PDA

View Full Version : Navbox ProPlan Tech Question

QDMQDMQDM
25th Jul 2002, 21:11
I've just got it out of the box and I must say I'm not dead impressed with it so far.

I've got it to recognise the COM port and have set the transfer speed to low, but it won't recognise my Pilot III so I can't upload my routes.

Any suggestions? The Help function doesn't.

QDM

Julian
26th Jul 2002, 08:25
Check the settings on the GPS unit intself and make it is sending the output data in the correct format.

QDMQDMQDM
26th Jul 2002, 09:14
Thanks, I'll take a look, although the problem is with both down and uploading.

QDM

englishal
26th Jul 2002, 10:16
Probably something to do with the GPS interface setting as Julian points out. The GPS 3 is a Garmin? It may be that you need to set the interface to GRMN / GRMN or if that doesn't work NEMA....

Not an expert of the 3, but my eTrek connected to my desktop needs to be set to GARMIN I/O format.

Cheers
EA:)

Cusco
27th Jul 2002, 00:26
Don't beef about it on the PPRUNE site ., contact Peter Mundy at the NAVBOX site: it's in the box : He's always offered me first class advice and help, and solved my problems.

Happy flying

QDMQDMQDM
27th Jul 2002, 08:47
Thanks everyone. All good advice. In the end, it was a laptop / Navbox problem rather than anything more general. Peter Mundy is indeed exceedingly helpful.

Reappraisal a couple of days later -- good software, hopefully very useful, although not completely intuitive to use. Slightly disappointing you can't cut and paste bits of routes and a couple of other gripes, but otherwise worth the money. I'd recommend it. Peter says they'll be adding terrain as an update next year.

QDM