PDA

View Full Version : Stratus Aviation.... Anyone know them??

T210n
27th Jun 2018, 11:44
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this company ? Anyone know of anyone that flies for them or has had charters done by them?

They claim to own their own planes yet use generically googled images for everything. Cant find anything at all about them on google (which in this day in age gets the Bul@Shi% radar going), no reviews....no customer feedback....nothing.
Claim to have done over 900 flights to 52 different countries
Are currently making some pretty big claims in the Australian market

A bloke by the name of Simon Waters seems to be cracking the whip in Australia. Seen him at the petrol bowser?

I'm just trying to find out if these guys are genuinely a fresh company that is looking to have a go or are they going to disappear into the sunset with some unsuspecting victims money (from various travel offerings on their webpage)

Any info would be much appreciated...... either here or via PM

Cheers, T210N

drunk_pilot
27th Jun 2018, 11:48
From their website:

We have experience navigating the confusing world of aviation and can present solutions that other brokers or operators may not considered.

Riiiigghhhttt

wheels_down
27th Jun 2018, 13:29
Run a mile....

the company was established by Commercial pilots

onehitwonder
27th Jun 2018, 20:55
Having spoken to both wollongong and Dubbo councils, neither have had any contact from him or the empire about replacing Jetgo Services with a 20-30 seat aircraft.

However, side note his previous company JetBlue Aviation was sent a cease and decist Fromm jetBlue in the US.

He signs off as

Kind Regards

Simon Waters
Director & Corporate Gulfstream Pilot

Charter Number: 07 5636 1105 (tel:07%205636%201105)
Mobile: 0416 832 825 (tel:0416%20832%20825)
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.stratusaviation.com.au (http://www.stratusaviation.com.au/)

either Bipolar and or delusional

Currently in australia on a working Visa...brutish national

tail wheel
28th Jun 2018, 00:08
https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-waters-1a7773122/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-watts-5b195112/

They have some interesting backgrounds and connections. :}

http://stratusaviation.com.au/about/charter-services/executive-aircraft/

"With access to over 1500 Executive jets Australia wide, Stratus Aviation delivers un-parcelled client service and value."

Would there be 1,500 Executive Jets in Australia? "...un-parcelled client service... "?

josephfeatherweight
28th Jun 2018, 04:16
Would there be 1,500 Executive Jets in Australia?
No. There wouldn’t...

Horatio Leafblower
28th Jun 2018, 06:03
Gees you blokes.
They're just another charter broker and no dodgier than most new entrants appear at first outing.
Many of us are aware that there is a bit of a barney over the new choice of trading name, just as there was the first time around.
Stratus Aviation... Stratos Group... whatever.

My Dad used to say "Trust everybody... but cut the cards".

AmarokGTI
28th Jun 2018, 13:09
Sounds as loose as a wizards sleeve.

pilotchute
28th Jun 2018, 20:44
A quick CASA search shows that there are zero aircraft registered or operated by Stratus.

Stratus Aviation
29th Jun 2018, 10:37
Hi Eveyone

I’m the owner and director of Stratus Aviation, the content of this forum has been created by an individual who we have already issued a Cease and Desist letter to.

Our lawyers are currently dealing with their comments.

As our website states we are brokers it’s clearly indicated on the home page, we do have working relationships with operators all over the globe, as does other brokers. We don’t claim to own any aircraft or indeed hold an AOC as we don’t, we are looking at a joint venture to provide a regular service to a number of regional airports. We are extremely pleased with the client feedback we have had and continue to work with lots of great clients. Any feedback is welcome and client testimonials are available on request.

We know the individual who is creating these posts, it’s a shame but unfortunately when you receive positive press it does bring out a few negative individuals.

We wish to underline we are in no way related to Stratos Transport which is currently being struck off by ASIC, we are in no way related. And we know the person intent on causing our business harm is the owner of that soon to be de-registered company.

Thanks again for your time.

Regards

Simon Waters

red_dirt
29th Jun 2018, 22:48
Hi Eveyone

I’m the owner and director of Stratus Aviation, the content of this forum has been created by an individual who we have already issued a Cease and Desist letter to.

Our lawyers are currently dealing with their comments.

As our website states we are brokers it’s clearly indicated on the home page, we do have working relationships with operators all over the globe, as does other brokers. We don’t claim to own any aircraft or indeed hold an AOC as we don’t, we are looking at a joint venture to provide a regular service to a number of regional airports. We are extremely pleased with the client feedback we have had and continue to work with lots of great clients. Any feedback is welcome and client testimonials are available on request.

We know the individual who is creating these posts, it’s a shame but unfortunately when you receive positive press it does bring out a few negative individuals.

We wish to underline we are in no way related to Stratos Transport which is currently being struck off by ASIC, we are in no way related. And we know the person intent on causing our business harm is the owner of that soon to be de-registered company.

Thanks again for your time.

Regards

Simon Waters

😂😂🤣🤣 rrrrrright....

dodo whirlygig
29th Jun 2018, 23:45
We wish to underline we are in no way related to Stratos Transport which is currently being struck off by ASIC,

Wouldn't a statement to that effect be beneficial on your website if you are in a position to do so.

onehitwonder
30th Jun 2018, 00:37
Google search reveals enough.....can't spell....highlights spam....and the 9 news video clip was comical enough the boss of a new airline with planes and crew ready....lets hope your joint venture pays off as your already late and the residents aren't happy......

Simon tell us about your organisations experience with the 900 flights you've done in 52 countries....

Thanks Jeff happy to assist, I’d be cheif pilot on the day, it will be a cracking day! May I ask your contact number so I can add you to the list, only availability is changing daily! We currently have 8 aircraft servicing this event! Don’t worry I won’t spam you. I’m on 0416832825

Mach E Avelli
30th Jun 2018, 00:45
Simon, this is a rumour website in which plenty of people and companies cop flack.
Rather than threaten those who would question your legitimacy, how about you fix the atrocious grammatical errors on your website?
It is so badly written it calls into question just how much attention you would pay to detail in organising charters for the high end market you clearly crave.
As for access to 'thousands' of aircraft world wide, anyone can Google and deal direct with operators. Ditto with super yachts. Why would anyone engage a broker to engage another broker?
On your ambitions to get between councils and airline providers, I would suggest that there are at least three credible AOC holders on the east coast with fleets of owned aircraft already talking to any council where there is potential traffic. Why would these operators need a broker to dilute their revenue?
But good on you for having the cojones to post on here.

wishiwasupthere
30th Jun 2018, 02:22
cant spell.

and then

comicle

​​​​​​​:hmm:

Stratus Aviation
2nd Jul 2018, 03:51
Hi

You are correct and we ave done so today: Also see Press Release:

Urgent Press Release

We were recently made aware of a de-registered Company Stratos Transport Pty Ltd ACN 168 114 896 or Ryan Baker of Stratos Transport. This entity and individual has taken it upon themselves to attempt to divert business away from us and defame us. We are in no way related.

They have harassed our staff, harassed me personally and even made personal threats, which QLD Police are dealing with.

We were only made aware of this person around one month ago, and we have no argument with them however they have taken it upon themselves to become armchair trolls.

This is very distressing. We have in no way mislead clients into thinking we have an AOC or indeed own aircraft, we act as a broker, which is a widespread practice and we enjoy a stable and professional relationship with our operators, who support us and understand the need for brokers in the industry.

We have recently investigated a joint venture to reinstate the routes that were left un-serviced by JetGo, this has attracted media attention, and unfortunately, the 2% of negative comments cause far more stress to our business than the other 98% of positive comments.

We can assure our clients we run a transparent and professional service and look forward to continuing to work with our client base. We will not be bullied.

We look forward to fielding any enquires.
Kind Regards
Simon Waters

hiwaytohell
2nd Jul 2018, 21:47
You put it out there Simon: https://www.9news.com.au/videos/cji00x29w002h0hp9ttxt9ux6/new-regional-airline-ready-for-take-off

red_dirt
2nd Jul 2018, 22:50
Simon, how many hours you got on Gulfstream?

tail wheel
3rd Jul 2018, 00:16
Stratus Aviation

Having first approved and read that attachment to your last post, I have now unapproved the letter. It is somewhere between laughable and pathetic. If your business can't stand a little scrutiny, competition and pressure, time you cut your losses and move on.

People don't come to PPRuNe to read about childish turf wars and name calling by charter brokers. I have some of the email traffic........... time some people grew up.

How do you think a charter broker can hold an RPT AOC to conduct air transport category airline operations with chartered aircraft? Or establish and manage a CAR 217 organization? Or are you proposing another of these "interposed entities" arrangements to try to circumvent the Civil Aviation Act and Regulations?

It takes no more than five minutes internet research to establish it is very highly unlikely any air charter broker, particularly Stratos or Stratus could ever legally conduct air charter operations in their own name, let alone air transport RPT operation in Australia.

The fun is over. Thread closed!

:mad:

tail wheel
21st Nov 2018, 02:20
NOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR WINDING UP ORDER

Company:STRATUS AVIATION GROUP PTY LTD

ACN:625 413 685

An application for the winding up of STRATUS AVIATION GROUP PTY LTD was commenced by the plaintiff KIRKHOPE AVIATION PTY LTD (ACN 007 094 546) on 07/11/2018.

https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/STRATUS-AVIATION-GROUP-PTY-LTD-625413685/b33b54ac-3dda-447e-8690-defe292501b9

onehitwonder
21st Nov 2018, 03:19
About time, still running and taking peoples money, chartering aircraft and not paying..........last i heard was a BAE146 for $300K.....or was it a fleet of Chieftains???

red_dirt
21st Nov 2018, 21:55
Something about glass houses and stone throwing comes to mind Simon 😂😂

CaptVelocity
22nd Jan 2019, 01:03
Stratus has gone into liquidation. Hopefully he doesn't reappear and con anyone else under a different name...

evilducky
24th Jan 2019, 15:44
NOTICE OF WINDING UP ORDER AND APPOINTMENT AS LIQUIDATOR/PROVISIONAL LIQUIDATOR

Company:STRATUS AVIATION GROUP PTY LTD
ACN:625 413 685
ABN:74 625 413 685
Appointed:16 January 2019
https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/STRATUS-AVIATION-GROUP-PTY-LTD-625413685/cd9a3068-0e1d-4e56-8dcd-a4bd8bc26e9c? (https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/STRATUS-AVIATION-GROUP-PTY-LTD-625413685/cd9a3068-0e1d-4e56-8dcd-a4bd8bc26e9c?appointment=All&noticestate=All&companynameoracn=Stratus&court=&district=&dnotice=)

And Amen to that. Simon didn’t even show up to court I’ve been told. Everyone loses once the lawyers get involved, but at least he won’t be able to fool anyone else for a long time (am I too naive hoping for that last part?).

Wonder what Stratus has in the way of assets for the liquidator to pick over? :rolleyes:

red_dirt
24th Jan 2019, 18:56
Wonder what Stratus has in the way of assets for the liquidator to pick over? https://www.pprune.org/images/smilies2/icon_rolleyes.gif

Probably a laptop.....even that’s probably on flexirent

evilducky
11th Feb 2019, 06:37
What's that bird called? The one involving fire and ashes and what not.

Google searches have Lightspeed Aviation pages listing Level 1 194 Varsity Parade Varsity Lakes QLD Australia 4227 as the address, the same as Stratus Aviation. Jump on the website and all the address sections have been removed, just listing 'Gold Coast, Australia' as the address. := := := := :=

Domain Name: LIGHTSPEEDAVIATION.COM.AU
Registry Domain ID: D407400000012331644-AU
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.auda.org.au
Registrar URL:
Last Modified: 2018-10-26T02:06:13Z
Registrar Name: TPP Wholesale Pty Ltd
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
Reseller Name:
Status: serverRenewProhibited https://afilias.com.au/get-au/whois-status-codes#serverRenewProhibited
Registrant Contact ID: A15405195705100
Registrant Contact Name: Simon Waters
Registrant Contact Email: [email protected]
Tech Contact ID: A15405195700010
Tech Contact Name: Simon Waters
Tech Contact Email: [email protected]
Name Server: NS1.ONEFUSION.COM.AU
Name Server IP: 182.160.136.154
Name Server: NS2.ONEFUSION.COM.AU
Name Server IP: 128.199.165.252
DNSSEC: unsigned
Registrant: WATERS, SIMON
Registrant ID: ABN 86317131541
Eligibility Type: Sole Trader

Chris2303
11th Feb 2019, 18:02
What's that bird called? The one involving fire and ashes and what not.

The bird is a Phoenix

MPAS88
14th Feb 2019, 00:41
Simon Waters of Stratus Aviation purchased product on behalf of Stratus Aviation from our business. He never paid his bills. . Please check CreditWatch reports where his business, Stratus Aviation, have been reported in default.

jemcorp
12th Sep 2019, 06:29
DO not go near Simon Waters, Stratus Aviation or Lightspeed Aviation.

He ripped me off and I know he just ripped off a group of 8 people who booked something through him.

I have launched VCAT action against him and insurance companies are coming after him.
Hopefully, he's destroyed soon, never to be seen again,

onehitwonder
12th Sep 2019, 10:08
If anyone knows the where abouts of this individual or current contact details please let us know. Police would love to do something!

onehitwonder
12th Sep 2019, 10:25
A picture is worth a thousand words, leopard never changes its spots

jemcorp
24th Oct 2019, 03:12
If anyone knows the where abouts of this individual or current contact details please let us know. Police would love to do something!

I have a home address, not sure if current. Happy to assist.

onehitwonder
25th Oct 2019, 02:58
Your inbox is full mate

where is he now?

evilducky
2nd Nov 2019, 09:14
Seems the actual Lightspeed Aviation (headset manufacturer) found out about Simon's new business, the domain lightspeedaviation.com.au now redirects to their website. A few of the sub-pages still up and online though, Charter | Lightspeed Aviation (http://lightspeedaviation.com.au/long-haul-charter/).

Eyes open for the next business name to rise from the ashes.

airdualbleedfault
2nd Nov 2019, 10:28
So is this different to Stratos aviation? Or Gunna aviation..... Gunna re start Jetgo, Gunna run E190 for Air Kiribati, Gunna gunna gunna :rolleyes:

onehitwonder
2nd Nov 2019, 11:24
I think you’ll find pionair are running the E190 for kiribati

Horatio Leafblower
26th Jan 2020, 00:42
OH god.... not him AGAIN :D

Asturias56
26th Jan 2020, 08:37
Like trying to hit a mole with a hammer..................

brads_dragons
27th Jan 2020, 01:58
Simon Waters has opened a new business called Blackstar Aviation. Where he is marketing himself as a Drone Photographer, Aviation Consultant and Commercial Pilot. He has recently been accused of stealing a reputable professional photographer & videographers work and then putting it on his web site and marketing it as his own work. The photographer & videographer who has made the allegation that his imagery was stolen is seriously considering legal action for copyright infringement. Watch this space... ;-)

Chozza14
30th Jan 2020, 14:16
Seems as though Blackstar aviation has a sister-ship "ICI Capital" and they both seem to like to use the same website format and images. Simon you are getting very original with your companies would love to see the office but the address is very generic on your website

Asturias56
30th Jan 2020, 17:04
Seems as though Blackstar aviation has a sister-ship "ICI Capital" and they both seem to like to use the same website format and images. Simon you are getting very original with your companies would love to see the office but the address is very generic on your website

That's not the Blackstar in Dublin is it? https://www.vision-net.ie/Company-Info/Blackstar-Aviation-Limited-561939

brads_dragons
3rd Feb 2020, 13:19
No. Well... I don't think it's the same guy but you never know. This particular Blackstar Aviation is run by Simon Waters and is based on the Gold Coast, Australia. He's been accused of stealing drone video footage and imagery from a reputable photographer & videographer and then putting the footage on his site and marketed the work as his own work. If these allegations are true then that's straight out theft and copyright infringement. Of course these are allegations at this stage but it does seem dodgy. When confronted and questioned about all of this Simon Waters got very angry and made repeated threats. I know of the Photographer/Videographer who is making these allegations against Simon Waters and Blackstar Aviation and he is a really good guy and a trustworthy person who runs a reputable business. Apparently Simon Waters has recently taken down the footage & imagery from his Blackstar Aviation web site stating that it was a mistake. I'll say no more!

Iwillfindyou
29th Apr 2020, 12:01
I have a home address, not sure if current. Happy to assist. I’ve messaged you but your inbox is full

johnojohnson
7th May 2020, 00:41
I would be interested in this address please. Owes us money from a failed Birdsville trip. Dodgy as anything

onehitwonder
7th May 2020, 07:42
Simon when are you going to give up

Chartering Brokering - racked up $300K in debt
Drones - Sold and/or stolen drones
Websites - Take money and never deliver

Keep going bud, your on a winner!

johnojohnson
27th May 2020, 06:18
Simon Waters has opened a new business called Blackstar Aviation. Where he is marketing himself as a Drone Photographer, Aviation Consultant and Commercial Pilot. He has recently been accused of stealing a reputable professional photographer & videographers work and then putting it on his web site and marketing it as his own work. The photographer & videographer who has made the allegation that his imagery was stolen is seriously considering legal action for copyright infringement. Watch this space... ;-)

Hi mate, I know of 2 parties that Simon has ripped off for a Birdsville trip. Plus an Electrician that Simon promised a website Went from Stratus Aviation, Lightspeed Aviation, now I see Blackstar has popped up. Legal action will be following and I know someone that has contacted A Current Affair. Any more details of this grubs address would be appreciated.

jemcorp
9th Jun 2020, 06:52
If anyone wants more details and an address, email me [email protected] and I'll send you details.

evilducky
19th Oct 2020, 01:36
Even more Simon Waters companies popping up. Seems he doesn’t even change the design, just whacks on a new logo and word vomit and starts again.

https://goldcoastdigital.com.au/

I wonder at what point it becomes criminal enough for the authorities to get involved.

jemcorp
19th Oct 2020, 01:59
Surely no one uses his services. The websites are so tired and boring, plus you can usually find a page that has some old drone or charter stuff on it.

Will make sure he has no clients to rip off.

Anti Skid On
19th Oct 2020, 02:02
Even more Simon Waters companies popping up. Seems he doesn’t even change the design, just whacks on a new logo and word vomit and starts again.

I wonder at what point it becomes criminal enough for the authorities to get involved.
Website has zero names on it, no physical address. Even the e-mail address is dodgy.. However, it is your man https://www.whois.com/whois/goldcoastdigital.com.au

and https://au.linkedin.com/in/simon-waters-1a7773122

jemcorp
19th Oct 2020, 02:03
Love how he doesn't have his name on it anymore, or list experience, training, background, or any previous clients!!

jemcorp
19th Oct 2020, 04:46
Yeah he's also got a dodgy company called ICI Capital, same website, same deal. Claims he's now a venture capital, investment big wig.

evilducky
19th Oct 2020, 12:21
The particular irony is (not to give you ideas Simon) that it is incredibly easy to hide that information and prevent it from ending up in a WHOIS query.

Already aware of one business that he has swindled under his new business names.

jemcorp
20th Oct 2020, 02:32
Yeah he's not the sharpest tool in shed. Shame for that business that got ripped off, don't know how we stop him. Got to be a way.

Capt Fathom
20th Oct 2020, 02:39
jemcorp. So I take VCAT was unsuccessful?

jemcorp
20th Oct 2020, 02:40
I won in VCAT, he delayed it then never turned up.

But getting payment from him is a whole separate matter. Will now refer it to a debt collector probably as his offer to pay has been a joke as always.

evilducky
20th Oct 2020, 09:20
I won in VCAT, he delayed it then never turned up.

But getting payment from him is a whole separate matter. Will now refer it to a debt collector probably as his offer to pay has been a joke as always.

Which of his business names was your action against?

jemcorp
21st Oct 2020, 02:32
Stratus, Lightspeed and Simon Waters personally.

Got the judgement against him personally as Stratus was in liquidation/bankruptcy. About to send it off to a debt collectors for them to go chase it up and cause him issues.

evilducky
2nd Nov 2020, 12:21
I know there's an element of this thread becoming 'Where in the world is Simon Waters,' but lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVzCwZhFGC/

Edit: Image removed by request. Showed a now deleted instagram post on the Airways Aviation page with Simon Waters standing next to two instructors. Caption listed that it was after Simon's first solo with Airways Aviation.

red_dirt
2nd Nov 2020, 20:28
Haha so much for being a Gulfstream pilot

Horatio Leafblower
5th Nov 2020, 23:03
Surely a different Simon Waters? Not exactly uncommon names

Iwillfindyou
6th Nov 2020, 08:03
Surely a different Simon Waters? Not exactly uncommon names

thats 100% him in that photo, I know what he looks like as I found his Facebook profile

Horatio Leafblower
7th Nov 2020, 02:20
thats 100% him in that photo, I know what he looks like as I found his Facebook profile

A small part of me is disappointed. He sent me a very nice and expensive bottle of Rum once. I have possibly received more from him than anyone else in the Australian GA sector.

Capt Fathom
7th Nov 2020, 03:19
The Facebook profile only proves that the person in the Instagram post looks like the person on Facebook. But with no information in that Facebook profile, it could be any Simon Waters!

Unless you have met him of course (and I haven't).

Would the real Simon Waters please step forward. :E

Iwillfindyou
7th Nov 2020, 03:21
The Facebook profile only proves that the person in the Instagram post looks like the person on Facebook. But with no information in that Facebook profile, it could be any Simon Waters!

Unless you have met him of course (and I haven't).

Would the real Simon Waters please step forward. :E

Someone posted a video of him on here also with him being interviewed, it’s him.

getaway
7th Nov 2020, 03:57
is this the same mob who are always saying they'll fly Melbourne to Mt Hotham in ski season ?

wheels_down
7th Nov 2020, 05:18
The photo had removed after someone commented
’stratus’. So yeah it’s him lol

galdian
7th Nov 2020, 05:39
apologies for ignorance, which of the three is he meant to be??

Ta.

Cunning_Stunt
7th Nov 2020, 05:56
Just a hunch... maybe the “ single striper “ in between the two “ Captains”!

evilducky
7th Nov 2020, 08:41
A small part of me is disappointed. He sent me a very nice and expensive bottle of Rum once. I have possibly received more from him than anyone else in the Australian GA sector.

I'd love to the know the context of this.

red_dirt
7th Nov 2020, 08:59
I'd love to the know the context of this.

I’d like to know if he actually paid for the rum

Horatio Leafblower
9th Nov 2020, 00:28
As I remember it he wanted a charter quote for 15 or 18 pax, so I referred him to some friends of mine with Jetstream 32s.

He was very grateful, but I am not sure my friends have forgiven me (sorry team)

havick
9th Nov 2020, 02:32
I’d like to know if he actually paid for the rum

Probably 5 finger discount from one of the jets he brokered a charter on.

jemcorp
12th Nov 2020, 04:45
Seriously just got this email.................haha, trying to sell me after ripping me off. Anyone know who his client is? Want to warn them before he scams them too.

Hi Everyone,

We have the pleasure of presenting a heavily discounted empty leg, from Ballina to Sydney Challenger 604 heavy VIP jet 10 seater $1000 per person and then a empty leg back from Sydney to Ballina or Brisbane on the 3rd January. We also have an empty leg happening next April or May Challenger 604, our client is depending on filling the empty leg I order to proceed Sydney to Cairns ( can be amended) and return 7-10 later $14000 each way - 10 Seater challenger 604 thanks

Kind Regards

Simon Waters

Office: 07 5636 1120 (tel:07%205636%201120)

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.blackstaraviation.com.au (http://www.blackstaraviation.com.au/)

Cruise Express
8th Feb 2021, 11:07
We signed a charter with the above a few months ago. And now we are stranded. Deposit taken and no Aircraft. Can anyone help perhaps shed some light on this?

Cruise Express
8th Feb 2021, 11:27
Simon Waters, now located on the Gold Coast I believe, is now trading as BlackStar Aviation and yes we have been had. Can anyone help and provide further information on this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Hardy Schneider
Cruise Express
Sydney Australia

wheels_down
8th Feb 2021, 23:28
Contact ACA. I’m not joking they will love this one. They live and breath the rot of the earth like Michael James’ and co.

brokenagain
9th Feb 2021, 05:01
This thread is an entertaining read. It’s like the aviation version of the Fyre Festival.

red_dirt
9th Feb 2021, 05:07
This thread is an entertaining read. It’s like the aviation version of the Fyre Festival.

never thought of it like that you’re right

Iwillfindyou
10th Feb 2021, 03:27
I’m on the Gold Coast I spoke to police, went to his offices (which are rent by the day) I spoke to fair trading and explained that he’s registering false addresses with the ATO under his Abn and nothing could be done, they basically said the only people who can take legal action is the ATO, so I called the ATO and reported him for Phoenix activity and they opened a file as he has had more bussiness addresses in the last 8 years than I’ve had got dinners, I think they registered 14 different addresses in 4 years or something.

You probably won’t get anything out of him as you have to find him before you can take him to court.

If you phone the ATO and discuss the situation with them and say they have already opened an account to register his Phoenix activity they’ll give you a reference number to send any information you have.

iI you can’t get your money back the least anyone can try and do is get the prick arrested for defrauding the ATO

Simon Waters, now located on the Gold Coast I believe, is now trading as BlackStar Aviation and yes we have been had. Can anyone help and provide further information on this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Hardy Schneider
Cruise Express
Sydney Australia

jemcorp
10th Feb 2021, 22:59
Sorry to hear you got ripped off too Hardy, was hoping no one else would get caught.

I have just submitted a complaint to ACCC so hopefully, that gets added to the list of complaints. Just need to get him stopped so no one else loses money.

Chris2303
11th Feb 2021, 03:41
Does he have no assets that can be sequestered?

jemcorp
11th Feb 2021, 04:00
Don't think so, haven't bothered to chase up further as wasn't willing to spend more money.

jemcorp
22nd Feb 2021, 04:51
I have just reported him to the Phoenix Taskforce at the ATO, hopefully they can follow it up.

If people want to report him too, please email [email protected]

Thanks

Capt Fathom
22nd Feb 2021, 10:01
Is this a vendetta, a witch hunt, or concerned citizens looking for justice? If laws have been broken, shouldn’t it be a police matter.

LAME2
22nd Feb 2021, 20:28
If he has done no wrong he will have nothing to fear from a tax office investigation

evilducky
2nd Mar 2021, 11:14
https://issuu.com/blackstaraviation/docs/lizard_island_?ff

Seems he’s still going hard at it, published yesterday. Reads like it was written by an eighth grader. Anyone for a holiday?

