PDA

View Full Version : What's your sign-off time?

cyclops camel
28th Jul 2002, 12:30
At present, our sign-off time is 30 minutes after we chock. There is a rumour here that management have applied to our authority to make it a 'zero' minute sign-off, ie. we go off duty as soon as we chock.

Is this legal where you are? If so, does this mean we don't have to do the parking/securing checklists and paperwork?

Comments (ammunition) appreciated!

CC.

Flight Detent
28th Jul 2002, 20:02
Hi,
I have been operating for the last two years with sign off time at chocks in time, and this also applies to our cabin crew, even though they still have to attend to getting the pax off the aircraft, and this can sometimes take awhile.
So, all procedures, paperwork etc, is done on our time, even though the company requires all to be done in a timely manner, that is, for example, the emergency lights cannot be turned off until all pax have deplaned, the INS position errors need to be calculated and entered in the log, and the maintenance people have to be briefed by the FE on any discrepancies, usually.

The other day, landing at JFK, we had a medical emergency declared to the flight deck by the senior F/A during mid-taxi to the gate, we called for medical assistance/ ambulace etc, but had to await the removal of the sick pax for some 1.5 hours, after shut=down, due delays with the ambulance, my point is, that the entire crew had to remain, but the sign-off time was still at chocks on time, no exceptions, they won't wear it.
The following sign-on time is never critical!!

Cheers

FlapsOne
28th Jul 2002, 20:08
My crew is off duty when i sign the journey log and not one minute before.