PDA

View Full Version : Nearly met piperboy84

ETOPS
25th Aug 2018, 21:26
Flew into the "pop-up" airfield at the Montrose Heritage Centre this afternoon. Parked near a Yellow N reg Maule M4 which I recognised as belonging to the intrepid Angus aviator.
Sorry we didn't get to meet up - my loss I'm sure...............

India Four Two
26th Aug 2018, 16:55
my loss I'm sure...............

In a word, yep! :)

And his "little yellow airplane" is a delight too.

pb84, how were the engine problems resolved in the end?

piperboy84
26th Aug 2018, 20:54
Flew into the "pop-up" airfield at the Montrose Heritage Centre this afternoon. Parked near a Yellow N reg Maule M4 which I recognised as belonging to the intrepid Angus aviator.
Sorry we didn't get to meet up - my loss I'm sure...............

Next time ETOPS, it was a fun afternoon. I got talking to the 2 cops on duty they said they were doing their normal patrol of the town and became concerned when they seen a plane flying extremely low and descending, they raced towards the direction of the “crash” and found another 20 planes parked up in the football field attending the fly-in they weren’t informed about. All’s well that ends well as they seemed to be enjoying both their ice creams and Heather Hays display in the Pitts along with everybody else. Another success for the good folks of Montrose and the event organisers.

I42. Got it all sorted and it’s running like a Swiss watch, after I got it over to gods own country from LaLa Land last year it still wasn’t running right but the cylinder issue had been fixed by the shop at Corona under warranty prior to departure. On the last annual I tested the plugs and found the ceramic on one was cracked which cleared up the final niggles.Going to try and get down to Malaga with it before the end of the year, I’d normally have made a few of these trips by now but this summer I had the severe misfortune of actually having to work for several weeks. ( I apologise in advance for using such 4 letter profanity)

PB 84

ETOPS
28th Aug 2018, 10:49
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/2000x1504/img_0534_fc1abc12335954eb4ee723dac27f72889ccb32c9.jpg