Climb150
7th Apr 2021, 01:59
https://issuu.com/blackstaraviation/docs/lizard_island_?ff

Seems he’s still going hard at it, published yesterday. Reads like it was written by an eighth grader. Anyone for a holiday?

I know year 8 students who could do a better job.

This guy
9th Apr 2021, 22:32
Ive been passed on some details if anyone needs them, pm me.

========================================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls. Create an email address people can use.

evilducky
1st Aug 2021, 13:36
Someone's been putting lockdown spare time being put to good use - rebranding! Introducing the Skyler Group!

https://abr.business.gov.au/ABN/View?abn=92652025431

Sigh.

Edit: oh there's more rebranding too! Introducting Skywings Aviation!
https://abr.business.gov.au/ABN/View?abn=99646459298

evilducky
17th Aug 2021, 12:46
NOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR WINDING UP ORDERCompany details
Company: Skywings Aviation Pty Ltd ACN: 646 459 298An application for the winding up of Skywings Aviation Pty Ltd was commenced by the plaintiff Richard Albarran on 22/07/2021 and will be heard as set out below.

https://publishednotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/Skywings-Aviation-Pty-Ltd-646459298/a89c5eff-658a-4f22-9e95-836ac2285b1d?appointment=All&noticestate=All&companynameoracn=Skywings+&court=&district=&dnotice=

And now we know why he’s registering yet another business. Outstanding.

onehitwonder
20th Aug 2021, 06:21
Where are you now Simon?

Stratus
Jetgo
Blackstar
Gold Coast Digital Media

Give up on business and aviation and disappear!

How many companies and court cases until you finally go away

Good god can only hope you wake up one day and disappear back to where ever you came from

jemcorp
7th Oct 2021, 07:12
Anyone got access to Courier Mail?

https://www.couriermail.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=CMWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.couriermail.com.au%2Fbusiness%2Fcityb eat%2Fblackstar-aviation-boss-simon-waters-faces-a-windup-bid-two-years-after-his-last-firm-crashed%2Fnews-story%2F4a57e1e93e328aef00cd7bb0ec3809e7&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-cold-control-noscore&V21spcbehaviour=append

Article on Simon!! Please post if you do.

PoppaJo
7th Oct 2021, 07:50
Simon I think it’s time to give Aviation the flick.

It looks like a bankrupt aviation industry player on the Gold Coast has encountered a fresh round of turbulence.

We learned on Tuesday that a wind-up bid has been launched in court against Skywings Aviation Pty Ltd, which trades as Blackstar Aviation.

The Southport-based business offers luxury private jet rentals to Hamilton, Hayman and Lizard islands, as well as charter getaways to horse racing and motorsport events around the country and across Asia.

Records show it was only launched last December by founder Simon Waters even though his LinkedIn page states, somewhat curiously, that he’s been the managing director of Blackstar since 2010.

In another odd twist, a 73-year-old gent living in the UK became his co-director in January.

But it gets even stranger.

We’re still unclear how Waters could serve as a director since he remains an undischarged bankrupt following legal action taken by a law firm two years ago.

His bankruptcy started just two weeks after Kirkhope Aviation in Victoria won court orders in January 2019 to have a liquidator appointed over Stratus Aviation Group Pty Ltd, where Waters was the sole director and owner.

Kirkhope, an air charter outfit operating since 1974, claimed it had spent months chasing an $80,000 debt and even alleged it had received bogus remittance statements from the company.

Just weeks before the Stratus crash, Waters told other media he was “in the process of restructuring’’ and poised to resolve a dispute with a services provider.

Liquidator Alice Ruhe later determined that Stratus went down owing 13 unsecured creditors nearly $300,000 and there was no chance of them recovering any of the money.

That’s not all.

In a report to creditors, she alleged that Waters had made nearly $195,000 in “unfair preference payments” to 10 parties before everything went pear-shaped at the company, which traded for less than a year.

Ruhe also revealed a raft of “uncommercial transactions’’ after she found that Waters had paid himself $67,000 in the nine months before the business went bust.

“I have identified significant payments in respect to the director’s personal expenses, including the payment of rent in respect to his residence, personal credit cards, motor vehicle repairs, food and drink purchases and cash withdrawals from the company’s bank accounts,’’ she wrote.

In case all this wasn’t enough, records indicate that Waters previously operated now-defunct entities Lightspeed Aviation and Jetblue Aviation.

