PDA

View Full Version : PPL H training in Cannes or Milan for UAE national

percyprune
25th Aug 2018, 06:13
Good morning

I have posted this on the PPL and instructors forums but no response so I thought I would try here.

I wonder if anyone can help with some advice on finding a good school with proficient English speaking instructors for PPL H training in either Milan or Cannes?

I have a friend, UAE national, who is interested in learning to fly helicopters and he has asked me to help him look into it. He previously held a PPL A (about 10-15 years ago) and is now interested in possibly obtaining a PPL H.

The reason for these locations is that he regularly visits both cities on business and they are both on the Emirates network.

His ELP is probably about level 4 so finding an English proficient school is important and he would also require 1 on 1 instruction.

In Cannes we have looked at a couple of potential operators and the same in Italy but while it is easy to visit a website I would ideally like to get independent recommendations/contact details as the companies I have contacted on his behalf have not responded in both locations.

Questions include:

Visa regulations for non European's to obtain flying training as a UAE national?
Instructor ELP proficiency and 1 on 1 training capability?
R-44 or Cabri G2 are the preferred types

Thank you in advance,

PP

RMK
25th Aug 2018, 17:44
Try Azur Helicoptere in Cannes (details below). I have a friend doing training there and speaks well of the school.

Azur Helicoptere
Hangar 11, 06150 Cannes La Bocca, FRANCE
+33 4 93 90 40 70
www.azurhelico.com (http://www.azurhelico.com)

percyprune
26th Aug 2018, 02:43
Thanks RMK. I have written to them but as of now no reply. I will give them a direct call.

feathering tickles
26th Aug 2018, 07:44
Hi Percyprune,

Would your friend consider Manchester as an alternative location?

It’s on the Emirates network and Helicentre.com have a training school there.

RMK
26th Aug 2018, 14:14
HeliCentre is a good group, but I must say that’s the the first time I’ve encountered “Hey, have you thought about Manchester”, when the initial idea was to go to the French Riviera.

No I’m just joking; they’re quite similar.

feathering tickles
26th Aug 2018, 15:59
We’ll see...better training airfields than S France, I worked down there for a few years and it’s very limited.

VERY expensive too for training at Cannes.

Experienced instructors all native English speaking.

What’s not to like?! Spot of rain...☔️

percyprune
27th Aug 2018, 13:44
Hello and thank you for the suggestions.

I personally no issue with Manchester or any UK school and today I was asked to consider looking at the possibility of going there but I have a feeling that he may not see it in the same light as Cannes!

He is possibly going there next week for a trail flight with Azur and once done we can work back from there,

PP