PDA

View Full Version : A320F Autothrust inop take off

Jean-Francois
4th Jul 2018, 06:56
Hi guys!
I had to perform an autothrust take off due to MEL.
Operational procedure was followed (22.30.01A) press and hold autothrust instinctive disconnection p/b for 15”.Cat 2 capability only.

Performance for take off provided us with a flex temperature and everything was correctly inserted (check on MCDU PERF page during briefing and check during the taxi check list).

During the take off roll I have set the thrust levers on Flex/MCT detent.
FMA displayed SRS and of course no A/THR white as it was desactivated (no RWY display was expected so that was fine) but I was expecting to get the MAN FLX xx. PM gave the call ‘thrust set’. Flex was displayed on the E/WD upper ecam so thrust was set. 1 second of doubt and PM mentioned that we could go on MAN TOGA. I agreed on that and set thrust levers to TOGA detent. No MAN TOGA on the FMA display but thrust setting were checked on the E/WD.

Could someone help me to find some Airbus references regarding that case?
It looks similar to a raw data take off without using the FD’s.
The only reason I see for not displaying the MAN FLX or MAN TOGA is that the first column on the FMA is related to Autothrust operation (so I guess I have answered my own question).
Anyway I am interested to get additional information.
Thanks a lot!
Happy landings to all of you

safelife
4th Jul 2018, 07:26
MAN is an autothrust mode, indicating that autothrust is not active at this stage (but armed).
When you do an approach with autothrust off you also get a blank FMA at that field.

Jean-Francois
4th Jul 2018, 07:50
MAN is an autothrust mode, indicating that autothrust is not active at this stage (but armed).
When you do an approach with autothrust off you also get a blank FMA at that field.

Indeed! It was way to early to ask my brain to work properly ;-) Thanks for your input