Waters, a 34-year-old native of Adelaide who claims to be a “corporate Gulfstream pilot,’’ did not return a call seeking comment Tuesday.

evilducky
20th Oct 2021, 09:49
NOTICE OF WINDING UP ORDER AND APPOINTMENT AS LIQUIDATOR/PROVISIONAL LIQUIDATORLink to ASIC site (https://publishednotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/Skywings-Aviation-Pty-Ltd-646459298/71b856f7-847f-4543-9167-354986cc60bd?appointment=All&noticestate=All&companynameoracn=skywings&court=&district=&dnotice=)

Company details
Company: Skywings Aviation Pty Ltd
ACN: 646 459 298 ABN: 99 646 459 298

Appointment details
Notice is hereby given that Christopher John Baskerville was appointed liquidator(s) by an order of the Court on 18/10/2021.
Details of the Court are:
Court: Supreme District/State: New South Wales
Date of Notice: 19 October 2021

Quelle surprise!

jemcorp
30th Nov 2022, 01:59
Anyone heard any updates on our old mate?

AerialPerspective
30th Nov 2022, 08:33
Hi

You are correct and we ave done so today: Also see Press Release:

Urgent Press Release

We were recently made aware of a de-registered Company Stratos Transport Pty Ltd ACN 168 114 896 or Ryan Baker of Stratos Transport. This entity and individual has taken it upon themselves to attempt to divert business away from us and defame us. We are in no way related.

They have harassed our staff, harassed me personally and even made personal threats, which QLD Police are dealing with.

We were only made aware of this person around one month ago, and we have no argument with them however they have taken it upon themselves to become armchair trolls.

This is very distressing. We have in no way mislead clients into thinking we have an AOC or indeed own aircraft, we act as a broker, which is a widespread practice and we enjoy a stable and professional relationship with our operators, who support us and understand the need for brokers in the industry.

We have recently investigated a joint venture to reinstate the routes that were left un-serviced by JetGo, this has attracted media attention, and unfortunately, the 2% of negative comments cause far more stress to our business than the other 98% of positive comments.

We can assure our clients we run a transparent and professional service and look forward to continuing to work with our client base. We will not be bullied.

We look forward to fielding any enquires.
Kind Regards
Simon Waters

Someone should tell the lawyer that the plural of aircraft is aircraft, not 'aircrafts' (no such word).

evilducky
17th Jan 2023, 12:09
The fun continues. Simon's ABN appears to be cancelled (https://abr.business.gov.au/AbnHistory/View?id=86317131541). Seems he's up to his old tricks though. He's making it very easy to find him, now using what appears to be a personal mobile number for eight businesses (makes it really easy to Google search and find out what you're up to Simon, thanks for that). Phone number is on each website for anyone still owed money, maybe he's open to discussions now he's running a business empire.

Simon Waters businesses that appear to still be 'running':
https://skylergroup.com.au/
https://skylerdigital.com.au/
https://skyleraviation.com.au/
Home | ICI Capital (http://icicapital.com.au/)
https://goldcoastpc.com.au/
https://baysidedigital.com.au/
https://skyeyes.com.au/

The foray into IT is a predictable move. I wonder when he'll branch out into running an accountancy or insolvency law practice, surely on the radar soon.

jemcorp
1st Mar 2023, 22:40
This is hilarious, can't believe he's still out there doing same ****, with the same website design every time!

evilducky
17th Nov 2023, 10:57
He’s at it again, attempting to charm Swifties and empty leg operators alike.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1100x2000/5faa4aea_98f7_4d5f_a19f_206808faf8fb_7d1397d33eee636d4629270 bf24b280566743522.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1170x1346/107d6887_4b2a_4bd2_b649_1277ad9781aa_d1b539074ef0eb0120b52d5 080d8cb14606e3cf0.jpeg

jemcorp
18th Nov 2023, 00:25
Seriously can't believe it's same ****, same website etc. seems as though he started it in October. Zero followers on social media so hopefully he hasn't hurt anyone yet.

Surely he needs to be reported and shut down again

red_dirt
18th Nov 2023, 03:09
Seriously can't believe it's same ****, same website etc. seems as though he started it in October. Zero followers on social media so hopefully he hasn't hurt anyone yet.

he’s been reported, he’s an undischarged bankrupt and had companies wound up so what else is there to don

evilducky
18th Dec 2023, 06:20
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

https://cjets.com.au/

evilducky
26th Jan 2024, 09:28
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

https://cjets.com.au/

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1080x2000/a16d9bbc_2873_47de_8576_9e95ab65aec9_449ba6ab3d58263b2097234 d266f793e54d9e70e.jpeg
HMMMM.

Ijustneedausername
1st Feb 2024, 13:45

It is amazing what a google search will find you.
You seem very informed on Simon Waters and I would really appreciate a DM outside of the public eye 🙂