PDA

View Full Version : Weather Radar & iPad

leonard17F
2nd Aug 2018, 12:51
Hello Fellow PPruners !!

I am exploring the possibility to use an iPad (or any other tablet) as a monitor for a Weather Radar on a relatively large aircraft which is currently not equipped with one. I would be very interested in your recommendations on the best possible combination.
In the same vein, this aircraft is currently not equipped with a hybrid-GPS system (only INS's and VOR/DME's) and a semi-portable GPS. Would there be a possibility to use the tablet with a GPS antenna as well and an application in order to use it as a legal navigation system to shoot RNAV approaches ?

Thanks a million, as always !

Leo.

wiedehopf
2nd Aug 2018, 13:24
Any certified solution for navigation will not be on a tablet computer but be permanently installed in the aircraft.
And there are solutions for that which also display Nexrad data i believe.

Also just state the aircraft type and what you use it for and someone might actually have a solution for you. Not sure there are many answers that you could not find by using Google but oh well.
Try RNAV GPS drop in navigation system General Aviation as a start.

You could check out "Baron Pilot" on youtube. Afaik he has some videos on his navigation equipment which i believe he can transfer waypoints into via tablet.