PDA

View Full Version : The Horn; Netflix

John Eacott
23rd Jul 2018, 07:03
I’ve just been made aware of the 2016 series on Netflix about the Swiss Mountain Rescue fliers.

Some excellent coverage of skilled crews in a challenging environment :cool:

Peter3127
23rd Jul 2018, 13:01
The only flaw is the continuity ..... wrong sounds .... and a 130 will pick up and the fly away shot is 429 etc, with AS350 sound. It drives my wife spare when I point that out .....

atakacs
23rd Jul 2018, 13:29
The only flaw is the continuity ..... wrong sounds .... and a 130 will pick up and the fly away shot is 429 etc, with AS350 sound. It drives my wife spare when I point that out .....
Rightly so IMHO :)

GrayHorizonsHeli
23rd Jul 2018, 14:36
I like the people, i like the equipment. I like the operation and what it means.
I hate the editing...

I dont know how the editing played out in some of the medical situations...i was a bit taken aback on the one scene where they literally slung a vital signs absent avalanche victim off the hill, then discussed as he lay in a bag if we was in fact dead or not.
In my neck of the woods, someone would have been on his chest doing compression's the moment then pulled him out of the snow and throughout the flight to the hospital.

John Eacott
24th Jul 2018, 04:26

All my Netflix viewing is sound down/sub titles on, I wouldn’t know what soundtrack is being used! ;)

mickjoebill
25th Jul 2018, 11:37
“Respect and confidence in each other.. but first you have to eat dirt”

Highly recommend.

Red Bull Production value is an asset, most of the time. ( too many insert/cutaway shots appear staged, wether they are or not)

What are the virtues of running aircraft types from different manufacturers in such an operation?

mjb

KiwiNedNZ
25th Jul 2018, 12:02
MJB - The mainstay of the Air Zermatt fleet was the Lama and Alouette III. Then the B3 replaced the Lama and they originally got an EC135 for their EMS ops and this is gradually being replaced with the 429 (2nd one arrived recently). They also got an H130 to see if it could also be used alongside the B3 going forward however some issues with its performance and the additional role equipment has meant it is primarily only used for sightseeing flights. Will they get anymore H130s - doubt it. So the fleet will be 429s for EMS, the B3 will be mainstay of the utility and sightseeing ops with the H130 kept for ad hoc transfers and sightseeing.

mickjoebill
25th Jul 2018, 12:28
MJB - The mainstay of the Air Zermatt fleet was the Lama and Alouette III. Then the B3 replaced the Lama and they originally got an EC135 for their EMS ops and this is gradually being replaced with the 429 (2nd one arrived recently). They also got an H130 to see if it could also be used alongside the B3 going forward however some issues with its performance and the additional role equipment has meant it is primarily only used for sightseeing flights. Will they get anymore H130s - doubt it. So the fleet will be 429s for EMS, the B3 will be mainstay of the utility and sightseeing ops with the H130 kept for ad hoc transfers and sightseeing.

Thanks, I was wondering if the 429 and EC135 has specific performance or handling virtues for mountain rescue.
Mjb

gg17
25th Jul 2018, 21:41
For those of you who do not have a Netflix subscription, it can also be watched for free on Red Bull's website.
I cannot post a link, but it can easily be found using the google. Worth watching, despite the editing.

jimjim1
26th Jul 2018, 16:04
For those of you who do not have a Netflix subscription, it can also be watched for free on Red Bull's website.
I cannot post a link, but it can easily be found using the google. Worth watching, despite the editing.

https://www.redbull.tv/show/AP-1N849ESGS2111/the-horn

Hawkeye0001
26th Jul 2018, 22:54
Thanks for the heads up! Wanted to go to sleep an hour ago, but I guess that's cancelled now :)
Unbelievable though that I need to read the English subtitltes to understand what is supposed to be a form of my native language :D

HeliHenri
27th Jul 2018, 06:53
So the fleet will be 429s for EMS, the B3 will be mainstay of the utility and sightseeing ops with the H130 kept for ad hoc transfers and sightseeing.

Hello Ned,

Next year, they will receive their first SH09 from Kopter ! :ok:

Rotorbee
27th Jul 2018, 07:35
Next year, they will receive their first SH09 from Kopter

Don‘t bet on it.

HeliHenri
27th Jul 2018, 07:47
Hello Rotorbee,

I won't because even products from very big OEM like Bell, Airbus or Leonardo can be delayed.
But Kopter has nearly one and a half year to reach his goal so ...

jimf671
27th Jul 2018, 13:13
Thanks for the heads up! Wanted to go to sleep an hour ago, but I guess that's cancelled now :)
Unbelievable though that I need to read the English subtitltes to understand what is supposed to be a form of my native language :D

Ha Ha!

Bernese gotcha!

Rotorbee
27th Jul 2018, 13:29
Not Bernese, that one one can learn, it's "Walliserdiitsch". Takes years and years of study and you will never speak it right ... or understand it right.

whoknows idont
27th Jul 2018, 15:36
One of my favorite parts about this show is how the pilot named Sam tenaciously keeps using the word "chopter". :ok:

mftx7jrn
28th Jul 2018, 07:50
One of the best series that I have watched on Netflix lately. Skilled and highly trained personnel carrying out their day to day job to a high level. Good job guys and fascinating to watch.

Martin Stucki
27th Aug 2020, 19:59
Thanks, I was wondering if the 429 and EC135 has specific performance or handling virtues for mountain rescue.
Mjb
As lightweight as possible

PhlyingGuy
28th Aug 2020, 01:27
Here's AZ just recently talking about how much they really like the 429 for the missions: article 1 (https://www.militaeraktuell.at/hoch-hinaus-im-bell-429/) article 2 (https://www.militaeraktuell.at/air-zermatt-ceo-gerold-biner-ueber-den-bell-429/) article 3 (https://www.militaeraktuell.at/im-gespraech-mit-air-zermatt-chefpilot-daniel-riesen/)

Nige321
28th Aug 2020, 07:41
Shame it's no longer available...

Northernstar
28th Aug 2020, 22:31
So how does the 429 these guys use compare with the 109SP and H145 the other guys at Rega have? Isn’t there also someone trying to operate some old 135’s in the SwissAlps? But really old cabs.

Findon 40
30th Aug 2020, 19:46
Shame it's no longer available...

Its available on Redbull TV........😉😉😉