PDA

View Full Version : Previliges of MEP CRI and IRI

Turkpilot1
15th Aug 2018, 10:19
Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of questions regarding class rating instructor multi engine

I own a DA42 (in EASA land) and was wondering by obtaining MEP CRI / IRI I can teach differential course (how to fly DA42), renew MEP/IR or revalidation.
A very good friend of mine is qualified to do proficiency check on DA42 so I was hoping I can do a business out of this. (I do some flights with the students and my friend do his PC)

So to my question, will this require to setup an ATO? What type of training can be outside an ATO?

thanks

15th Aug 2018, 11:30
With a CRI you can teach for difference out of an ATO and sign off your client's logbook. But such an endorsement would only allow a pilot who already holds a valid MEP to fly a DA42. Who needs that sort of training? No one I'm afraid.
You might retrain someone who has a valid MEP, and who wants a retraining before a proficiency check.
With a CRE (with a CRI and a CPL you can get a CRE) you may do proficiency checks for the MEP re-validation. Again, who needs that as the PC will not re-validate your client's IR?
There are several routes to get the certification that allows you to re-validate an IR. Are you already a TRE?
Training for the MEP (initial issue or renewal) must be done within an ATO, the new simple DTO won't do.

Turkpilot1
15th Aug 2018, 11:45
@172510 thank you for your answer.
I have in the past worked as fa flight instructor and to get the CRE with Instrument Rating Revalidation I'm short of hours. The requirements are: have completed 2000 hours of flight time as pilot of aeroplanes and 450 hours of flight time under IFR of which 250 hours shall be as an instructor . Dont have 250 hours ifr as instructor.

So just to confirm your answer: I can give difference course to a client that has flown a different type of multi engine piston and teach him to fly DA42 and send him to my friend to do his proficiency check for MEP/IR? (as I understand you this can be done out of ATO)

thanks

15th Aug 2018, 13:46
So just to confirm your answer: I can give difference course to a client that has flown a different type of multi engine piston and teach him to fly DA42 and send him to my friend to do his proficiency check for MEP/IR? (as I understand you this can be done out of ATO)

That's my understanding of the regulation.

Whopity
15th Aug 2018, 17:27
Differences training does not need a PC, only a sign off. Revalidations can be doe out of ATO but not renewals.