PDA

View Full Version : Flight School in NYC, or instructor with plane

Sam Rutherford
30th Aug 2018, 06:01
Hi,

Looking for the nearest instructor and plane SEP to Manhattan - any ideas?!

Thanks, Sam.

mary meagher
30th Aug 2018, 06:55
Good morning, Sam. Sometimes overlooked are the flight schools in New Jersey, just over the Hudson River from Manhattan. They would be less expensive, and easy to reach from Philadelphia if you chose to go that way from LHR rather than New York City.
Near Morristown N.J. is the ATP Flight School. Or in a quiet area, Freeflight, Medford N.J. And if aviation history interests you, the historic Lakewood, where the airships used to anchor after their transatlantic voyages, there is a flying school at Farmingdale N.J.
North of Atlantic City where I was born, you will find very nice beaches, quiet resorts, with decent waves and warm water through September.

Enjoy!

l10fly
3rd Sep 2018, 10:23
Teterboro is a short hop from NYC, I flew with Million Air a few years ago for the Hudson VFR tour, but they are no longer listed as a resident FBO. A quick search lists 5 FBOs who you could contact.

340drvr
3rd Sep 2018, 13:07
Going the other direction, Republic at Farmingdale, KFRG, and Long Island MacArthur, KISP, both have several flight schools.

AviatorTB
7th Sep 2018, 02:24
Sam,

I got my PPL and IR at Performance Flight at HPN. It is an all Cirrus fleet for training. If that is too pricey, there is another outfit at CDW that seemed squared away, Century Aviation. I believe they had some Cessnas. The other nearby airports mentioned by others above should serve you well too, tho Not sure TEB has any basic schools. The ramp space is quite valuable. Good luck!

TB