PDA

View Full Version : DC9 Sim info

rich49
28th Jul 2002, 12:24
Hi,
I have found a website, www.classicflight.co.uk offering the use of a DC9 flight simulator for £165 for an hour (shared with 30 min each at the controls) and I was wondering if anyone had any experiance or knowledge of the company and the simulator?
Any info appreciated.
Thanks
Richard

MaximumPete
28th Jul 2002, 16:48
The DC9 Sim used to fly really well when operated by BM.

I've been checked and instructed on it.

The only thing to remember is that the visual is not daylight but dusk. Even so it gives you a good idea about what it's like to fly

Hope you enjoy your session

MP;)

The man formerly known as
29th Jul 2002, 10:39
You could also try www.Tridentsim.com. Similar aircraft but significantly less cost.

KingoftheRoad
29th Jul 2002, 20:35
Rich........

If you do get to fly the one at Wycombe, you'll find some of my Blood & Sweat up the walls, and a puddle of my tears in the corner.

Thanks Pete. ;)

rich49
29th Jul 2002, 20:52
Hmm, a guess but did you used to work for BM and fail a simulator check?
Thanks for your replies, does anyone know anything about the company, just when I part with that much money (its still a lot of money) I am a tad cautious, thanks
Richard

KingoftheRoad
29th Jul 2002, 21:09
No, not BM rich. They used to rent out all the lousy 0001 to 0359 slots to third world carriers at enormous profit.
My lot hailed from a small island in the Mediterranean. I'm still failing the rides though.

To be honest, the crowd at Wycombe are ok for corporate jollies, but if you're serious about flying for a career, get yourself into a B737 or A320.

There aren't many European DC9 operaters around now, scandi & alitalia excepted.An absolutely fabulous rocket ship to operate, but a thing of the past now.

But if you just want an hours fun,go do it,I doubt you'll regret it.