PDA

View Full Version : Aeroncas, Pushpaks and Citabrias

SlipSlider
26th Jul 2002, 11:32
As I recall there are at least a couple of Pushpak fliers on the list,
(Tacpot? Stik?) as well as Citabrias and Aeroncas. You will all be very welcome at the Aeronca UK Club fly-in at Shobdon tomorrow Saturday 27 July.

Even the weather is shaping up well...... :cool:

Slip

tacpot
27th Jul 2002, 09:44
Ta for the invite.

Unfortuately BXTO is out of action with a poorly engine. Expecting the engine to be repaired v. shortly, but refitting it will take time. We're hoping that we can get her back in the air during the next couple of months.

Have missed a lot of fly-ins this summer due to out engine problem, but we are very please to have found out the cause of our problem. I'd like to try to make at least one fly-in this year - I think the Vintage Aircraft Club has one in the Autumn, that may be a possibility.

Hope the fly-in at Shobdon goes well. I'd love to come along next year, when hopefuly Stik will have his Pushpak in the air as well.

stiknruda
27th Jul 2002, 15:22
Very kind, thanks!

Papa Oscar has just come to the end of a lengthy rebuild, recover and engine overhaul and now sports a very smart yellow/navy blue paint scheme.

She'll be rigged on Monday, then weighed and then the paperwork will go off to Shoreham. They are expecting it!!

Soon as she is cleared for flight, I guess late next week earliest I shall do the test flight then bring her home.

Expect to see her out and about quite a bit over the next few months as my co-owner and I have a little fun with her.

Rgds

Stik

tacpot
28th Jul 2002, 12:21
Stik, I didn't expect you to beat us into the air, but it looks you might.

We've just been told our 'bottom-end' is ready for collection. The 'top-end' has been ready for a while, so we just have to put the top and bottom back together and then put the whole lot back into the aircraft.

SlipSlider
29th Jul 2002, 17:42
Gents, this is the 4th time I've tried to post this, I keep getting told I'm not logged in when I am....4th time lucky?

Tacpot, sorry to hear of your engine problems, hope they're fixed soon. Frustrating, no doubt, but it will be worth it in the end, I'm sure.

Stik, yellow and blue .... twins with 'TO? Or Aeronca factory scheme? I look forward to seeing 'PO out and about.

Although the weather was not as good as forecast, there were 5 Aeroncas made it to Shobdon. I flew the Champ Goodwood to Old Sarum to pick up a friend, then via Warminster and Bath to Shobdon. Reciprocal route on the way back, exactly 5 hours flying in total. A memorable day especially in the context of the 7 hours I flew in the 12 months before the Champ came along.

fyi there are two more Aeronca fly-ins scheduled this year, Pushpaks welcome of course!:
Saturday 31 August Old Warden
Saturday 7 September North Weald

Cheers
Slip