PDA

View Full Version : Instructor Certificate Revalidation - do I need to inform the CAA?

Happy Wanderer
29th Jul 2018, 16:29
I've just revalidated my FI(A) Certificate via (a) flying experience, and (b) attendance on an Instructor Refresher Seminar. Form SRG1135 is complete and signed by the seminar ATO, and my FI Certificate on my licence has also been revalidated by the ATO.

As I didn't do an Assessment of Competence this time round, do I still need to send the completed SRG1135 to the CAA or not? The application includes an option to have a licence re-issued for a revalidation, but this doesn't seem mandatory. The latest CAA Scheme of Charges suggests a £91 charge for the renewal/revalidation of an FI Certificate, but I'm assuming this is only when you want a new updated licence re-issued. If I don't submit the SRG1135, I take it the CAA won't know that my Certificate has been revalidated as the seminar ATO won't have advised them separately.

Anyone know if I'm able to submit the SRG1135 to the CAA but not request licence re-issue and therefore avoid the £91 charge?

Many thanks :ok:

HW

Whopity
29th Jul 2018, 19:25
Yes, you must send the SRG1135 to the CAA or they will have no knowledge of your revalidation. There is no charge as they simply file it and take no further action.

rarelyathome
29th Jul 2018, 21:35
Yes, you must send the SRG1135 to the CAA or they will have no knowledge of your revalidation. There is no charge as they simply file it and take no further action.

what? Surely there should be a charge for that :}

Whopity
29th Jul 2018, 22:30
No, there is no charge as there is no licensing action taken by the CAA, the revalidation was completed by a FIE. The form is telling the CAA what has been done.

Happy Wanderer
30th Jul 2018, 06:23
Thanks all :ok: