PDA

View Full Version : USA pilots in europe

testpanel
2nd Aug 2018, 20:59
Incident: Smartwings B738 at Pardubice on Aug 1st 2018, overran runway on landing (http://avherald.com/h?article=4bbd4422&opt)

so, the (claimed) sky-Gods of the u s of a f..cked up in europe.

when this happend in asia the americans know it all..

when this hapened in usa the americans are silent or even defend the event.

any us pilot care to comment?

747-8driver
2nd Aug 2018, 21:07
In case they had an issue with the brakes they actually did pretty good.
At the end of the landing roll the deceleration was less than what you would expect with 3000PSI on the brakes, even on a slightly wet runway.

gearlever
2nd Aug 2018, 21:18
In case they had an issue with the brakes they actually did pretty good.
At the end of the landing roll the deceleration was less than what you would expect with 3000PSI on the brakes, even on a slightly wet runway.

Did you see the Video on AvHerald showing the touch down area?

Herod
2nd Aug 2018, 21:19
I suspect that the Americans can manage spelling and punctuation though. More than some "superior beings" can manage.

bafanguy
2nd Aug 2018, 21:20

Well, I don't have enough info to "comment". But I can ask a question: It's a N-registered airplane but does that mean it was flown by American pilots ?

Can you present unequivocally accurate data showing the crew was American ?

cappt
2nd Aug 2018, 21:22
Never heard of them, I'm a US pilot. But there by the grace of God go I, ?

gearlever
2nd Aug 2018, 21:25
Landing roll (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRcyJ5QQS_8&feature=youtu.be)

Mad Monk
2nd Aug 2018, 21:28
I suspect that the Americans can manage spelling and punctuation though. More than some "superior beings" can manage.

Perhaps they can in the languages they use; but little understanding or comprehension, let alone mastery in the usage of the English language.

cappt
2nd Aug 2018, 21:46
From the hiring page.
"Restrictions* Must hold valid EU Passport / Citizenship.
* Must have legal right to live and work in Europe.
* Must hold JAA/EASA Pilot Licence and Medical.

"

Oh snap!

Intruder
2nd Aug 2018, 22:29
How did you conclude it was a "usa pilot"?

From Smartwings.com:
SmartWings is a brand of the Czech airline Travel Service.

Only experienced and perfectly trained pilots fly for Travel Service and its brand for regular low-cost lines SmartWings.Training and testing of pilots take place in accordance with strict rules of the European Union at training centres with modern appliances for training pilots – complex flight simulators, not only in the Czech Republic but also in other countries within the European Union. Based on this focused training, the pilots from the company Travel Service and SmartWings obtained the license which permits them to make flights in Europe, Africa, North and South America, to Near and Middle East and to the countries of Southeast Asia.

JanetFlight
2nd Aug 2018, 22:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqFTD-Bqwl8 :)

filejw
3rd Aug 2018, 00:11
Aircraft is a wet lease from Swift Air of Phoenix AZ

hans brinker
3rd Aug 2018, 05:31
Incident: Smartwings B738 at Pardubice on Aug 1st 2018, overran runway on landing (http://avherald.com/h?article=4bbd4422&opt)

sure hope you are as fantastic as you think you are, cause I’m not sure you could handle disappointing yourself......

Herod
3rd Aug 2018, 07:26
JanetFlight. Nice one! That should be required viewing on all recurrent checks.

homonculus
3rd Aug 2018, 08:53
Even by the standards often seen here, OP's post staggers me by its rudeness. If you replace US with gender, race or religion it would be illegal in much of the western world. Why have we descended so low?

BluSdUp
3rd Aug 2018, 09:15
You made my day.
That was brilliant!

arketip
3rd Aug 2018, 10:17
Even by the standards often seen here, OP's post staggers me by its rudeness. If you replace US with gender, race or religion it would be illegal in much of the western world. Why have we descended so low?

And yet is what we normally see when the involved airline is from Eastern Europe or Middle/Far East and nobody gets their pants in a twist ;)

Jet Jockey A4
3rd Aug 2018, 12:23
You made my day.
That was brilliant!

Ditto, That was great!

neilki
3rd Aug 2018, 13:07

but that would be rude, so instead this:

Its obvious whats happened here; and clearly a European problem.

The (alleged) US Pilots performed a textbook landing.
Your Europen Runway is obviously in the wrong place.
Please, move it 2000' in the direction of landing and update via NOTAM.

Best
A US/European Pilot

Jet Jockey A4
3rd Aug 2018, 14:23
So anymore info on whether the crew flying the aircraft was/were Americans?

bafanguy
3rd Aug 2018, 14:33
So anymore info on whether the crew flying the aircraft was/were Americans?

Well, if...IF...this airplane was a Swift Air wet lease, they might be. They apparently do have a European operation. As usual, maybe people ought to wait for the official determination and details on this particular event.

Here's more than you'd ever want to know about Swift. See post #471:

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/charter/91860-swift-air-48.html

ethicalconundrum
3rd Aug 2018, 15:02

As a lowly US national, private pilot, I would like to apologize unreservedly on behalf of all US citizens around the globe. This minor mistake by these two citizens is inexcusable, and the US should see about revoking their citizenship. Our standards are perfection only, and when one of us doesn't live up to that it reflects poorly on all of us. Shame, shame, shame. How will the US ever hold its head high again?