PDA

View Full Version : Licence finally arrives!!

iainpoll
26th Jul 2002, 17:28
Yes, at last my shiny new PPL is in my sweaty palms. Now I'm gonna spread my wings:) :) :)

Thanks for all your advice, it was very much appreciated.

Now come on then, lets get this party together (I'm dying to meet Aerbabe)!:D

Thanx again.

BRL
26th Jul 2002, 17:34
EXCELLENT.!!!! Well happy for you mate :) P.S. when you meet AB, just watch what she does with a bottle.... :D :D :D )

AerBabe
26th Jul 2002, 17:47
Awwww shucks :o

So are we just having a pi55 up, or another fly in?
Advantage of the former is that you get to see the bottle thing :D
(and it's not wx dependent...)

BRL
26th Jul 2002, 18:00
:D I think a fly-in would be good as we can then ALL share all your recent success. Also, if you lot wanted a private bash just for new ppls then that could easily be done too.

While i am here, can i suggest Redhill or Shoreham for a venue?

AerBabe
26th Jul 2002, 18:15
And can I suggest Sywell... good food, lovely people on the radio, lots of nice aeroplanes to look at, and it's soon going to be turned into a hard r/w :(

distaff_beancounter
26th Jul 2002, 19:14
Big Red L

How about Compton Abbas, which is very nice on a summer's day & has good food.

AND, we could always invite Madonna :D

sennadog
26th Jul 2002, 19:49
iainpoll . Ya lucky bugga! I bet that feels great.:)

As far as a get together is concerned and as much as I'm intrigued to see AerBabe's bottle trick I'd prefer a Fly In.

Redhill would be boring for me as I'd only get a couple of circuits in before landing and there is FA here. Shoreham has a lot more to it but how about some "neutral territory" such as Sywell?

We'd all ( I think ) get some decent flying in too. How about the 3rd week of September?

Any advances?

And in case any of you are wondering why I'm posting on a Friday evening....I detest Big Brother and I'm flying in the morning so not too many bevvies tonight!

AerBabe
26th Jul 2002, 19:55
Can we make it October? I finish my PhD lab work at the end of September, so that would be a HUGE no no :(

iainpoll
26th Jul 2002, 19:55
Fly in, or pi55 up fine with me, and I don't care where or when, lets just get it on!!!!!!!
:D :D :cool:

QNH 1013
26th Jul 2002, 20:16
Don't want to worry you AerBabe, but the write-up is a much more depressing slog than the lab-work. I recommend frequent alcoholic relief.

Good Luck !

QNH

Evo7
26th Jul 2002, 20:21
October sounds good to me too. Alternatively, I could suggest Goodwood - that way I could manage a walk-in :)

sennadog
31st Jul 2002, 16:07
Yes, my sweaty mitts are now around a brand new PPL licence! I took my paperwork in Monday of last week and popped down to collect it this afternoon! Not bad, even allowing for the fact that I delivered and collected it would have taken less than 10 days allowing for the vagaries of the Royal Mail.

Typically, the WX is cr*p so I can't go up today for Mrs.Sennadog's first flight but as she said earlier, now she can say she's sh*gged a Captain!

Well, let me dream anyway. The bit about the Captain I meant.:D

AerBabe
31st Jul 2002, 16:25
Good news dawg! :)

Carlito
31st Jul 2002, 18:57
Guys,
A quick question and Congrats to Sennadog and Iain!
How does a newly minted PPL get his/her hands on an aircraft for a whole day ( presumably a weekend day ) to go to a fly-in? I know, PPL or no PPL, I'd find it hard to get a plane for more than the 2 hours a week I currently book.
Carlito

tacpot
31st Jul 2002, 21:18
Fly mid-week?

AerBabe
31st Jul 2002, 21:50
Join a flying group of some kind, or if you're rich, buy a share in an aircraft. I learnt to fly with a flying group, rather than a flying school. We have two C152s, a PA28-140, and a C172 Reims Rocket, all of which can be booked for as long as we like (as long as one of the cessnas is around for PPL training).
I get the impression this is unusual though!