View Full Version : Commander 690 endorsement

Dewa_Gede_70
25th Jun 2018, 02:14
Can anyone point me in the right direction...I would like to do a 690 endorsement...would GAM be a good place to start??...Cheers

LeadSled
25th Jun 2018, 02:58
Can anyone point me in the right direction...I would like to do a 690 endorsement...would GAM be a good place to start??...Cheers
The short answer is yes, GAM.
Tootle pip!!

dhavillandpilot
25th Jun 2018, 07:00
Not sure GAM does outside endorsements, when I wanted to do a piston commander endorsement I had to go to Hobart.

Problem is do you have access to an aircraft? If not I suspect that will be the stumbling block. I do know there is a chap in Essendon not attached to GAM who can do it but aircraft becomes the issue.

Go to the twincommandergroup.com forum and ask the question there. The people on that forum will give the right answer.

Dewa_Gede_70
25th Jun 2018, 07:40
Thankyou for the information guys.

Not sure GAM does outside endorsements, when I wanted to do a piston commander endorsement I had to go to Hobart.

Problem is do you have access to an aircraft? If not I suspect that will be the stumbling block. I do know there is a chap in Essendon not attached to GAM who can do it but aircraft becomes the issue.

Go to the twincommandergroup.com forum and ask the question there. The people on that forum will give the right answer.

notthisguy1
26th Jun 2018, 02:04
Yes, GAM can do the 690 endo, its not a cheap one though.

Best off talking to the guys down there in Ops. They do have 2 690's, one is based from Adelaide that does the Alice run everyday, however the second is normally in Essendon on standby for any runs that need immediate action (i they have a pilot available).

ChaseIt
26th Jun 2018, 17:02
Not sure about the 690 but hit up John Chew, he may be of some assistance

Dewa_Gede_70
27th Jun 2018, 00:29
Cheers guys

FO Cokebottle
29th Jun 2018, 09:24
Contact Nigil Wittenall of Wittenall Aviation at Denniliquin. He has an Aero Commander and an AOC for training plus he is an ATO.

Problem solved.

dhavillandpilot
29th Jun 2018, 22:58
I think you will find Nigel's aircraft is a piston shrike 500S

not a turbine

FO Cokebottle
30th Jun 2018, 07:21
Yes, you're correct. Apologies, my oversight.
There aren't too many turbine Commanders in Australia.

gassed budgie
30th Jun 2018, 09:19
AG Airwork down in Stawell has a 690B and 695A. They might be worth a go.