda things with a rant about how hard they worked etc. :

Sen. Boxer to officer: Don't call me ma'am

The Washington Times - Friday, June 19, 2009

Sen. Barbara Boxer, California Democrat, gave an Army brigadier general an order this week during a committee hearing: Call me “senator.” Brig. Gen. Michael Walsh of the Army Corps of Engineers had addressed male senators on the Environment and Public Works Committee as “sir” during the Tuesday hearing.

When the time came to speak with Mrs. Boxer, the panel’s chairwoman, he called her “ma’am.”Mrs. Boxer quickly interrupted him.“Do me a favor, can you say ‘senator’ instead of ‘ma’am’?” Mrs. Boxer pointedly asked the general. “It’s just a thing. I worked so hard to get that title, so I’d appreciate it. Thank you.”

He obliged. “Yes, senator,” he dutifully responded

In America if anybody calls me 'Captain' it means that there is something wrong and they are looking for someone to blame it on.

tail wheel
7th Sep 2018, 01:40
Guidance?

One can only hope Dr Siobhan O'Dwyer remains permanently in the UK and in future travels on UK air carriers. Only a wide body will accommodate her ego!